I was going thru some old analog photos

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
You know the photos that you can tangibly hold in your hands and that you had to develop in a shop and all that, very ancient sumerian technology few know about nowadays; and anyway they all have a sort of outdated, nostalgic vibe to them, maybe because they were taken in like the 80s and 90s, but what I was wondering: maybe it's an intrinsic quality of the medium itself and if you were to take and develop photos with an old camera today they would still have that outdated, nostagic look to them. What do you think?

Analog photos?

NtUJsvZ9.jpeg

Did you also find this thing called a period? Some don't know what that is either. ;)

You know the photos that you can tangibly hold in your hands and that you had to develop in a shop and all that, very ancient sumerian technology few know about nowadays; and anyway they all have a sort of outdated, nostalgic vibe to them, maybe because they were taken in like the 80s and 90s, but what I was wondering: maybe it's an intrinsic quality of the medium itself and if you were to take and develop photos with an old camera today they would still have that outdated, nostagic look to them. What do you think?
The old outdated look is the sign of a cheap film camera, cheap film and bad photography.

There is a new growing trend for Polaroid type stuff. You can buy new poloroid cameras and film today

I can scan and post pics I took in film camera era next to a digital shot and you’d have a hard time telling which was which.

You can still buy professional grade film cameras and film new today, it’s a small market compared to pro digital but it does still exist.

Photos are just Paintings children...

While at the pharmacy the other night I seen that they’re still selling disposable film cameras. Thinking I’ll pick some up.

I also have the Fuji film Polaroid camera that’s popular. It takes crumby photos and the view finder itsnt centered so that’s frustrating

the last one i took was me and my best friend groping Al Bundys dick.

The old outdated look is the sign of a cheap film camera, cheap film and bad photography.

There is a new growing trend for Polaroid type stuff. You can buy new poloroid cameras and film today

I can scan and post pics I took in film camera era next to a digital shot and you’d have a hard time telling which was which.

You can still buy professional grade film cameras and film new today, it’s a small market compared to pro digital but it does still exist.

Storage is also a factor as even the best prints can be damaged by UV and chemicals in cheap photo albums.

If the TS actually wants faded prints I expect he could re-create the process by using old cheap film, getting them printed on cheap paper and then aging them artificially by leaving them under a UV lap until they've degraded sufficiently.

Unless it's Kodachrome, I'm not interested. On a good note Kodak may bring back Koachrome. I may actually buy a simple 35mm film camera if that's the case.

I do still shoot some 35mm film although I get it well scanned rather than enlargement printed then make prints such as a would with my digital work.

ue4gQ0K.jpg

qYPraxZ.jpg

c3OZoVK.jpg

JYQm0ru.jpg

Last edited:
Who the fuck calls them "analog photos?"

Just take your digital camera / phone images and have them printed to the same size as the analogue ones.
They be printed in the same fashion with the paper on the back.

Nah dude the world looked different back then. The government and vatican just don't want you to know. It was black and white up until the 60s or so and then the world kind of had a red tint to it. Then everything looked in technicolor for a while until the 90s when shit started to clear up. These days the world is in HD. Has nothing to do with the quality and technology of those older cameras.

I do still shoot some 35mm film although I get it well scanned rather than enlargement printed then make prints such as a would with my digital work.

ue4gQ0K.jpg

qYPraxZ.jpg

c3OZoVK.jpg

JYQm0ru.jpg
What are you shooting with?

I still prefer taking some b+w with good b+w film vs digital raw and black and white in post.

Back