'I wish Jon had knocked me out in six seconds' - Daniel Cormier

I don't not care what anyone says I'd honestly watch the third fight and still be intrigued, they are so closely matched that Jones could win 4/5 times in a row and I still think Cormier could grind out the odd decision so it'd be worth it.

Fedor is in bellator. Does Coker have compromising photos?

I want to see DC vs Stipe. Cain is hurt all the time.

I can kinda understand his logic. Like my favorite NFL team is the Seahawks, one Super Bowl they just destroyed the
Broncos from the opening possession, they never had any illusions or hope of winning. It sucks but it was an inevitable loss you could have turned off at halftime.

Meanwhile next Super Bowl the Hawks choke in the last seconds. It's a game they were on the verge of winning and myself and the fans let alone the actual players still think about what could have been years later.

D.C. Having success as opposed to just being shutdown must make him agonize over every little mistake because he had a good chance of winning.

Thinking DC is ever gonna fight Fedor

giphy.gif

Not only would it never happened but DC would demolish Fedor as of right now. We saw what DC did to Hendo, and how DC knocked out Bigfoot after Bigfoot gave fedor the worst beating of his career.

I've been asking myself that about the people who keep insisting that DC was winning the third up until the headkick landed.

DC was chasing Jon around and missing a bunch of shots while get crushed to the body with hooks over and over again.

The tide of the fight changed, and there's no reasonable argument that anybody can make that he was getting the better of Jon before the kick landed.

Probably the same as judges that give people rounds for their forward pressure despite being slowly destroyed the entire fight ala Sanchez vs Kampmann.

DC was doing the more flashy, jumping punches because he had to and because Jon's defense is so good, most or them in both fights barely landed or hit his arms. DC puts people to sleep when he lands, there's a good reason he never so much as wobbled Jones.

Jones on the other hand was doing his trademark death by a thousand cuts, hitting joints, working the body, coming over the top, again and again and again. He was not whiffing, he was breaking DC down. I'm frankly amazed the judges got it right in any capacity through two.

What are you talking about he's already lost twice. How many chances do you get to win at something before you have to accept defeat? Some avoid accepting defeat because their over inflated egos will not allow it. These people are usually small, tiny little men inside. A real man accepts defeat and his own limitations. DC is never beating Jones. He's going to be chasing that purple dragon like a dope fiend forever. He lacks grace and humility. I like DC though, a lot more than Jones.
People who preservere passed defeat are "tiny little men inside"?

Straight from page two of the gutless handbook.

There are things we can achieve and things we can't, but it is a commendable attitude to never stop trying. It sure beats the fuck who never lets it all hang out and pokes at people who take the risks.

If everyone had the mindset you're speaking of no one would accomplish shit out of the ordinary or predictable

I thought you were a Shogun fan?
He'd get taken down and smothered just like Anderson.
Yeah, Corms is a terrible match up for Shogun...but still, if Shogun beats OSP and wants to be champ, i think a Cormier fight would be good. Its a big name win for Corms, or a title ticket for Rua.

Yeah, Corms is a terrible match up for Shogun...but still, if Shogun beats OSP and wants to be champ, i think a Cormier fight would be good. Its a big name win for Corms, or a title ticket for Rua.
Its certainly a path to the title, but that road leads to Jones.
If Cormier isn't a good matchup I can't see a rematch with Bones ending much better than their first one.
I still respect Shogun for soldiering on after the elusive title fight.
Guys heart is unquestioned in my book.

When's the last time RuA won via leg lock...or the first?
When i watch Shogun fight, even nowadays, i always expect him to be creative and pull some unexpected stuff... if he ever fight Cormier, id love to see him trying some sub on the bottom, or even a KO on the feet. I think the biggest problem in Shoguns life werent the injuries, but being champion so young and, specially, getting married, lol... That marry with kids life is tough, and he loves his family... his training must have suffered a lot...dont blame him though ;)

Its certainly a path to the title, but that road leads to Jones.
If Cormier isn't a good matchup I can't see a rematch with Bones ending much better than their first one.
I still respect Shogun for soldiering on after the elusive title fight.
Guys heart is unquestioned in my book.
Id like to see that Jones-Shogun match up again... i know many (or most) here think its a death sentence but if Shogun earns the shot, why not... If he loses bad again, retirement is always a option... but if he wins :D That would be a great moment, and another feather on his legendary cap.

DC was doing much better in the last fight compared to the first. He won both rounds on all 3 judges cards and was about to take that third round. You gotta really get in there and make it a brawl with Jon. Kudos to Jon for making a highlight KO when he was behind. True champ.
person-smoking-crack-o.gif

This is like that one time you did pretty good against that boss monster. You figure you can beat him next time dammit!

Thats it bro conor has that shit down thats a real pro right there lol

"Never defend and they will never be able to prove you are not champion. Forever"
- Conor MacGregor channeled via Kenny Florian (in a trance)

Back