I was dissappointed by two bakeries today

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
At work someone gave me this AWESOME cinnamon doughnut and it was the greatest doughnut I have ever had - EVER! Asked them where they got it and told me it was a near by bakery. I went to get some all excited! Stepped into the bakery ... what a pathetic bakery. Like only a few shelves, some bread, some other shit - just low grade every day bakery shit.

I asked about cinnamon doughnuts and got the most gruff lady ever. How can you be gruff when you work at a bakery? I didn't think this was possible but this bitch was gruff as fuck. "They are only made on TUESDAYS!!!" .... wtf and I'm suppose to know that? Why do you only make them on Tuesdays you fuck head. I had to get out of there, I was PISSED

So I drove to another bakery that I remember being awesome 10 years ago - they had shelves full of stuff back in the day and I had high hopes - but they changed DRASTICALLY

OMG first off there was nobody there ... at all - I could have just taken shit if there was shit worth to take. The shelves were gone! There were like 4 crappy displays in the middle of a large waste of space room with the tiniest garbage baked goods ever. Tiny sugar cookies, the smallest bullshit Éclair I've ever seen in my life - WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Threw my whole day off honestly then I gave blood and almost passed out cause I missed lunch

What are bakeries like in your town - tell me some bakery stories!

I thought this thread was going to be about bakeries refusing to put a figure of two guys holding hands on top of a cake.

dOdptGMO9r-4.png

On a bakery related topic

Morrisons which is a supermarket in the U.K.
Now sell, a foot long sausage roll!

I don't shop there but I'm intrigued

i bet they bake them everyday

These people have to wake up super early in the morning to bake so that customers have fresh stuff to eat at normal hours, so I can understand if they aren't exactly in pleasant moods.

Coffee shop people on the other hand have it easy and charge crazy high prices for the kewl hipster factor.

At work someone gave me this AWESOME cinnamon doughnut and it was the greatest doughnut I have ever had - EVER! Asked them where they got it and told me it was a near by bakery. I went to get some all excited! Stepped into the bakery ... what a pathetic bakery. Like only a few shelves, some bread, some other shit - just low grade every day bakery shit.

I asked about cinnamon doughnuts and got the most gruff lady ever. How can you be gruff when you work at a bakery? I didn't think this was possible but this bitch was gruff as fuck. "They are only made on TUESDAYS!!!" .... wtf and I'm suppose to know that? Why do you only make them on Tuesdays you fuck head. I had to get out of there, I was PISSED

So I drove to another bakery that I remember being awesome 10 years ago - they had shelves full of stuff back in the day and I had high hopes - but they changed DRASTICALLY

OMG first off there was nobody there ... at all - I could have just taken shit if there was shit worth to take. The shelves were gone! There were like 4 crappy displays in the middle of a large waste of space room with the tiniest garbage baked goods ever. Tiny sugar cookies, the smallest bullshit Éclair I've ever seen in my life - WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Threw my whole day off honestly then I gave blood and almost passed out cause I missed lunch

What are bakeries like in your town - tell me some bakery stories!

it's not an actual bakery, more like a donut place, but there's this place next to the house i grew up in that makes AMAZING donuts. the place opens up at 4am, and i shit you not, there is a line almost outside the door by 5. every time i visit my folks, i stop by to pick up a dozen to bring to them. and speaking of eclairs, the fucking BEST eclairs are had there. the asian folks who work there even speak spanish haha. lots of hispanics live in the area, so it's good for business to talk in their language.

You should have stuck to the tried and true bakeries.

910ONdgirEL._SX355_.jpg

These people have to wake up super early in the morning to bake so that customers have fresh stuff to eat at normal hours, so I can understand if they aren't exactly in pleasant moods.

Coffee shop people on the other hand have it easy and charge crazy high prices for the kewl hipster factor.

eh, i don't really give them a pass just because they wake up early. i wake up at 5am every day, and i'm not treating people like crap. in the food business, it's imperative that you are in a pleasant mood. a big reason why people go to certain restaurants or bakeries is because of the customer service. it's not always about the food. at least i don't think so.

Fresh apple cider doughnuts from a farm not too far away. We go there around Halloween time. Delicious.

There is only one real bakery left in the city of 70,000 that I live near. There were more when the city was smaller. There is a place that makes cupcakes and cookies. There were several grocery stores that had bakeries but most of them closed. Some restaurants sell some items and the convenience stores have some.

Maybe the bakery lady is worn out from fighting off the rats?

I'm not sure if I've set foot in a standalone bakery since I was a teenager. There was one by my house where two girls I knew from school worked.
They had to wear outfits that showed some nice cleavage.

Back