I wanna see Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva

Would have been fun to watch when Silva was in his prime but at this point it would be a one sided beat down. Anderson probably would have lost even in his prime but it could have been an entertaining fight.

@Sansnom

1) You can't duck someone in a higher weight class than you.

2) Anderson Silva was more than welcome to go down to 170 and fight GSP.

3) Fighting Silva in 2018 does absolutely nothing for GSP. Silva has already lost to Bisping who GSP choked out in the 3rd round after a 4 year lay off.

1) Sure you can.

2) Andy was willing to meet in the middle.

3) MMA math is no good. Also, May/Pac happened way after it should have, Pac had been brutally KO'd right before, and the fight was still the biggest of all time when it happened.

Everyone and there brother was calling for "Anderson vs GSP," not just Anderson. And this went on for YEARS before Anderson's fall, but GSP came up with more excuses than Mayweather why he couldn't do it. People would ask the both of them nonstop about doing it and Anderson always said sure and that he'd even be willing to do catchweight to make it as fair as possible, but GSP was just too scared and always had a reason why he couldn't. "MW is too much of a jump. I need 4 years to put on extra bulk. No catchweight, 170 only. Blah blah blah"

Then Anderson loses the title and becomes a can and suddenly GSP is ready to try out MW. How convenient. I guarantee you if Andy was still champ instead of Bisping, GSP would have NEVER moved up to fight for the title.

Anderson moving down to 170 would have been a hell of a lot harder than GSP fighting him at 185. Especially since GSP is an absolutely humongous WW. (He bulks up to 190+ in his off time when not training for a fight, and there's still not an ounce of fat on him). But to make GSP more comfortable, Anderson was even willing to go to 177.5 which would have been the most fair for both of them, but GSP was still too scared.

Now Anderson is way older, way past his prime, not even half the fighter he was, and GSP is still too scared to fight him and still making excuses. MW Champion GSP....is still too scared to fight shell Anderson. It's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in MMA.

As for "doing something" for GSP, fighting Anderson is still a dream fight in many people's eyes and it'd be guaranteed the main event, therefore it would still be an absolutely gigantic event overall. It wouldn't have anything to do with a title, but this is about as big of a legacy fight as you can get outside of a title fight, even with Anderson being a shell of himself. And GSP could make just as much or more money in this fight than in a fight against someone like Woodley for the title. Plus, people love Anderson. Seems like only a select group gives a shit about Woodley. So I can almost guarantee GSP/Andy sells more than GSP/Woodley.

So really, there's no good reason not to do it. GSP is scared of Anderson, plain and simple.

At this stage, the two biggest fights GSP could possibly have are:

#1: GSP vs Conor
#2: GSP vs Anderson

So you can't fall back on the "wouldn't do anything for him" excuse.

Anderson went from WW to MW to LHW. He fought Cormier on 2 days notice a few weeks out from surgery and you want to imply he’s a coward.

Wanna know true cowardice? That fat Russian HW that refused to fight in the UFC for 10 years.

You’re straight up fucking retarded.

Back