I used to rank GSP over Silva, but it’s not logical.

You are cherry picking one of Anderson’s finishes. 12 of his 13 finishes outweighs any GSP decision.
I know you want to win this argument badly. So badly, that you’ve missed the point.

I asserted the opinion that because you finished an opponent, that does not necessarily mean you were more dominant than a fighter who won via decision.

Take Silva out of the equation. Sakuraba best Smirnovas by submission. Would you rather be Sakuraba after that finish, or Fedor after “only” winning a decision over Nogueira in their first fight?

Fedor gave a much better performance against Nogueira than did Sakuraba against Smirnovas. But, because Sakuraba finished his opponent, you would theoretically weight that win more heavily than Fedor’s.

Silva’s resume isn’t filled with poor performances and last minute submissions. I would be naive to think that. But, I didn’t say that it was. And I didn’t even claim that GSP had a more impressive resume.

I know you want to win this argument badly. So badly, that you’ve missed the point.

I asserted the opinion that because you finished an opponent, that does not necessarily mean you were more dominant than a fighter who won via decision.

Take Silva out of the equation. Sakuraba best Smirnovas by submission. Would you rather be Sakuraba after that finish, or Fedor after “only” winning a decision over Nogueira in their first fight?

Fedor gave a much better performance against Nogueira than did Sakuraba against Smirnovas. But, because Sakuraba finished his opponent, you would theoretically weight that win more heavily than Fedor’s.

Silva’s resume isn’t filled with poor performances and last minute submissions. I would be naive to think that. But, I didn’t say that it was. And I didn’t even claim that GSP had a more impressive resume.
Finishes > Decisions

There is no debate.

It’s as simple as that.

He fucked Bisping up. Only Weidman and DC made him look normal.
<DisgustingHHH>

Even Weidman in the first fight he hits at will and landed almost everything he threw. The problem with that reflex based goating style where you tease opponents to try and hit you so you can counter is either you take it to far and end up putting yourself in a vulnerable position or father time catches up too you and you are just that split second slower reacting and in this game that's all it takes and the way it ended for Silva is the same way it ended for everyone else that has used it including the legendary Roy Jones JR.

Is normal.

Silva never lost in his prime.

GSP tapped to strikes to a LW in his prime.

It’s no coincidence that no other GOAT candidate has tapped to strikes, only GSP.

LOL. He got smoked in his prime 2x by Weidman. Who then went on to become a mediocre MW.

And don't even try to start with some bullshit about him suddenly being out of his prime after he beat Bonnar. For sure you had him beating Weidman, until he got KTFO and I'm sure you picked him to win the 2nd time around as well. How'd that work out for you? Weidman beat the prime right out of him.

Also, popped for roids 2x.

LOL. He got smoked in his prime 2x by Weidman. Who then went on to become a mediocre MW.

And don't even try to start with some bullshit about him suddenly being out of his prime after he beat Bonnar. For sure you had him beating Weidman, until he got KTFO and I'm sure you picked him to win the 2nd time around as well. How'd that work out for you? Weidman beat the prime right out of him.

Get your facts straight before bashing the GOAT.

Anderson > GSP as confirmed by their peers.

And it wasn’t close.

Jones shouldn't be in a GOAT conversation.....period.
Jones would have fit well in Pride when there were no PED rules.

Got to love all these Silva Fan Boys posting like they all got some of those Dick Pills themselves.

In the last 5 years he has 4 loses (Bisping beat him, he did, was close and slightly debatable but hardly a robbery) 1 win and 1 NC. Even if you believe his BS stories he was still in the wrong twice and is still currently suspended despite Sherdog posters belief he is not.

Silva was 38 or 39 years old when he faced Weidman, that's certainly not his prime.

Also everyone loses, this is MMA. A loss doesn't discredit his wins, at all. Or do Fedor's losses nullify his accomplishments?

Loss doesn’t discredit his wins at all repeated steroid used throughout the years does

Silva was 38 or 39 years old when he faced Weidman, that's certainly not his prime.

Also everyone loses, this is MMA. A loss doesn't discredit his wins, at all. Or do Fedor's losses nullify his accomplishments?

He just magically fell out of this prime sometime between the Bonnar fight, and his first fight with Weidman. Cool story.

Or maybe, just maybe, the MW division was a piece of shit when he ruled it. Full of cans, bulked up WW and 1 dimensional fighters. And when a decently well rounded fighter finally came along (Weidman), Anderson was exposed for the can crusher he really was.

Beating mediocre competition in spectacular fashion, isn't impressive. But the drooling sherdog masses sure like to make it out to be.

I think your rankings are fine but GSPs win over Bisping means absolutely nothing towards his legacy. It was a step down in competition for him and the easiest fight he had in a long time

Yeah, Cote. Lutter. Leites. Irving. Maia.

Oh, wait.........

He just magically fell out of this prime sometime between the Bonnar fight, and his first fight with Weidman. Cool story.

Or maybe, just maybe, the MW division was a piece of shit when he ruled it. Full of cans, bulked up WW and 1 dimensional fighters. And when a decently well rounded fighter finally came along (Weidman), Anderson was exposed for the can crusher he really was.

Beating mediocre competition in spectacular fashion, isn't impressive. But the drooling sherdog masses sure like to make it out to be.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/#post-139555015

idjut.gif

In his prime...@ 38 yrs old?

usehead 2.gif

Back