I was pondering an alien invasion and how that would go.

This is really good watch for someone interested in the subject. Came on TV as a 3 part in depth look on the subject several years ago. There are actual plans in place of alien invasion. It’s good practice for military generals to work out war games against more advanced foes and go through scenarios in general. Basically TL/didn’t watch version is history has taught us through guerilla warfare a less technological army can stand a chance against a much more advanced one, although civilization would be totally fucked.

Also, I’m really not sure why aliens would attack us in the first place. Earth like planets are fairly common throughout just the galaxy. Water is pretty abundant, same with most elements. The only thing that would make sense is pretty dark. Earth is the only place we know of that has life and complex organic tissue, and the aliens intend to consume us.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we can defeat them with 90s computer viruses.

id4-e1428433644714.jpg

But for the most part.... the people that used to read the national enquirer, now don't have to read, or do math, and can say anything they want on the internet and believe it is true.

There's something in your about "stupid" statement. Its the same reason its a horrible idea to use social media to instruct AI. Not because there's a lot of it readily available, but because its horrible input for AI to learn from. It's no wonder Microsoft had to turn it off in a day.

Likely it'll be the reason AI decides eradication of human life is the only solution to the planet.

iVof3D4.jpg

aa.png

When it comes back it'll be in kill mode:
o9xmyafb29braf4z2cnn.png

88928467_taytweet1.gif

99% it would have to be done and over in 30 mins.

But maybe there is a chance. With knowledge comes technology. And as such, a lot of stupidity. The human race in this last 50 years is at the dumbest and most incompetent than it has been in 4000 years. Yeah there are still amazingly intelligent people. But for the most part.... the people that used to read the national enquirer, now don't have to read, or do math, and can say anything they want on the internet and believe it is true. If you don't believe me try this. Ask anyone and everyone you know to name the 4 oceans. I haven't found any of my new labor capable of doing so in 20 fucking years.

And I almost feel like everyone reading this post is looking it up right now.

Atlantic, Pacific, Indian and Hudson Bay

If an alien race discovered we are around they would probably just death star us from wherever the hell they are.

So which 4 out of the 5 oceans would be your correct answer TS?

People tend to not think about time when they think about space. The universe is billions of years old, we are at most a couple of hundred thousand years old, and we have been only capable of space flight for about 60 years. The chances of alien civilizations being close enough to us to make contact an anywhere close to our evolutionary level is tiny.
It was only 200years ago people were using muskets. Imagine earth 200 years ago fighting earth now. George Washington vs reaper drones, Apache gunships and Abrams tanks. Now imagine earth now vs a civilization 2000 years more advanced
you're tripping dude. you have it 180 on reality.

In galactic timescales, i.e. 13.8 billion years until now, there is plenty of time for colonisation of an entire galaxy - for instance, our galaxy. There have been several very simple mathematical models that suggest even at very modest transportation speeds of 0.25% of the speed of light, galactic colonisation across a radius of 120,000 light years (our galaxy) could be easily achieved in like 500,000 years.

basically nothing on the galactic timescale

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2012/01/new-mathematical-study-reveals-that-our.html
for example

#NotAllAliens and #OpenBorders4Earth would trend on twitter as we are gradually all anal probed and vivisected.

Ukraine will be the last holdout of humanity against an alien invasion.

We'd win dude. Murica is undefeated in war plus we could throw a billion chinamen at em. Game set match.

There's something in your about "stupid" statement. Its the same reason its a horrible idea to use social media to instruct AI. Not because there's a lot of it readily available, but because its horrible input for AI to learn from. It's no wonder Microsoft had to turn it off in a day.

Likely it'll be the reason AI decides eradication of human life is the only solution to the planet.

iVof3D4.jpg

aa.png

When it comes back it'll be in kill mode:
o9xmyafb29braf4z2cnn.png

88928467_taytweet1.gif

Is that real?

Don't know if I can

Do a search on Microsoft racist ai tweets.

Image search prolly better, otherwise you get article after article describing the author's feelings upon rrading said tweets rather than tweets themselves.

Maybe the aliens are just after our money? :eek:

Seriously speaking though, aliens who are are far more advanced than us don't need any of the shit in this planet. They'd know how to mine energy from the sun, get minerals from other planets, clone animals so they won't need to eat us etc etc..

Back