I was wrong, and I believe now the 8-man tournament must be removed

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As of 2019 almost, don"t you feel we must protect more our fighters? Why should kickboxing be like MMA or boxing? Actually maybe worse?

They are not savages. The outcome was bad for all, is it worth? Ben Saddik broken hand, Adegbuyi affected face since fight one and possibly broken nose, and Inocente - you wouldn"t recognize his face at all.

i like you, but what if Adegbuyi won, you would like the 8 man tournaments to be removed?

8 man tournaments are the reason pretty much we all watch kickboxing(the K-1 WGP or max early tournaments that introduced almost everyone for the sport)

yeah, this tournament wasnt the most stacked with 3 guys that were way below the level of the other 5(including Mozny who is a good figher along with the top 4 seeds, not good as them but still), so ben Saddik had an easier path.

The tournament much probably done better numbers than any fight those guys on the card would get if they arent fighting hari or rico, only on YT Ben Saddik tournament win interview from 17 hours ago already haves 85k views and even the prelims had 45k views.

People get hyped with tournament because it produce some of the most memorable fights of the sport,i really hope it is the first tournament that is going to open the opportunity for the other weight classes have their own, especially the most stacked ones at the moment that are FW and WW.

All of those injuries happen in 1 off fights and aren't anything out of the ordinary or even that bad.

You're just salty because Adegbuyi got knocked out. Had he won you wouldn't be making this thread LOL.

Adegbuyi's nose was broken like 2 seconds before his back went sliding down the ropes. Stop using that as some kind of excuse.

csm_Jamal_Ben_Saddik_Glory_ecf244242e.jpg

You seriously need to let this Romanian bias go, it is not healthy at this point.

You are always hyping anything Romanian-related up in this forum and the moment things do not go your ways you backtrack hard.

latest

I mean jesus christ, I was complaining about this week K-1 tournament being too easy and pointless for my boy Gonnapar and he got knocked the fuck out in the first round and I have no problem with it.

One night tournaments grand prix are part of kickboxing history

I'd rather have a 16-man tournament. 8 fights first event and then done for it. Next event the 4 fights and also done. So on till every time the opponents fight they are fit. Pro side is if one of the fighters is injured you can just not let that fight go on and schedule it for the next event just like with Superbon at Kunlun. This is just my dream tho.

You seriously need to let this Romanian bias go, it is not healthy at this point.

You are always hyping anything Romanian-related up in this forum and the moment things do not go your ways you backtrack hard.

And how is this Romanian, ichi, are you normal? I asked a question because it's simply a mass kill. Or it"s too hard for you, to respond to variety?

i like you, but what if Adegbuyi won, you would like the 8 man tournaments to be removed?

It has nothing to do with Adegbuyi. It just reminded me how violent are these tournaments. Ask any fighter, after first number 2 it"s all bad. Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi and maybe even Inocente (if it wasn"t only his face) will recover maybe even in months. I asked a question because it's simply a mass kill.

I'd rather have a 16-man tournament. 8 fights first event and then done for it. Next event the 4 fights and also done. So on till every time the opponents fight they are fit. Pro side is if one of the fighters is injured you can just not let that fight go on and schedule it for the next event just like with Superbon at Kunlun. This is just my dream tho.

Strangely at the grand slam in Tokyo they didn"t look so affected and didn"t have so many injuries.

I just ask different opinions, so see if the fighters must be protected. I was a lot into these 8-men tournaments if you remember until last night. Broken hands, noses, swollen faces (actually tumefied).

I just ask different opinions, so see if the fighters must be protected. I was a lot into these 8-men tournaments if you remember until last night. Broken hands, noses, swollen faces (actually tumefied).
But you were okay with them when people had arms broken and injuries that kept them from continuing?

This was probably one of the least serious injury causing 8-man tournaments ever. They've been going on for 25 years...

Be honest you're just sour cuz Benny came up short.

Came up short is relative. Benny fought two wars, Jamal had relatively two easy fights. Tafa quit like a bitch in the frst round, and Guto didn't engage at all. This is not an excuse, these imbalances happen in tournaments, but still it deserves to be mentioned. Benny vs Wilnis was the best fight of Glory 62. Wilnis broke Benny's nose already in the second fight. It's not a lot of fun to fight Jamal with a nose that's already broken. You can see Benny touch and rub his nose during the fight, and everytime he does, he gets hit. Also he was tired out by the tough and hard battle vs Wilnis. On the other hand you have to give Jamal credits voor landing nasty kicks and shots on Tafa and Guto and fighting the final mostly with one hand.

Last edited:
Anyway, Benny vs Jamal needs to happen again at some point, but this time not in a tournament format.

It would definitely be easier on the fighters than a 1 night 8 man tournament.

Came up short is relative. Benny fought two wars, Jamal had relatively two easy fights. Tafa quit like a bitch in the frst round, and Guto didn't engage at all. This is not an excuse, these imbalances happen in tournaments, but still it deserves to be mentioned. Benny vs Wilnis was the best fight of Glory 62. Wilnis broke Benny's nose already in the second fight. It's not a lot of fun to fight Jamal with a nose that's already broken. You can see Benny touch and rub his nose during the fight, and everytime he does, he gets hit. Also he was tired out by the tough and hard battle vs Wilnis. On the other hand you have to give Jamal credits voor landing nasty kicks and shots on Tafa and Guto and fighting the final mostly with one hand.

Saddik broke his hand in the Guto fight.

Not a broken hand, but a sore shoulder.

Anyway, Wilnis is a tougher fight than Tafa and Guto combined. Ask Jamal, he will agree. And Wrzosek was a very tough fight as well.

I'd like to see Benny vs Jamal in a non tournament fight in the future. Take away external factors and have an honest as possible fight. I slighty favor Benny under such circumstances.

I like how so many were looking forward to this tournament and now they're saying tournaments are bad because of accumulated damage just because they're not happy with the outcome.

We know some will have an easier bracket than others, and we know some will be injured going to the next fight. That's what tournaments are like. Are you guys new to the concept?

I'm not saying that. Tournaments are great entertainment, but not the end all be all. I value a championship belt much higher. And I think stand alone fights are a much beter indicator of who's the beter fighter. But I very much would like to see a WW tournament in 2019. Tournaments are fun and great entertainment.

Back