I was watching this video of Prince Naseem Hamed and saw how huge his fists were

Lmao not quite THAT small..

Heres an old vid of me when I was 130lbs, with 18oz gloves on

My hands are far from large, but my shots still got power. So large hands = power isn't true in my experience.

I boxed somebody who had some huge hands and wrists (he fist bumped me when I first saw him and it kinda hurt my hand, I was a bit offended lol), I was expecting him to have huge heavy shots. Nope, barely any power in his actual punches.

How much does Floyd sr charge to do mitt work ?

I have abnormally small hands due to a medical disorder I had as a kid, smaller than both my moms & my dads ( who has huge hands ). They aren't pygmy fists by any means, but probably the size of your typical 14 year old boy hand to a certain degree.
I have been told that I am a good puncher, and have scored knockdowns and knockouts with single shots with and without sparring gear, sometimes on accident/limiting power and trying not to. Even against guys that have outweighed me by 20-30lbs.

Based off my experience, and me having far from large hands or wrists, I know punching power has little to do with how big the hands/wrists are.

It's strange, the term heavy handed, because thats the term some coaches have used to describe my power, I always looked at it as just explosive but lately people always talk about how heavy my hands are, how my punches are heavy, & Floyd Sr., described it when we were doing mitts as "look man.. it feels like you have bricks in your gloves" & that was with 18oz gloves. Very strange because seriously my hands are way tiny for a man lol.
tiny-hands.jpg

Lord.....your poor girlfriend !

<NotListening>

Yeah it makes things tough..

You know my girl being asian & me being black, things can get too rough for the poor girl.

27574725_179407596122651_5785319057926389760_n.jpg

May have under estimated with the 14 year old boy thing - it's just my dad has huge hands so that's what I was comparing to, I literally have the same sized fist as Floyd, and he didn't have a medical disorder so I guess I'm well within the normal range in that area.

Oh well, I knock people out so that helps me sleep better at night about any small hand problems Lmao<45><45>

You know my girl being asian & me being black, things can get too rough for the poor girl.

May have under estimated with the 14 year old boy thing - it's just my dad has huge hands so that's what I was comparing to, I literally have the same sized fist as Floyd, and he didn't have a medical disorder so I guess I'm well within the normal range in that area.

Oh well, I knock people out so that helps me sleep better at night about any small hand problems Lmao<45><45>

you look hispanic, id destroy your moms tho

you look hispanic, id destroy your moms tho

My moms white my dads black, so with the right set up I can look pretty much any ethnicity, right now I look middle eastern because of my beard.

My mom would destroy you, whoop ur ass quick, so stay away from that one. Don't let that nice image fool you - she's been through it all & is tough as nails. There isn't a single situation ( and you can get dark with those thoughts ), that she hasn't overcome and beat. She makes my triumphs and adversities look like little kid stuff.

The benefit of having small hands is that your pecker will look much bigger than guys with average and above average sized hands when you wrap both hands around it, provided that you're endowed enough in the first place. Get a tiny woman (East Asian in your case?) with really small hands and that will help with the illusion too.

My moms white my dads black, so with the right set up I can look pretty much any ethnicity, right now I look middle eastern because of my beard.

My mom would destroy you, whoop ur ass quick, so stay away from that one. Don't let that nice image fool you - she's been through it all & is tough as nails. There isn't a single situation ( and you can get dark with those thoughts ), that she hasn't overcome and beat. She makes my triumphs and adversities look like little kid stuff.

oh trust me son, I'm gettin dark with them thoughts about your mum
<{jackyeah}>

Imo Nas was two levels beneath someone like Floyd or Pac. Above him were fighters like Morales, Barrera...etc and then on top Pac and Mayweather. They would have made him look silly in the ring.
nas was overrated but his power wasn't, he could kayo pac, pac wasn't the smartest guy in the world.

nas was overrated but his power wasn't, he could kayo pac, pac wasn't the smartest guy in the world.

You underestimate Pac. Watch his fight against Margarito, that was a tactical masterclass.
He would have outboxed, outpaced ,outsmarted & outspeed Nas.

Pac listened to Roach and fought with sophisticated gameplans. And I never said Nas power wasnt extraordinary. He was an absolute ko puncher no questions.

You underestimate Pac. Watch his fight against Margarito, that was a tactical masterclass.
He would have outboxed, outpaced ,outsmarted & outspeed Nas.

Pac listened to Roach and fought with sophisticated gameplans. And I never said Nas power wasnt extraordinary. He was an absolute ko puncher no questions.
No pac was not a thinker at all I could see him hurting nas and running right in for a finish and get clobbered. Better fighter but the big punch nullifies that

His wrist and his fist were massive, is this why he had such devastating power?

I time stamped it

I know he had tree trunk legs and would always be off balance but he could knock guys down or out while in air without his feet planted to the ground

How important is the bone structure for a puncher?

If you got small wrists and fists but lots of muscle you might not be a thudding puncher and would need to land a super loaded shot with all your weight, but guys like Naz could ice you with one shot even without loading up.

He has big hands, but he said himself that part of the reason he retired so young is that he constantly hurt his hands and how painful it was to punch anymore.

How much does Floyd sr charge to do mitt work ?
Changes on any given day lol. Sometimes no amount will make him train if he don't want to train, sometimes 20 dollars, sometimes 100. Depends on when you catch him and how hes feeling

don't talk about a man's momma that's below the belt.

Comes with the territory of the things you deal with when ppl have anonymity behind their keyboards. Definitely a low blow! I simplify it to a compliment "Ur mother is a very pretty lady", because that's probably how it would come out in person.

your hands and wrists are way smaller than Floyd's.

your hands and wrists are way smaller than Floyd's.

Oh, regardless of my years of shaking his hand, and comparing fists with him on numerous occasions, you must know something I don't. Good to know lol

I have abnormally small hands due to a medical disorder I had as a kid, smaller than both my moms & my dads ( who has huge hands ). They aren't pygmy fists by any means, but probably the size of your typical 14 year old boy hand to a certain degree.
I have been told that I am a good puncher, and have scored knockdowns and knockouts with single shots with and without sparring gear, sometimes on accident/limiting power and trying not to. Even against guys that have outweighed me by 20-30lbs.

Based off my experience, and me having far from large hands or wrists, I know punching power has little to do with how big the hands/wrists are.

It's strange, the term heavy handed, because thats the term some coaches have used to describe my power, I always looked at it as just explosive but lately people always talk about how heavy my hands are, how my punches are heavy, & Floyd Sr., described it when we were doing mitts as "look man.. it feels like you have bricks in your gloves" & that was with 18oz gloves. Very strange because seriously my hands are way tiny for a man lol.

But larger fists would make the punch feel different. They'd havr to, it's the weight distribution. A Greek ballistae would have power, but a catapults shot would have more mass and gravity t it. You probably have the means to generate power, and it could be the sharp, snapping sort of power, but ham hands make a fighter's punches have a different feel when they touch you. If you had larger fists, the power would be there, but also, it would feel different.

Technique is the cornerstone.

Someone opens up a little with an interesting life story and dumbasses have to make jokes way below the belt in an instant about a medical condition and his family.

There are really cool guys on Sherdog but also some of the most pathetic basement dwellers in this world.

Its like a zoo for the socially retarded.

Which one is your Asian girl ........... the one with Floyd ?

<{hughesimpress}>

4/10, elbows too pointy but has potential.

Lol......I'm just breaking balls here, brother.

<28>

Also, yes, your mum is cute. Pretty lady and my regards to her.

Someone opens up a little with an interesting life story and dumbasses have to make jokes way below the belt in an instant about a medical condition and his family.

There are really cool guys on Sherdog but also some of the most pathetic basement dwellers in this world.

This. Like myself most of us are couch potatoes and we’ve got a kid who’s a potential up and comer and able to give us some nice insight. Take it easy, guys.

But larger fists would make the punch feel different. They'd havr to, it's the weight distribution. A Greek ballistae would have power, but a catapults shot would have more mass and gravity t it. You probably have the means to generate power, and it could be the sharp, snapping sort of power, but ham hands make a fighter's punches have a different feel when they touch you. If you had larger fists, the power would be there, but also, it would feel different.

Technique is the cornerstone.

For sure there can be a different feel, to a certain degree. I've boxed guys who have "heavy punches", where it would literally move you around with a thud, and guys who had power that didn't feel like much on the gloves, but when it hit you it was like "oh damn what the hell just hit me" and all of the sudden the ring seems like its moving kind of power. Both types of power have punchers, and guys who can't punch though. Some guys got that thud but it just isn't much of a thud, some guys got explosive snap but it isn't anything special, u know? I guess that difference could be due to a literal weight difference in the hand, but as I said, I've had people lately describe my power as thudding/stiff/heavy, while others describe it as real explosive with a lot of snap without much thud. I've gotten a full 180 on different days from different people lol, its strange. One thing thats agreed upon tho is that: My punching power is dangerous. So regardless of the type of power it is, or how physically heavy the hand is, u either can punch or u can't.

This is all just from my personal experience of course.

This. Like myself most of us are couch potatoes and we’ve got a kid who’s a potential up and comer and able to give us some nice insight. Take it easy, guys.

Lol thanks guys, some people can be sad, but don't worry about it. It comes with the territory of being online period - let alone posting anything online. If I post it, whatever it is, I'm aware of the kind of reception I could get & and there will always be trolls out there who will try to belittle people on some "watch the world burn" type shit, it doesn't bother me at all though. Otherwise I'd stop posting, lol. It is more something to feel bad for that someone would feel the need to somehow turn any types of help or comments I make in this thread, into a negative comment towards myself. Like damn lol I feel bad for anyone that feels the need to do that.

In a way, it's helpful. A big inspiration for me to start boxing was due to bullying due to my size when I was a young teen - so the bullying even here just drives me to push harder. So it helps with my (hopefully) future success.

Which one is your Asian girl ........... the one with Floyd ?

<{hughesimpress}>

4/10, elbows too pointy but has potential.

Lol......I'm just breaking balls here, brother.

<28>

Also, yes, your mum is cute. Pretty lady and my regards to her.

Lmao thanks man she is one of my idols, that photo is actually my favorite photo of all time, me next to 2 of my idols and were all genuinely happy.

Back