I Used To Think Edgar Would Kick Conor's Ass, But Now...

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...I'm not so sure.

I just watched the second fight between Edgar and Maynard, and after seeing the way Maynard rocked him in the first round, I now have less doubt that McGregor could have won. I mean, Frankie survived the onslaught and showed what a chin he had, but if Maynard can do that to him, I'm confident a striker like Conor could as well, and possibly even finish the job.

I still think Edgar is one of the worst stylistic match-ups that Conor could have ever faced, but I'm much more confident now in his chances that he could have prevailed and maybe even stopped Frankie. Is there any chance that we could still see this fight?

How long ago was that Maynard fight?

You think Duffy or that no name guy would beat Conor right now?

Conor is too big and powerful for him, and i like Frankie waaay more

I'm not sure who would win but I definitely would like to find out.

At 145 -50-50

At 155- 75-25 for Conor.

Both guys definitely have the tools to win that fight. Anyone telling you i's a lock either way is full of it.

I think TS is right that Frankie is hittable. Conversely, McGregor is takedownable.

Edgar has been badly rocked plenty of times. It certainly wouldn't be a shock if Conor stopped him, but it wouldn't be a shock if Edgar ragdolled him either.

It's not like Edgar has gotten exceptionally better (in general) since then. He still gets tagged and a chin only gets worse, not better, over time.

Maynard is also a wrestler.

At the time of their 2nd fight.....a damn fucking good wrestler.

Its alot harder to get a damn good wrestler like Maynard to the mat, than a guy like Conor who is not a wrestler and not known for having strong TDD.

Maynard is also a wrestler.

At the time of their 2nd fight.....a damn fucking good wrestler.

Its alot harder to get a damn good wrestler like Maynard to the mat, than a guy like Conor who is not a wrestler and not known for having strong TDD.

Actually he IS known for having strong TDD, he just isn't known for being elite on the ground if you can actually get him down there.

Frankie beats all not named Aldo or Henderson

I'm not sure who would win but I definitely would like to find out.

At 145 -50-50

At 155- 75-25 for Conor.
fair analysis

I think If frankie had fought Conor Instead of chad, he might've won.. Conor seemed pretty fucked up for that one, was one of the scariest weight cuts I've ever seen. Hard to say, I think they both posed a similar stylistic threat to Conor..the difference being Frankie was a legit grappler as well and having excellent cardio, Chad being the better wrestler / more power.

But he looked good physically against Aldo, weight cut seemed fine, I'd have went with Conor then.

at 155 Conor's just too big for him.

...I'm not so sure.

I just watched the second fight between Edgar and Maynard, and after seeing the way Maynard rocked him in the first round, I now have less doubt that McGregor could have won. I mean, Frankie survived the onslaught and showed what a chin he had, but if Maynard can do that to him, I'm confident a striker like Conor could as well, and possibly even finish the job.

I still think Edgar is one of the worst stylistic match-ups that Conor could have ever faced, but I'm much more confident now in his chances that he could have prevailed and maybe even stopped Frankie. Is there any chance that we could still see this fight?

Do Conor haters just pretend that Aldo never happened?

Why don't you just consider that Aldo dominated Frankie twice, and even worse the 2nd time than the 1st?

Im too lazy to do a real fight break down right now so all I will say it Conor would find that chin and Frankie would be put down.

Frankie humbles an up-and-coming McGregor much like Diaz 1. Now - Frankie get's out struck - badly - but relies on his gas tank and wrestling to force McGregor to slow down and ends up taking a round or two. In the end, either way finish or UD, I see Conor defeating Frank. A focused Conor that is.

Do Conor haters just pretend that Aldo never happened?

Why don't you just consider that Aldo dominated Frankie twice, and even worse the 2nd time than the 1st?

lol I'm not a Conor hater.

And I don't know what Aldo has to do with any of this unless you're trying to use MMA Math, which only noobs do.

Edgar has been badly rocked plenty of times. It certainly wouldn't be a shock if Conor stopped him, but it wouldn't be a shock if Edgar ragdolled him either.
he probably would ragdoll him a bit. So would Khabib. That said, Conor's wrestling / grappling Is generally a bit underrated.

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll win the fight though. All it takes is one shot. Chad was beating him up too and still ended up getting finished.

Neither of those guys are finishers, therein lies the risk, It gives a lot of time / opportunities for Conor to finish.

Back