I was a writer for Iron Fist AMA.

TS, what were your contributions or ideas (good and bad) that made it to the actual show?

How does one go about becoming a writer for a show like that?

I had the opportunity in the past through someone I knew, but kinda screwed that chance by choosing to compete in MMA instead. (Which ended up sadly going nowhere past my 1-0 pro record)

Serious question. Are you the reason it sucked compared to the other Marvel shows? If not, who was? I'm not trying to diss but you know the response that first season got (I haven't seen the second season). Also who's idea was it to cast Finn? One of the worst castings I've seen.

Was trying not to be an arsehole but thank fuck someone else brought it up,. Of all the MU TV shows this was the worst by far (what I saw- <S3/4?).

While the others weren't much better at least they had 1 or 2 good first episodes that showed the potential and sucked you in a little.

Serious question. Are you the reason it sucked compared to the other Marvel shows? If not, who was? I'm not trying to diss but you know the response that first season got (I haven't seen the second season). Also who's idea was it to cast Finn? One of the worst castings I've seen.
He joined in March and has over 12k tucking posts.

MAYBE if he put some effort into writing and got the fuck off sherdog and who knows what other forums posting non stop along-damn day the writing would have been better

I am disappointed the show got cancelled but Jesus was season two poorly written.

Now we fucking know why, the writers phoned that shit in and were on sherdog shit posting non stop all fucking day.

If it was daredevil it’d be cool but iron fist?

<DisgustingHHH>

MAYBE if he put some effort into writing and got the fuck off sherdog and who knows what other forums posting non stop along-damn day the writing would have been better

I am disappointed the show got cancelled but Jesus was season two poorly written.

Now we fucking know why, the writers phoned that shit in and were on sherdog shit posting non stop all fucking day.

Haven’t seen the show, but this post is gold!

Get of Sherdog and do your job... Or at least try, you seem to suck at it.

You'd figure the awful reaction to season 1 would make them get their shit together.

how are you feeling based on much the show sucked?

How much shame have you brought on to your family?

When people ask your parents what you do for a living what do they say?

Yup that's right. I was on set and a writer for Netflix's Iron Fist. AMA.

Alright well I dunno if I believe you but I'll ask anyway

The dialogue. What goes on when you plan a scene and write dialogue? If it's bad, do you notice before it is shot? Do you just blame the actors for not being able to deliver? Do they ever ask to make changes to it (and was it usually a good thing when they did, or a bad thing?)
How get defensive do you feel when people criticize different aspects of the show? How personal do you take it when a show gets shit on for the writing?

I thought Iron Fist had really good plotting. The story from start to finish just flowed well and made sense. The family dynamic you guys brought in was ambitious and worked really well.
That evil psychopath father played by David Wenham was damn near perfect. There were genuinely complex moral challenges Dany had to face that bounced from his role in society to his "extended family" and his role as Iron Fist which really fleshed the character out. There was a lot in there to like.

But Finn Jones didn't deliver his lines very well, and he certainly didn't make for a convincing martial artist. Did anyone ever think to just have him wear the mask and get a stunt double in for the fight scenes? And I am having trouble coming up with specifics but I also remember the dialogue making me cringe quite a bit. I just don't understand how that happens. People talk to one another all day. We know what sounds fake and rehearsed vs real and spontaneous. How do forced-sounding interactions slip through?

Hook me up with Rosario Dawson's number or e-mail or something she touched or looked at..........................asking for a creepy friend.

How do you have 12,422 posts in less than 9 months? Holy fucking incel, batman.

Back