I used to rank GSP over Silva, but it’s not logical.

GSP's game was technically overall more sound, consistent and methodical. Silva was less consistent over an entire fight but when he got in the "zone" for me he looked like the most spectacular matrix style aura of sheer invincibility i have never felt from another fighter ever not even close. The problem it wasn't consistent, a lot of times during the fight he looked super boring but when he got in that zone it was like he defied the laws of known physics.

Anderson and Jones will never be inthe Goat discussion again. You cant be a steroid cheat and be a goat. Srry to be the one to tell you

Silva dropped out of the GOAT rankings when he got caught for PEDs. But even without this he was getting beat up left and right.
62.gif

XAXovUa.gif

ImpartialFocusedKoala.gif
He fucked Bisping up. Only Weidman and DC made him look normal.
<DisgustingHHH>

Jon Jones emerged as GOAT in my eyes, but second place was always a question mark. When GSP beat Bisping to win a second belt it made sense to put him at #2 besides Jones, even if GSP did cherrypick and all three guys were out of their primes. However, the correct rankings are

1.Jones
2.Silva

3.fedor
4.gsp

GSP in his prime couldn’t even TKO/SUB the top guys at his own natural weightclass. 1 ‘finish’ vs BJ over 5 years/9 fights. That is not GOAT stuff.

Meanwhile Andy went up from 170 to 185 and finished 11 out 13 UFC opponents before running into Weidman.

Silva>GSP.
Also Anderson was innocent, dick pills confirmed the first time around, and contaminated supplements the second time.
View attachment 409191

Where to even begin with this ? Gsp fought by far the much better competition, his losses were to much better fighters and there was no juice association. Also Andy has been juicing for many many many years it’s a known fact dude

GOAT rankings are fucking stupid. AS/Jones/Fedor/GSP are at the top. Trying to rank them is pointless because everyone has different criteria for "greatness".

AS had exciting finishes, GSP was supremely dominant, Jones brought a new level of technical brilliance and fight IQ to the cage, Fedor was the only one who dominated the HW division. Pick your poison.

AS popped, GSP got KOd by a LW, Jones popped, Fedor fought cans.

They are all greats, after that it's subjective.

What a stupid logic... you're comparing Silva's 8 losses (being finished multiple times) to GSP losing to Serra once and then avenging it? Also saying that basically a fluke loss is equivalent to being caught TWICE for PEDs?

Anyone who pops for roids is deleted from any record for life. Jones and Silva are gone, and even if they hadnt popped, Silva would be miles behind GSP. I don't even understand how this is still a discussion. Silva was flashy and had great finishes... that's about it. 34-8 doesn't cut for being an ''all time great''

So GSP cherrypicks Bisping and that’s bad, but Silva didn’t cherrypick Forrest, a slow lhw that was just perfect for him?

I never questioned this. Don't get me wrong GSP is a great fighter. AS was ktfo'ing guys & GSP was humping guys.

Nope. The only thing that isn't logical is ranking either Jones or Silva over Fedor and GSP the two actual greatest fighters of all time

Doesn’t matter.

All the best of the best.

Depends on what your preferences are.

Nobody has ever revised their opinion as a result of one of these threads.

So GSP cherrypicks Bisping and that’s bad, but Silva didn’t cherrypick Forrest, a slow lhw that was just perfect for him?
Apples & oranges. 1) Forrest was prime 2) non title fight 3) AS did it as a favor to Dana, somebody pulled out.

If there's something no one can say about Fedor, Jones and Anderson is that they stayed at their comfort zone and played safe - and that's exactly what sums up GSP's career. Dude ducked real challenges like Whittaker, prime Spider, Romero and the Hendricks rematch and always fought into boring decisions not taking many risks, he's out the top 3.

1- GSP
2- Fedor

and then it doesn't matter.

Jon Jones could/should have been the GOAT (the strenght of his wins is fucking ridiculous, he fought and beat a bunch of former champions) but he popped. Twice. No cheaters can be called "The Greatest Of All Time", the same way Barry Bond, Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong will never be the GOATs of their own sports. Fuck him.
Same with Anderson Silva. He's a cheater too, and was submitted by a nobody, to boot. And he fought a bunch of cans too. I like me some Patrick Cote, but c'mon man.

GSP is the GOAT because he was fucking invincible, even tho he fought in what was the most stacked division at that time, and Fedor is second because, well, of course Fedor is either #1 or #2. GSP IMHO edges out Fedor because of who both of them fought but it's a matter of preferences.

When Spider was fighting, everyone felt like the world was about to stop so we could witness greatness, so many historical moments, he was the second coming of Ali. GSP was just a dominant, yet mediocre champion.

hqdefault.jpg

Jon Jones emerged as GOAT in my eyes, but second place was always a question mark. When GSP beat Bisping to win a second belt it made sense to put him at #2 besides Jones, even if GSP did cherrypick and all three guys were out of their primes. However, the correct rankings are

1.Jones
2.Silva

3.fedor
4.gsp

GSP in his prime couldn’t even TKO/SUB the top guys at his own natural weightclass. 1 ‘finish’ vs BJ over 5 years/9 fights. That is not GOAT stuff.

Meanwhile Andy went up from 170 to 185 and finished 11 out 13 UFC opponents before running into Weidman.

Silva>GSP.
Also Anderson was innocent, dick pills confirmed the first time around, and contaminated supplements the second time.
View attachment 409191
Chael and Lutter were the only legit wrestlers Silva faced during his prime. Luckily for Silva, they both had garbage sub defense and zero standup, unlike GSP. If GSP was a natural Middleweight instead of a small Welterweight, there would be no Anderson Silva.

Lutter%2001_zpskbyb8hyc.gif
Lutter%2002_zpslopbsoqu.gif
Lutter%2005_zpshi0atkif.gif
Lutter%2006_zpsntgknput.gif

What a stupid logic... you're comparing Silva's 8 losses (being finished multiple times) to GSP losing to Serra once and then avenging it? Also saying that basically a fluke loss is equivalent to being caught TWICE for PEDs?

Anyone who pops for roids is deleted from any record for life. Jones and Silva are gone, and even if they hadnt popped, Silva would be miles behind GSP. I don't even understand how this is still a discussion. Silva was flashy and had great finishes... that's about it. 34-8 doesn't cut for being an ''all time great''
Thats one arguement that is RARELY brought up, JJ and GSP are the ONLY two to defeat EVERY man faced before them, therefore those two should be consensus GREATESToATs/p4p. In a sport like this you cannot be the greatest if someone has a winning record against you, ESPECIALLY in your weight class.

Dont tell me about they got old either, there are to many examples of old men being champion/successful at old age in combat sports.

1- GSP
2- Fedor

and then it doesn't matter.

Jon Jones could/should have been the GOAT (the strenght of his wins is fucking ridiculous, he fought and beat a bunch of former champions) but he popped. Twice. No cheaters can be called "The Greatest Of All Time", the same way Barry Bond, Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong will never be the GOATs of their own sports. Fuck him.
Same with Anderson Silva. He's a cheater too, and was submitted by a nobody, to boot. And he fought a bunch of cans too. I like me some Patrick Cote, but c'mon man.

GSP is the GOAT because he was fucking invincible, even tho he fought in what was the most stacked division at that time, and Fedor is second because, well, of course Fedor is either #1 or #2. GSP IMHO edges out Fedor because of who both of them fought but it's a matter of preferences.
You are right. Cheaters never win. GSP is the GOAT. Fedor and DC are up there too when it comes to winning without doping.

Back