I used to love watching popcorn movie. Now I don't watch them at all.

YellowBanenoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
13b.png

Although they were fun at first, I've now grown tired of these movies, which is weird because I used to love blockbuster movies regardless of how shitty they were. Avatar is still one of the all time greats in my list and I also remember enjoying Transformer 1 and 2.

Hero movies has been boring ever since avengers 2. Monster movies are in a state of dogshit. Starwars is pretty much dead to me since Last jedi.

What is happening to me? Have I gotten too old?

I'm no doctor, but it sounds like brain aids.

I'm no doctor, but it sounds like brain aids.

TS contracted brain aids in a similar fashion to how regular aids started.

Regular aids started because someone fucked a monkey. TS got brain aids by watching (and enjoying) Transformers 1 and 2

There was a point in the 70s where everyone got fed up of cowboy movies. We'll reach the same for superhero films eventually.

There was a point in the 70s where everyone got fed up of cowboy movies. We'll reach the same for superhero films eventually.

I would say if people tire of anything its perhaps going to be that kind of knowing meta "look I'm not a geek honest!" style, I mean I think Marvel generally do it pretty well but alots of other films far less so.

Same here. I can't remember the last movie I actually really enjoyed. Not sure if it's me or just that everything is superhero crap nowadays

you think Avatar is an all time great and enjoyed transformers 2.

your movie opinions are invalid.

but at least you didn't put "discuss" in your OP, so i'll say something nice.

when something is flooding the market, consumer fatigue is pretty normal.

I like comedies personally . Usually only 90 minutes and can watch them multiple times.

Same here. I can't remember the last movie I actually really enjoyed. Not sure if it's me or just that everything is superhero crap nowadays

Well said. It’s the same movie over and over again and yet you have people rushing to them like a cult. I remember back in the day you would get one or two superhero movies every so many years and it was fine. Nowadays? You got 5-7 a year. Knock it off!

Superhero fatigue for me. I got it. I dont watch em and it's all gravy. Watched 3 billboards outside something missouri the other day and it was great. Just watch other shit your interested in there's still good movies out there. There's even more good shows out there too.

I would say the only "popcorn movies" I've really enjoyed has been the John Wick series

They're still better than chick flicks, which flooded the market between 2003-2013
Whatcha gonna do now?
Go back to watching Rom-Coms?

I have a huge issue trying to turn my brain off and enjoy something dumb. I finally got around to watching all of the MCU movies and enjoyed most of them. I think if I didn't grow up with comics though I would have hated them.

There are just too many actual good movies, music to listen to, games to play, etc. to waste time on popcorn flicks.

Popcorn movies have been left to cook too long and now all you have is a steaming pile of burnt popcorn that smells up your house.
I'm sure you can go back and watch popcorn movies from the past.

Anyone else hate the term 'popcorn movies'? Who's going to tell me when it's proper to eat popcorn?

@YellowBanenoo

Nah, it's just that modern movies have gotten shittier and shittier. If you want to watch good popcorn movies again, start with the 80s and 90s and go from there. But after about 2012, that's where things have really gone to shit.

Back