'I was the first Conor McGregor.'

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rampage-jackson-i-was-the-first-conor-mcgregor-214820091.html

Rampage has a upcoming rematch fight against King Mo recently but said he was the first fighter that trash talked and was exciting.

Jackson, though, became popular for two reasons: He could punch and he could talk.

He referenced the popularity of UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor, and said he likes how McGregor talks but comes to fight when the bell sounds.

That guy ain’t laying on top of no one,” Jackson said.

Jackson said he was doing what McGregor is doing now long ago, but said he’s been criticized for it.

I was the first Conor. I was Conor Mc-[N-word].”

He can talk and say what he wants and talk about money and say he’s in it for the money and nobody opens their mouth and says anything negative about what he is saying,” Jackson said.

Do you agree with Rampage?

This was taken from the comments lmao:

"He was also the first Bruce Jenner, because of his reckless driving that destroys peoples live"

Rampage never had the "gift of gab" like Conor does. He also never predicted his own success like Conor has done, he never won 2 concurrent titles in a major promotion like Conor has done, and he got choked out by Saku, a man smaller than him, while Conor was choked out by Nate, a man larger than him.

Not hating on Rampage, but he was never the "first Conor McGregor"

Quinton Mc-[N-word] Jackson

I dig it

Rampage never had the "gift of gab" like Conor does. He also never predicted his own success like Conor has done, he never won 2 concurrent titles in a major promotion like Conor has done, and he got choked out by Saku, a man smaller than him, while Conor was choked out by Nate, a man larger than him.

LMAO

Nate is gatekeeper tier Saku is GOAT tier.
Not saying rampage is better but come on man

I've always preferred fighters who don't talk much at all, let alone talk shit.
Fedor, Machida, etc.

You make it sound like losing to Saku is a bad thing, Saku was one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time and Rampage was pretty young at the time. Conor got choked out by a dude who was pretty much picked as a replacement because the UFC felt it would be an easy matchup.

Rampage also defended his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship against Dan Henderson, also unifying the Pride Middleweight Championship while doing so.

Put some respek on Jackson's name.

Also reported. @thatKid

You make it sound like losing to Saku is a bad thing, Saku was one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time and Rampage was pretty young at the time.

I've got nothing but respect for Saku. The fact that he was able to pull off his sub over Rampage is proof how good he was. But you can't compare Rampage to Conor.

Conor got choked out by a dude who was pretty much picked as a replacement because the UFC felt it would be an easy matchup.
Yeah. But Conor took a rematch and won, Rampage never fought Saku again, and instead of admitting Saku was the better fighter, he made a variety of excuses.

Rampage also defended his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship against Dan Henderson, also unifying the Pride Middleweight Championship while doing so.

Put some respek on Jackson's name.
Yes, thank you, I do know what Rampage did. I literally said "Not hating on Rampage here" but I suppose you didn't bother to read my post before replying to it.

Also reported. @thatKid
<209Bitch>

Difference with Rampage is that he often came up short when it mattered.

Wanderlei 2x, Shogun, Griffin, Rashad, Jon Jones... Rampage had a year on top after beating Liddell but lost to Forrest, a guy he NEVER should have lost to.

In McGregor's biggest fights he put away the 145lb GOAT in 13 seconds and moved up and battered the 155lb champ.

Rampage shouldn't lower himself to that comparison. He's a natural on the mic. He doesn't come in following a script.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rampage-jackson-i-was-the-first-conor-mcgregor-214820091.html

Rampage has a upcoming rematch fight against King Mo recently but said he was the first fighter that trash talked and was exciting.

Jackson, though, became popular for two reasons: He could punch and he could talk.

He referenced the popularity of UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor, and said he likes how McGregor talks but comes to fight when the bell sounds.

That guy ain’t laying on top of no one,” Jackson said.

Jackson said he was doing what McGregor is doing now long ago, but said he’s been criticized for it.

I was the first Conor. I was Conor Mc-[N-word].”

He can talk and say what he wants and talk about money and say he’s in it for the money and nobody opens their mouth and says anything negative about what he is saying,” Jackson said.

Do you agree with Rampage?

Rampage is many many levels below conor...closest to conor in trash talking and bravado is chael...but chael lost all his big fights...Conor has won them...When rampage has a record number of people that show up just to hear you at a press conference, then you can talk.

I've got nothing but respect for Saku. The fact that he was able to pull off his sub over Rampage is proof how good he was.

The way you initially worded that made it sound like losing to Saku was a bad thing.

and he got choked out by Saku, a man smaller than him, while Conor was choked out by Nate, a man larger than him.

Still reporting just to be sure.

The biggest difference is Rampage is a very negative person, he can be funny but he also does far too much moaning, and he has became very bitter over the years.

Back