I took a highway entrance turn and almost spun out..(Mechanic brahs gtfih)

Very hard to deduce with your info(lack of it)..

The wheel hub of a car is pretty simple, but a lot variables play into it.

Screeching could be a million things... more info.

I’m no car expert but it sounds like your ball bearings are fucked.
Bearing failure is noticeably harsh...he wouldn’t be able to even drive it.

Cracked ball joint, maybe a bad shock that’s stuck

When you noticed the screeching at first with wide turns did it happen turning both directions or just one?

Sounds horrifying to be honest. You could take it to a second mechanic and have it re-evaluated and let them know the exact symptoms you've experienced.

Now whether or not to tell the second mechanic why you're gathering that information? I'm not sure.

That's what I ended up doing. Took it to another tire/alignment shop first and they told me the car was not aligned.

Out of alignment

Correct.

It could be that they didn't get it aligned correctly, something came loose or there is other damage that they didn't see. I've heard of control arms being replaced and the bolt falling out.

This was the issue.

Even if both front and rear were out of alignment, it wouldn’t cause much more than a vibration and bad tire wear. It certainly wouldn’t cause your tires to “lock up”. Are you sure they really locked up, or did they just break traction? Bad rear suspension can cause the rear wheels to leave the road, and if it happens while on a curve going fast it can cause that back end to swing around. Have it checked out.

It actually was the alignment and loss of traction. I thought the wheel had locked up but that's what it felt like in the moment. Guy at another shop told me if that the wheels were out of alignment and pointed "toe in". There for when I took a turn the tires couldn't catch traction resulting in a spin out.

Spun out on off ramp before. It was raining and oil was on the road surface.

What were weather conditions like? And how aggressive do you drive?

Bright and sunny. Turns out that the shop charged me for alignment and didn't do it. Could have gotten me killed lol.

Sounds like you need a tech to out it on the lift and test drive it.
Cheap can be very expensive.
A competent tech should be able to figure the why of the issue.
The rightful person taking ownership,well, that will show true character

Went to another shop and the guy test drove it and told me it was alignment.

Came to give you an answer but am now backing out because of that avatar.

A tribute to one of the great street fighters of our time.

Did you get it aligned. If not you need to or you'll chew thru your tires in a few months and then you'll be looking at another 500 to 1000 bucks

The shop charged me for alignment and turns out they didn't do it. I went to another alignment shop first and they could tell upon first glance that my tires weren't wearing right.

and then?

I dieded.

When you noticed the screeching at first with wide turns did it happen turning both directions or just one?

Just on a right turn.

Lastly, as I said, I completely empathize with Kimmel's personal plight and struggle with his daughter however this is not the only example of him using his status to promote an agenda. He does it every night he's on television.

People on mass media have an agenda? That's news to me.

I have no idea what this means.

What was it?

Just kidding I didn't died. It was the alignment. The original shop didn't do the alignment. But charged me for it on the invoice. I knew something felt off when I was driving, but my car wouldn't veer off severely when I let go of the wheel, so I thought it was done and okay. Could have easily gotten me into a huge wreck or killed.

Glad you got it sorted TS. Don't die because of bad service.

I’m wondering just how far out of alignment it was to cause that sort of issue? I’ve driven vehicles so far out they ate tires, but never heard of alignment so bad it caused an accident. It would have had to have been pulling you one way or another so bad it was hard to drive. Glad you got it fixed, hopefully thats all it was.

I’m wondering just how far out of alignment it was to cause that sort of issue? I’ve driven vehicles so far out they ate tires, but never heard of alignment so bad it caused an accident. It would have had to have been pulling you one way or another so bad it was hard to drive. Glad you got it fixed, hopefully thats all it was.

Like I said, it was after a crash, so maybe that put it really out of whack. I can post the diagnostic sheet they give you later. I'm not sure how to decipher it but it looks like it was pretty off.

A couple pics of your car would help?

Did you file a complaint against the first shop?

Back