I was watching this video of Prince Naseem Hamed and saw how huge his fists were

For sure there can be a different feel, to a certain degree. I've boxed guys who have "heavy punches", where it would literally move you around with a thud, and guys who had power that didn't feel like much on the gloves, but when it hit you it was like "oh damn what the hell just hit me" and all of the sudden the ring seems like its moving kind of power. Both types of power have punchers, and guys who can't punch though. Some guys got that thud but it just isn't much of a thud, some guys got explosive snap but it isn't anything special, u know? I guess that difference could be due to a literal weight difference in the hand, but as I said, I've had people lately describe my power as thudding/stiff/heavy, while others describe it as real explosive with a lot of snap without much thud. I've gotten a full 180 on different days from different people lol, its strange. One thing thats agreed upon tho is that: My punching power is dangerous. So regardless of the type of power it is, or how physically heavy the hand is, u either can punch or u can't.

This is all just from my personal experience of course.

Lol thanks guys, some people can be sad, but don't worry about it. It comes with the territory of being online period - let alone posting anything online. If I post it, whatever it is, I'm aware of the kind of reception I could get & and there will always be trolls out there who will try to belittle people on some "watch the world burn" type shit, it doesn't bother me at all though. Otherwise I'd stop posting, lol. It is more something to feel bad for that someone would feel the need to somehow turn any types of help or comments I make in this thread, into a negative comment towards myself. Like damn lol I feel bad for anyone that feels the need to do that.

In a way, it's helpful. A big inspiration for me to start boxing was due to bullying due to my size when I was a young teen - so the bullying even here just drives me to push harder. So it helps with my (hopefully) future success.

Lmao thanks man she is one of my idols, that photo is actually my favorite photo of all time, me next to 2 of my idols and were all genuinely happy.
{<redford}

Someone opens up a little with an interesting life story and dumbasses have to make jokes way below the belt in an instant about a medical condition and his family.

There are really cool guys on Sherdog but also some of the most pathetic basement dwellers in this world.

Its like a zoo for the socially retarded.

It's just @D 1 Wrestler, a guy who has no balls to back up anything he says. No one here has any respect for anything he says.

Yeah it makes things tough..

You know my girl being asian & me being black, things can get too rough for the poor girl.

27574725_179407596122651_5785319057926389760_n.jpg

May have under estimated with the 14 year old boy thing - it's just my dad has huge hands so that's what I was comparing to, I literally have the same sized fist as Floyd, and he didn't have a medical disorder so I guess I'm well within the normal range in that area.

Oh well, I knock people out so that helps me sleep better at night about any small hand problems Lmao<45><45>

You were not kidding your fist is pretty small especially in the last pic with Floyd and the red TMT hat, his fist is actually wider than your fist there

but your hands don't really look abnormally small as you claim them to be.

You don't even look black you like straight up Italian.

You and I have similar skin tone, im black but you can tell Im black but mixed I have hazel eyes and lighter hair and caramel skin but my nose is wide and my lips are thicker than yours. my moms mixed and my father is dark.

You were not kidding your fist is pretty small especially in the last pic with Floyd and the red TMT hat, his fist is actually wider than your fist there

but your hands don't really look abnormally small as you claim them to be.

You don't even look black you like straight up Italian.

You and I have similar skin tone, im black but you can tell Im black but mixed I have hazel eyes and lighter hair and caramel skin but my nose is wide and my lips are thicker than yours. my moms mixed and my father is dark.

That pic with Floyd is actually deceptive - he's standing in front of me and the photo is taken from his side, so his fist is a decent amount closer to the camera. I've literally compared fists with him side by side & there's really no size difference at all. Photo tricks. Same thing with the Andre Ward photo I'm bout to post - he's closer to the camera which makes him appear way bigger than he actually is, even tho he is a damn big guy.

Yep I have hazel eyes aswell, Like I said I can look pretty much any ethnicity I want to lol, heres a photo from 2017 more recently

26155062_1997610196930907_2820903308485459968_n.jpg

I used to try and push for the clean cut white kid look back in my teens - trying to go for the Oscar dela Hoya type innocent kid vibe for when I'd turn pro. Since my testosterone returned to normal tho, I grew a full beard & now pretty much anyone who's black immediately recognizes I'm mixed with black, while others just don't quite know what I am lol, I get Puerto Rican alllll the time tho from people who aren't black. It's crazy tho, anyone who is black can like see the black in others I guess.

27892512_1972871076074577_3985445482766794752_n.jpg

There's a recent one of my new weight of 155, me and the Son of God got to chop it up for a bit. Me and him are the exact same ethnicity - Irish/african american/scottish. Talked about Charley Burley and our small demographic among other things, lol.

No pac was not a thinker at all I could see him hurting nas and running right in for a finish and get clobbered. Better fighter but the big punch nullifies that

Pac was not a thinker and reading his political agenda he never will be :) agree .
He could not adapt in the ring but he followed Roaches strategic approach for a fight.
Thats what I meant and he is just so much better in any area other than punch power.

I honest think it would be a missmatch but respect your stance.

That pic with Floyd is actually deceptive - he's standing in front of me and the photo is taken from his side, so his fist is a decent amount closer to the camera. I've literally compared fists with him side by side & there's really no size difference at all. Photo tricks. Same thing with the Andre Ward photo I'm bout to post - he's closer to the camera which makes him appear way bigger than he actually is, even tho he is a damn big guy.

Yep I have hazel eyes aswell, Like I said I can look pretty much any ethnicity I want to lol, heres a photo from 2017 more recently

26155062_1997610196930907_2820903308485459968_n.jpg

I used to try and push for the clean cut white kid look back in my teens - trying to go for the Oscar dela Hoya type innocent kid vibe for when I'd turn pro. Since my testosterone returned to normal tho, I grew a full beard & now pretty much anyone who's black immediately recognizes I'm mixed with black, while others just don't quite know what I am lol, I get Puerto Rican alllll the time tho from people who aren't black. It's crazy tho, anyone who is black can like see the black in others I guess.

27892512_1972871076074577_3985445482766794752_n.jpg

There's a recent one of my new weight of 155, me and the Son of God got to chop it up for a bit. Me and him are the exact same ethnicity - Irish/african american/scottish. Talked about Charley Burley and our small demographic among other things, lol.

You look mixed in the pick with ward, im black and in those pics with floyd you dont look black at all and im good at telling if someone is half black. So you had me fooled big time maybe in person its diff

Are you on trt you said your testosterone returned to normal?

Salty as fuck lol if you care about respect on an internet forum your life is sad

I mean, if no one in here has any respect for anything you say, yet you continue to come back and say shit that gets universally laughed at, it probably is reflective of you being a cunt who isn't really good for much.

I mean, if no one in here has any respect for anything you say, yet you continue to come back and say shit that gets universally laughed at, it probably is reflective of you being a cunt who isn't really good for much.

again, i don't care. OMG random child like you is laughing at my post on an internet forum!!!! FML! lol

if you care about your e-rep your life is pathetic, i couldn't give two shits if fat non-athletes laugh at me. You post a picture of your mom and your pubic hair beard you get everything that's comin. Stop white knighting already like a little bitch and go find your safe space snowflake

again, i don't care. OMG random child like you is laughing at my post on an internet forum!!!! FML! lol

if you care about your e-rep your life is pathetic, i couldn't give two shits if fat non-athletes laugh at me. You post a picture of your mom and your pubic hair beard you get everything that's comin. Stop white knighting already like a little bitch and go find your safe space snowflake
ya it's a forum but it's just mean dude. sometimes people will say something about my ma like that they don't even know she's dead so i'll just chalk it up to shittalking but it can easily get personal, i don't talk to a relative because she's said some things about my ma that still have me pissed. mother/children is a pretty sacred relation to some people if you don't get that cool.

It's really just a matter of you being a miserable cunt who hasn't ever approached saying something worthwhile on here. I'm just making sure that it's established that you have no balls or opinions of any merit.

pubic hair beard, lmfao u really are one of the sad souls I posted about earlier. Hope god can heal u man, u should get a therapist or something to vent ur frustrations about your life instead of having to do it on a forum and taking it out on others who you don't know.

"life is pathetic" and "like a little bitch", 2 ironic statements coming from u because ur clearly projecting.

Only on an Internet forum can a response related to the thread title & topic can get turned into a personal attack on somebody who's been through more shit than ur little shit self could ever handle. The same comments u would make towards someone on a forum I hope you would do it in person, otherwise ur a fake pussy ass bitch. Even on this forum, I keep it real. I feel loyalty to this place because I've been browsing here since day 1 of me getting into training, on the standup technique forum trying to teach myself months before I ever stepped into a real gym. I want anyone who follows my posts to get to know me & see the journey even if its only through an Internet forum. Sherdog is suppose to be better than the shit ur displaying. But ur just 1 bad apple out of the sea of good posters on here.

The pubic hair beard comment is hilarious tho, just gotta throw shade one more time at somebody who's never done u wrong lol. U aint shit lmao for real go get some help so u don't feel the need to be a dick to people<45>

You sound like the snowflake getting all triggered. Move on, bitch.

Pac was not a thinker and reading his political agenda he never will be :) agree .
He could not adapt in the ring but he followed Roaches strategic approach for a fight.
Thats what I meant and he is just so much better in any area other than punch power.

I honest think it would be a missmatch but respect your stance.

He fought Diaz before moving up in weight. Diaz said he just couldn't handle the speed. The power wasn't exceptional. Power is probably only important if you have it in spades or lack it completely.

punching power is largely a mystery, nas was one of the all time greats in that dept, no doubt, and I wasn't ever a fan.

Yeah I admire his skills but never liked him as a fighter or a person. A mate of mine was working on his refurb at his pad a couple of years ago and got him to sign a photo for me as I have a bit of boxing memorabilia. It’s been shoved in my draw ever since.

I certainly wouldn’t call him a quitter as that’s not a term that any top level boxer should have levelled at him, but he lost all confidence after the Barrera fight. Imo that hurts his legacy because he never showed the mental capacity after his loss. I probably under rate compared to most due to this

Yeah I admire his skills but never liked him as a fighter or a person. A mate of mine was working on his refurb at his pad a couple of years ago and got him to sign a photo for me as I have a bit of boxing memorabilia. It’s been shoved in my draw ever since.

I certainly wouldn’t call him a quitter as that’s not a term that any top level boxer should have levelled at him, but he lost all confidence after the Barrera fight. Imo that hurts his legacy because he never showed the mental capacity after his loss. I probably under rate compared to most due to this
ya, he couldn't come back from defeat, wasn't even a huge defeat, humiliating only because he had pumped his own fat head up. success is hard to deal with, hard to bring the people who started you with you because they start getting ideas too, ingle wrote a book on him while they were together, which hurt their relationship which was already falling apart and like most of those relationships, money is at the bottom the dispute. I said all along that he'd lose the first time he fought a really well trained fighter, didn't think it would be barerra necessarily though. nas had a lot of luck, some guys have it some don't, that and the big punch. He did have heart, anyone who can knock dudes down right after being shaken up that shows some heart, the one loss and quit hurts him no doubt.

Changes on any given day lol. Sometimes no amount will make him train if he don't want to train, sometimes 20 dollars, sometimes 100. Depends on when you catch him and how hes feeling

Comes with the territory of the things you deal with when ppl have anonymity behind their keyboards. Definitely a low blow! I simplify it to a compliment "Ur mother is a very pretty lady", because that's probably how it would come out in person.
Wait Floyd will do mit work for $20 a session? O

At a certain point in time, yep he would. Not now tho, hes damn near retired.
is he really, he still looks pretty good when i've watched him. I only wish i had a trainer like him when i was young, I had people who wouldn't lift a finger, real common in the fight world.

Back