I was pondering an alien invasion and how that would go.

I've wondered if this maybe isn't the true purpose of war. I mean, it's awful for us to fight each other and kill each other. But what if doing that, since the dawn of civilization, is what allows us to defend ourselves against an alien invasion? What if we're just in the training phase before the REAL fight?

I've wondered if this maybe isn't the true purpose of war. I mean, it's awful for us to fight each other and kill each other. But what if doing that, since the dawn of civilization, is what allows us to defend ourselves against an alien invasion? What if we're just in the training phase before the REAL fight?
There are a lot of reports saying that as our weapons evolved during WWII, there were increased UFO sightings and also cases of UFO's disabling weapons. I'm inclined to say that they are even trying to save humanity, not the other way around.

Don't be silly.

If aliens got here, ie had faster than light tech either we'd be wiped out instantly, ignored or contacted. There would be no fight, that would be like us 'fighting' manlets.

Wiped out or ignored. They would have scouted us already and know we are not worth contacting.

When I was a kid (80s and 90s) there were only 4 oceans. Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, and Arctic. I was looking at a school atlas recently and there are 5 all of the sudden - the Southern Ocean. WTF?

I do agree that we are now the smartest (most available information), but also the dumbest (people rejecting information and common sense). Look at how many people claiming "fake news" or media bias when they encounter differing opinions. So many don't understand or believe the scientific process. Like not believing in global warming, etc.

The interwebz has given people access to a wealth of knowledge, but also the ability to spread hate and misinformation. Kids nowadays will believe ridiculous shit like flat Earthers just because famous people do. They believe Kanye and Kim more than their parents (a lot are terrible themselves) or teachers. All they wanna do is play on their phones all day.

Anyway, the aliens will do whatever the fucking they want with us. They will either come for our resources, in which case they will eradicate us, or on friendlier terms to study and communicate with us. We might try and kill them, because that's what we do, but they will be able to annihilate us easily.

Even without the alien apocalypse, the world is essentially doomed. Our destiny is to destroy this planet and everything on it. Look at the damage we've done in the last 200 years and extrapolate it out. Our only hope is that the aliens do come and they are friendly and we don't try and kill them. They give us technology about the Mass Effect relays and we me Krogans, Asari, the masked Muslim people and the salamander faced people, etc.

Seriously, people, think about it. Why do these billionaire evil geniuses care about space exploration so much? They know the Earth will not be around for too long and will need a place to live. It ain't any Sherbros getting those Martian slots, it's the Elon Musk's and Jeff Bezos's and the Donald Trump's of the world.

End of disjointed rant.

I don't think the alien invasion is going very well for us. We're still under attack and they're everywhere.

trump-immigration-0616.gif

If aliens came to war I'm guessing for resources, food, genetic material, etc. Since humans have the power to irradiate the planet into radioactive mush in a literal scorched earth policy, they'd need to be careful how to do this. They'd probably start infiltration, align with a powerful country as a mouthpiece by trading tech, offer amnesty for elites, then subjugate the population. Essentially it's the plotline of X-Files.

I don't think it is that simple.

If an alien race came here with bad intent they would mostly be wanting our resources.

They would know that we would be willing to use nukes to defend ourselves and doing so would destroy most or a lot of our resources, enough for it to not be worth it to them.

I think if they were malicious they would take a sneakier route
They would almost certainly be able to launch a simultaneous attack to wipe out all major city centres and just level them without contaminating much of anything. that or a simple biological attack that could be delivered without us even knowing Aliens had arrived.

Also they would likely be able to take over all our computers remotely leaving us unable to control anthing requiring computer control.

I...

That would make it more likely that an alien arrival would be about exploration and exchange rather than an invasion. Here's hoping anyway.
I don't think that bodes well for us given the only relatable reference we have being mankind.

Using us a reference if it is the USA or Russia who finds life we can dominate and resources on an alien world they will be killed and/or enslaved and their resources claimed. If the Chinese get their first they will be eaten as some type of aphrodisiac with their resources eaten as garnish.

f.gif

They would almost certainly be able to launch a simultaneous attack to wipe out all major city centres and just level them without contaminating much of anything. that or a simple biological attack that could be delivered without us even knowing Aliens had arrived.

Also they would likely be able to take over all our computers remotely leaving us unable to control anthing requiring computer control.

I don't think that bodes well for us given the only relatable reference we have being mankind.

Using us a reference if it is the USA or Russia who finds life we can dominate and resources on an alien world they will be killed and/or enslaved and their resources claimed. If the Chinese get their first they will be eaten as some type of aphrodisiac with their resources eaten as garnish.

f.gif

How can you be so sure? Wouldn't it depend on what resources they need?

If something effects humans, it would probably effect plant and animal life as well. Also, we are only assuming that they have the technology to isolate us from other life. Basically because they can do X, it means they can do Z.

Like I said if they're goal is resources such as heavy metals, I agree with you. If they want to cultivate and use our land, not so sure.

How can you be so sure? Wouldn't it depend on what resources they need?

If something effects humans, it would probably effect plant and animal life as well. Also, we are only assuming that they have the technology to isolate us from other life. Basically because they can do X, it means they can do Z.

Like I said if they're goal is resources such as heavy metals, I agree with you. If they want to cultivate and use our land, not so sure.

We have learned throughout our history that advances in one technology lead to many major advances in most other areas. The dsciover of both flight and space flight has lead to massive advances in weaponry.

The form of propulsion for FTL travel will almost assuredly have many applications for weapons.

With 70% of the population living in urban cities it would make us very easy to target. There are massive bombs like MOAB and FOAB that could wipe out those cities easily leaving no radiation or secondary damage. So unless they were coming for our buildings or roads they would not GAF about leveling the city. None of our oceans or major forrest or rural areas would be harmed.

And there are already many human pathogen affecting viruses and bacteria so you should not expect that an alien race would not be able to have one. Heck they could do as Columbus did to the natives and just introduce a virus they have found a cure with, with their advanced medicine that we have not yet been exposed to. If smallpox was able to wipe out the natives. Alien Pox will certainly be a threat to us.

Don’t worry bro, Trump is starting the space force, space marines will take care of the aliens.
Chump's Space Force will end up being extremely incompetent and corrupt like all the other Chump cronies.

If they wanted the planet, there would be no battle. We'd just be toast, probably in some manner that's inconceivable to us at our current level of technology.

If there are advanced species, I doubt they'd care much about us more than a mild, passing interest at best. There's many planets with far more resources so they wouldn't need our planet for that, and we're probably no where near advanced enough to make establishing contact of any interest to them.

I don't think it is that simple.

If an alien race came here with bad intent they would mostly be wanting our resources.

They would know that we would be willing to use nukes to defend ourselves and doing so would destroy most or a lot of our resources, enough for it to not be worth it to them.

I think if they were malicious they would take a sneakier route
There was a series of sci fi novels I read, where the aliens blended in pretending to be normal humans, and manipulated political affairs from behind the scenes to get what they wanted. Makes more sense than either a prolonged war, or blitzing us and fucking the planet up and killing off all the potential slaves.

There was a series of sci fi novels I read, where the aliens blended in pretending to be normal humans, and manipulated political affairs from behind the scenes to get what they wanted. Makes more sense than either a prolonged war, or blitzing us and fucking the planet up and killing off all the potential slaves.

Wasn't that a movie too?

Chump's Space Force will end up being extremely incompetent and corrupt like all the other Chump cronies.

You seem to suffer from Trump derangement syndrome (tds) it’s ok, it will clear up in about 6 years.

Back