I want to clarify on the old policy on PEDS. Basically out of competition you could pop

For anything under the sun. But when it came to being "in competition" you had to test clean. This is basically what Chael said in an interview. That back in the day, they would do random drug tests but you could test positive out of competition but IN competiton you can not. You basically get your license a week or two before the fight takes place. Once you get that license to fight X opponent you are now "in competition" and can not piss hot.

That's why I think so many fighters failed tests pre USADA because it was allowed out of competition and the fighters just didn't taper off correctly and pissed hot while in competition. Also TRT adds a whole new layer to that.

They were pretty lienent back then

The UFC actually ran their own TRT program, lol. Dr. Jeff Davidson who works for the UFC is the guy who put old man Todd Duffee on the juice. He once sent a memo urging Dana to convince Roy Nelson to start the TRT program. Nelson told him to go fuck himself.

I didnt say failing the tests didn't have repercussions, although they probably couldn't have been suspended.

Vitor also failed an out of competition test when he was on TRT and the nsac couldn't suspwnd him for it They ended up banning TRT though.
Wasn't that because TRT was not banned at that time. Hence Couture, Hendo, Vitor etc. could do it openly. They didn't brag about it but there was no restriction on it.
If Vitor tested positive for a banned steroid at that time, I think he would face suspension.

My memory isn't very clear as to when USADA came into play and when the OOC testing started.

Last edited:
That was before the dark times
Before Usada

where is this failed test? no he didnt.
Yes he did . It's not officially a failed test because his test was over the limit, the NSAC couldn't even release the results because he wasn't a licensed fighter, it got released after he reapplied for a license and I believe from memory his test was in the 1400s and the max is like 1100 maybe. But fighters on TRT were supposed to be around the 400s at most.

Mobile now but I'll find a link

Hes a multiple time juicer...was caught pre usada for random drug test for a steroid ped cocktail. He's a good source on this subject matter. He knows peds and ped policy.

Then he should have been smarter about getting away with it.
Since everyone is juicing, right? But only guys like Chael were getting caught multiple times.

Wasn't that because TRT was not banned at that time. Hence Couture, Hendo, Vitor etc. could do it openly. They didn't brag about it but there was no restriction on it.
If Vitor tested positive for a banned steroid at that time, I think he would face suspension.

My memory isn't very clear as to when USADA came into play and when the OOC testing started.
Yes TRT was legal but you needed an exemption from the state you were fighting in. During Vitor's TRT reign all of his fights on TRT was in Brazil.

He then went to a fighter's awards show in Vegas and was randomly tested when he got off the plane by the NSAC , because he was scheduled to fight Weidman for the title

For anything under the sun. But when it came to being "in competition" you had to test clean. This is basically what Chael said in an interview. That back in the day, they would do random drug tests but you could test positive out of competition but IN competiton you can not. You basically get your license a week or two before the fight takes place. Once you get that license to fight X opponent you are now "in competition" and can not piss hot.

That's why I think so many fighters failed tests pre USADA because it was allowed out of competition and the fighters just didn't taper off correctly and pissed hot while in competition. Also TRT adds a whole new layer to that.

They were pretty lienent back then.

also I say people in lfa invicta and bellator are drug tested the level usada is so that could lead to something as well./

They were pretty lienent back then.

What are the PED policies of the major 4 professional sports in the US? I'm sure the best way to gain fans and popularity in the States is to police the fuck out of your athletes doing PEDs right?

Yes he did . It's not officially a failed test because his test was over the limit, the NSAC couldn't even release the results because he wasn't a licensed fighter, it got released after he reapplied for a license and I believe from memory his test was in the 1400s and the max is like 1100 maybe. But fighters on TRT were supposed to be around the 400s at most.

Mobile now but I'll find a link
There is no max threshold under the Wada code for testosterone. So exceeding a threshold is not a failed test .

Some arbitrary random threshold put in by a commission is irrelevant really.

What are the PED policies of the major 4 professional sports in the US? I'm sure the best way to gain fans and popularity in the States is to police the fuck out of your athletes doing PEDs right?
Tennis? Same as the ufc
Golf? Same as the ufc
Track? Same as the ufc
Cycling? Same as the ufc

I assume you are talking about the professional sports with the most competitors

:)

Tennis? Same as the ufc
Golf? Same as the ufc
Track? Same as the ufc
Cycling? Same as the ufc

I assume you are talking about the professional sports with the most competitors

:)

@dimspace I think you're the first and only USADA newb on Sherdog!

Everybody remembers Vitor killing TRT and the NSAC not even being able to mention his test
There is no max threshold under the Wada code for testosterone. So exceeding a threshold is not a failed test .

Some arbitrary random threshold put in by a commission is irrelevant really.
How is it irrelevant when we're talking about testing prior to USADA?

If there is no threshold for testosterone under WADA how do they test someone that has a TUE?

Back