I was pondering an alien invasion and how that would go.

you're tripping dude. you have it 180 on reality.

In galactic timescales, i.e. 13.8 billion years until now, there is plenty of time for colonisation of an entire galaxy - for instance, our galaxy. There have been several very simple mathematical models that suggest even at very modest transportation speeds of 0.25% of the speed of light, galactic colonisation across a radius of 120,000 light years (our galaxy) could be easily achieved in like 500,000 years.

basically nothing on the galactic timescale

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2012/01/new-mathematical-study-reveals-that-our.html
for example

At 0.25% c, it would take 500,000 just to travel across the galaxy, not colonize it.

Maybe the aliens are just after our money? :eek:

Seriously speaking though, aliens who are are far more advanced than us don't need any of the shit in this planet. They'd know how to mine energy from the sun, get minerals from other planets, clone animals so they won't need to eat us etc etc..

Yeah, but maybe they're just dicks. You know, like how you used burn ants with a magnifying glass just for fun when you were little.

The creepiest thing about an alien invasion is that they will most likely be robots, not organic beings.

it definitely won't be something fucking stupid like the movies Signs or A Quiet Place where humans stand a chance.

If the day comes people would wish the Nazi's had won.
Because in that case, we would be the one doing the invading.

Say about the Nazis what you want. They definitely would have had space nukes by now.
And probably used them several times.

Our Government would sell us out to curry favor and stay alive.

Not well but trump, putin, and jung-un would probably try to build a wall.

If the day comes people would wish the Nazi's had won.
Because in that case, we would be the one doing the invading.

Say about the Nazis what you want. They definitely would have had space nukes by now.
And probably used them several times.

Nazi's were morons. They had the calculation for critical mass completely wrong.

it definitely won't be something fucking stupid like the movies Signs or A Quiet Place where humans stand a chance.
I generally don’t like nit picking movies because they are movies.. but damn what if the aliens invaded somewhere that has high levels of humidity would the aliens just slowly roast... what a stupid concept

That's because we don't need to memorize stuff like that ts, what's the point?
Just look it up on your phone?

Or ask alexa. We no longer to store general information in our brain when it's so easily accessible

99% it would have to be done and over in 30 mins.

But maybe there is a chance. With knowledge comes technology. And as such, a lot of stupidity. The human race in this last 50 years is at the dumbest and most incompetent than it has been in 4000 years. Yeah there are still amazingly intelligent people. But for the most part.... the people that used to read the national enquirer, now don't have to read, or do math, and can say anything they want on the internet and believe it is true. If you don't believe me try this. Ask anyone and everyone you know to name the 4 oceans. I haven't found any of my new labor capable of doing so in 20 fucking years.

And I almost feel like everyone reading this post is looking it up right now.

There’s 5 oceans now I’m pretty sure, not 4. 3 of them being the.. important ones? Most consider the Antarctic as the 5th.

Also, you’re wrong. There’s tons of super intelligent people. Where the fuck do you think all these inventions come from? Look at all the shut we have today and the new shit coming out. The thing is that yes, the dumb outnumber the smart but it has always been this way. You just don’t hear about what they’re really doing because the majority’s not interested. They find shit boring. It’s always been this way.

No matter how smart we are, in this day and age we wouldn’t stand a chance against aliens. They can make ships that can travel in space apparently using gravity. We still have no idea wtf gravity really is. If we could make a ship like the aliens do, it’d be the biggest breakthrough in human history. Here’s the thing - if aliens can travel in space, manipulate gravity, possibly travel through time, etc, just imagine the weapons they could make.

They could probably just use the gravity against us somehow. They wouldn’t be shooting missiles n shit, they’d use something far more effective. We wouldn’t stand a chance and won’t stand a chance for god knows how long.. couple thousand, hundred thousand maybe even million(s) of years. Aliens fuck us up. We could all be geniuses but we’d still be idiots compared to them. They’re far more intelligent. To a level we simply cannot understand in this age.

Boii we not alone.

They would take control of all our freshwater supplies and just sit and wait. We can’t attack with nukes because if we do we ruin the freshwater supply. It’s a simple enough matter to destroy the human race.

Depending on the types of aliens in question. Using Starcraft as an example, a zerg invasion would be very different from a protoss one.

is-this-meme-racist-full.jpg

The extraterrestrials are laughing at us, taking advantage of us. Let me tell you folks, they can't believe what they're getting away with. I'm going to build a big, beautiful energy field around the earth, and the ayyliens will pay for it. Nobody will be tougher on aliens than me, believe me.

Back