I was pondering an alien invasion and how that would go.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
99% it would have to be done and over in 30 mins.

But maybe there is a chance. With knowledge comes technology. And as such, a lot of stupidity. The human race in this last 50 years is at the dumbest and most incompetent than it has been in 4000 years. Yeah there are still amazingly intelligent people. But for the most part.... the people that used to read the national enquirer, now don't have to read, or do math, and can say anything they want on the internet and believe it is true. If you don't believe me try this. Ask anyone and everyone you know to name the 4 oceans. I haven't found any of my new labor capable of doing so in 20 fucking years.

And I almost feel like everyone reading this post is looking it up right now.

Caspian Ocean, Nile Ocean, Red Ocean and Baltic Ocean.

I feel like knowing basic geography wouldn't help much during an alien invasion. Their tech would probably look like magic to us. I can't imagine beating a race advanced enough to master FTL travel with.... tanks and infantry and shit.

Don’t worry bro, Trump is starting the space force, space marines will take care of the aliens.

is-this-meme-racist-full.jpg

I can picture an alien species sending a city-wide scout ship, and our elected leaders firing hundreds of nukes at it. The scout-ship flies away and the Earth is blown up, like a man punching himself so hard in the face that he decapitates himself, just so that he can kill a wasp that landed on his nose...

I don't think it is that simple.

If an alien race came here with bad intent they would mostly be wanting our resources.

They would know that we would be willing to use nukes to defend ourselves and doing so would destroy most or a lot of our resources, enough for it to not be worth it to them.

I think if they were malicious they would take a sneakier route

If an alien race came here with bad intent they would mostly be wanting our resources.

They would know that we would be willing to use nukes to defend ourselves and doing so would destroy most or a lot of our resources, enough for it to not be worth it to them.

Couple billion of them could just land in Europe and America and claim asylum. Mission accomplished. Muslims be like

giphy.gif

the Invisible Man will get beaten to death by Mr Hyde while little Victorian people run around screaming everyone knows this

Don't be silly.

If aliens got here, ie had faster than light tech either we'd be wiped out instantly, ignored or contacted. There would be no fight, that would be like us 'fighting' manlets.

Last edited:

If they wanted to wipe us out my money was would be on a biological weapon targeted at humans but leaving most of the rest of the natural world intact.

But in military theory, oceans are often seen as almost impossible barriers for great powers that want to expand. It's likely that space would present a similar obstacle even to an advanced, alien superpower.

That would make it more likely that an alien arrival would be about exploration and exchange rather than an invasion. Here's hoping anyway.

99% it would have to be done and over in 30 mins.

But maybe there is a chance. With knowledge comes technology. And as such, a lot of stupidity. The human race in this last 50 years is at the dumbest and most incompetent than it has been in 4000 years. Yeah there are still amazingly intelligent people. But for the most part.... the people that used to read the national enquirer, now don't have to read, or do math, and can say anything they want on the internet and believe it is true. If you don't believe me try this. Ask anyone and everyone you know to name the 4 oceans. I haven't found any of my new labor capable of doing so in 20 fucking years.

And I almost feel like everyone reading this post is looking it up right now.
I assume you know there are five oceans and you're taking the piss?

The average IQ now is much higher than any other time. Education continues to improve and shift from rote learning random trivia to logic, advanced STEM topics and critical analysis. SJW bullshit increases, but it merely replaces dumb shit like religion studies

Your premise is fatally flawed

It is impossible to discuss this, as our concept of aliens and their possible technology is based on our own accumulated knowledge and perceptions.

Read "the skrewfly solution" by Raccoona Sheldon. More or less how an alien invasion would go if they just wanted our living space and where willing to just exterminate us.

People tend to not think about time when they think about space. The universe is billions of years old, we are at most a couple of hundred thousand years old, and we have been only capable of space flight for about 60 years. The chances of alien civilizations being close enough to us to make contact an anywhere close to our evolutionary level is tiny.
It was only 200years ago people were using muskets. Imagine earth 200 years ago fighting earth now. George Washington vs reaper drones, Apache gunships and Abrams tanks. Now imagine earth now vs a civilization 2000 years more advanced

People tend to not think about time when they think about space. The universe is billions of years old, we are at most a couple of hundred thousand years old, and we have been only capable of space flight for about 60 years. The chances of alien civilizations being close enough to us to make contact an anywhere close to our evolutionary level is tiny.
It was only 200years ago people were using muskets. Imagine earth 200 years ago fighting earth now. George Washington vs reaper drones, Apache gunships and Abrams tanks. Now imagine earth now vs a civilization 2000 years more advanced

It used to take explores months to cross oceans once thought uncrossable.

I imagine thier space ships would look as forien to us as a 747 would to Christopher Columbus

They’d probably pop out of hyperspace and crash shortly there after, relying on the power grid that they built with all the pyramids etc still working. And be pissed as fuck we let the grass get so high so to speak.

They’d be all, what the fuck did you idiots do.

Then we’d fuck them up because their weapons would have no power and they are not physically imposing beings.

First thing they'd do is conquer Uranus

If they are able to travel the universe I’m pretty sure they could disable our nukes and technology in general via computer virus, EMPs or some other crazy thing we haven’t thought of.

Back