I thought Zombie and Yair were 2-2 before the final round

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion, and from what i saw at the moment, i thought Yair got the first two rounds. Zombie was pressing more, and i guess he brought more volume punches, but he got countered a lot when kicking, and took quite a lot of painful kicks. In my opinion Yair was more effective and dangerous.

The third and fourth rounds were Zombie's, especially the fourth. Beginning of the third, Yair started to blast him with various kicks, but then showed signs of fatigue. Ironically, up until round 3, Zombie seemed to be the less fresh of the two, but hey, his nickname comes from his hability to chase you no matter what.

We all know what happened in round 5, but i don't know how people say that it was all Zombie's before the KO ?

Lol we didn't watch the same fight it seems. Zombie would have won the decision clearly.

Yair was in danger of getting knocked out several times. He hasn't really landed anything significant on Zombie until the KO.

They were but with this anti Mexican agenda going on right now they were trying to screw Yair over.

Thankfully he ended it With the greatest KO ever.

Just my personal opinion, and from what i saw at the moment, i thought Yair got the first two rounds. Zombie was pressing more, and i guess he brought more volume punches, but he got countered a lot when kicking, and took quite a lot of painful kicks. In my opinion Yair was more effective and dangerous.

The third and fourth rounds were Zombie's, especially the fourth. Beginning of the third, Yair started to blast him with various kicks, but then showed signs of fatigue. Ironically, up until round 3, Zombie seemed to be the less fresh of the two, but hey, his nickname comes from his hability to chase you no matter what.

We all know what happened in round 5, but i don't know how people say that it was all Zombie's before the KO ?
momentum was his through the second half of the fight up until the knockout and all three judges((far as I know)) had Zombie winning

Lol we didn't watch the same fight it seems. Zombie would have won the decision clearly.

Yair was in danger of getting knocked out several times. He hasn't really landed anything significant on Zombie until the KO.
This

I had Zombie winning every round but there was a close one (round 2 or 3 can't remember)

You’re correct. Yair doesn’t have the best body language when hit, but if he was in danger as often as people here (the first response) he would have been out.

Yair is one of the most overrated fighters in ufc roster. I can see why the ufc wants him to rise. Hes young, flashy kicks, semi good looking, and he seems to communicate well with the hispanic crowd. With that being said I dont believe he can beat any of the top 5 in his division. I would say run it back with edgar but i dont think he deserves that fight again just yet.

It was 2-2 or 3-1 Zombie and he clearly took the 5th

It's big of you to admit that you don't know how to score fights.

Zombie was winning 5th though, so it still would have been 3-2 Zombie.

It was a terrific competitive bout though.

Zombie was winning 5th though, so it still would have been 3-2 Zombie.

It was a terrific competitive bout though.

I think the point is that Yair should have (arguably) won rounds 1,2 and he obviously won 5 when he knocked him out... yet we a dozen threads insinuating Zombie had dominated the rounds to somehow take away Yairs accomplishment which just isn’t true as it can be argued that he in fact should have won the minority of the rounds anyway. I’ve even seen comments saying Yair only won round 3.

Yair was having success with his jab but kz landed the harder shots. Kz clearly winning until he lost

I think Zombie may have edged it, but it's completely irrelevant as he got knocked the fuck out and lost.

I also saw it like that, here in sherdog, 2 judges had it scored that way.

Zombie punched Yair a lot in the 4th round but he was never in danger to get KO

Back