I was pondering an alien invasion and how that would go.

If an alien race discovered we are around they would probably just death star us from wherever the hell they are.

Habitable planets like ours would likely be treated as valuable. I doubt they'd destroy the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aliens advanced enough to get here could probably bio engineer plagues that would kill us off.

If they are so superior that they are capable of getting here while we still don't know where they are from or even that they exist, they can do whatever they want to us.

What was the book series
Vampire Earth series by EE Knight. I really liked it because it's a different take on vampires, it uses them more to set up a post apocalypse type of scenario. They got into positions of power and manipulated a lot of events from behind the scenes pretending to be humans. Then they showed up in their alien forms as supposed saviors when shit hit the fan.

But it's all part of a plot to get to our juicy blood. They're like drug addicts. They can live off the blood from almost anything, but sentient life is richer and gives them a euphoric feeling. They don't do any of the actual fighting themselves. They have basically these enslaved husks called Reapers that they bio engineered, and they have a symbiotic link to them. They use them as foot soldiers, and it's pretty much impossible for humans to fuck with them without serious firepower or genetic enhancement.

Never mind what the aliens do, I want to know what you people would do first via Tom Cruise screaming road trips

depending on where everyone lives, you might hunker down or go somewhere nearby?

They would take all our women and leave.

518acpWxPfL._SY445_.jpg

Vampire Earth series by EE Knight. I really liked it because it's a different take on vampires, it uses them more to set up a post apocalypse type of scenario. They got into positions of power and manipulated a lot of events from behind the scenes pretending to be humans. Then they showed up in their alien forms as supposed saviors when shit hit the fan.

But it's all part of a plot to get to our juicy blood. They're like drug addicts. They can live off the blood from almost anything, but sentient life is richer and gives them a euphoric feeling. They don't do any of the actual fighting themselves. They have basically these enslaved husks called Reapers that they bio engineered, and they have a symbiotic link to them. They use them as foot soldiers, and it's pretty much impossible for humans to fuck with them without serious firepower or genetic enhancement.

Ill check it out. Sounds good

I feel like knowing basic geography wouldn't help much during an alien invasion. Their tech would probably look like magic to us. I can't imagine beating a race advanced enough to master FTL travel with.... tanks and infantry and shit.
Beings capable of such feats wouldn’t need to conquer us with force. It would be done under our noses with people none the wiser... until it was too late.

Don't be silly.

If aliens got here, ie had faster than light tech either we'd be wiped out instantly, ignored or contacted. There would be no fight, that would be like us 'fighting' manlets.
Bro, I think you’re forgetting that we have Mark Wahlberg. It’s not gonna go down like that.

Ill check it out. Sounds good
It's sort of an interesting mashup. They read kind of like adventure novels set in a military backdrop. The main character starts the book as a young military recruit, and you watch him turn into a grizzled veteran through the events in the books.

The human race in this last 50 years is at the dumbest and most incompetent than it has been in 4000 years.

Everyone thinks their generation is special, let me let you in on a little secret: humans are no more or less stupid than we have always been. In fact, some people say that we're smarter do to better nutrition blah blah blah

Aliens are basically human projection of our desires; people give aliens all of our characteristics, right down to our looks (bipedal and everything). People make them with superior technology and a hard on for colonization. For all we know they're peaceful beings.

Oh yea...
And there are 5 Oceans.

If they just wanted to wipe us out we’d be dead before even knowing of their existence, a civilisation with faster than light travel would have weapons technology beyond our comprehension or possibly even definition of the word “weapon”.

Ohh it happened unfortunately
We got dragged into that shit too

Nah man its just one of the lies you tell your kids like santa. You tell em all about the "vietnam war" so they don't get overconfident in the countries military might.

Back