I went to the boys junior volleyball nationals last week

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I went to watch my nephew play.

Some really good athletes playing volleyball at the national youth level. Still I wonder what the sport would look like if more kids picked up the sport. Southern California dominated. Northern California and Puerto Rico had a few good teams. Most areas of the US have clubs that aren't competitive.

This was a good play someone caught.

Yeah, your "nephew".

<YeahOKJen>

ztg42g.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, your "nephew".

<YeahOKJen>

ztg42g.jpg
Yeah, I've defended you the TS in the past when he started random "I went to a high school game randomly" because I am a sports fanatic with a soft spot for the ending scene of Traffic where Benicio Del Toro watches a baseball game in Mexico. I find harmony in it, too.

But it's always boys volleyball with this guy...

Yeah, I've defended you the TS in the past when he started random "I went to a high school game randomly" because I am a sports fanatic with a soft spot for the ending scene of Traffic where Benicio Del Toro watches a baseball game in Mexico. I find harmony in it, too.

But it's always boys volleyball with this guy...

i like to break balls just to break balls, but this is weird, right?

like we're all supposed to discuss boys volleyball?

<23>

I thought I'd been on sherdog long enough that nothing would surprise me anymore. I was wrong

LOL this is effin hilarious

<Dany07>

But yes this is cool. I just still surprise Florida is not more competitive. Volleyball is largely associated with the beach, and of course bikinis and girls. Other than California, its Florida that has all the other beaches.

Are you a fan of Foot volley ball too ?

haha. I guess my enthusiasm got the best of me. I guess you have to be at these events to appreciate them. They are fun to be at watch as a fan of the sport. I think the game is probably best played at the 18s level or maybe college. But even in college it has become to a serving crapshoot. Players just bomb servers over and hope to get an ace and teams are okay with missing a ton of serves each match, which is kind of boring to watch.

There probably has to be some rule change to discourage service errors in college. Because the odds support being super aggressive with serves right now.

But yes this is cool. I just still surprise Florida is not more competitive. Volleyball is largely associated with the beach, and of course bikinis and girls. Other than California, its Florida that has all the other beaches.

The top players aren't playing beach at the youth level. There are six guys on the youth beach team right now. One guy is from Texas and another is from Tennessee. That is odd to me.

A northern California team at the indoor nationals last week that was seeded 7th in the 18s division tried to bring in a ringer and added a 6'8" middle from Florida who was on the youth national team last year. They added him just for nationals. He was not on a team that qualified for nationals this year so it was allowed. I don't know how that team didn't end up getting a medal. The guy they added was probably the best middle I saw in the 18s division and they were already a really good team.

The top seeded team added an international player to try to shore up a weak spot with one weaker player. But the top seeded team was worn out for the fourth day and lost to a team in the semis they would never normally lose to. These types of 4 day events endurance is a big factor.

Anyway, I won't be going to any more youth tournaments since both of my nephews are done with them and both earned scholarships and will play in college. I will likely talk about NCAA volleyball in the future.

are you disappointed that you have to look at 18 year old male ass now instead of 15 year old ass?

Anyone that watches only male volleyball is at least a little bit gay, imo.

TS, can't wait to get an update on the tee ball nationals coming up. Let us now how they went

I like women's beach volleyball. Not that much of a fan of women's indoor. The ncaa women's beach tournament format is great.

Back