I think now is the time for Ngannou to pursue his boxing dream

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He had a great run in the UFC, but he had a couple of his weaknesses exposed by Stipe and we know what a shark tank the UFC is - one you show any weakness, suddenly everyone is going to pick up on it and exploit it. Ngannou can surely beat a lot of HWs, but we're just going to see guys shooting and wrestling him all the time now that they know it's a huge :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in his armour.

I think a guy like Ngannou is better suited for boxing where he won't have to wrestle and fight off the bottom, and can let his power punches fly. Boxing would love another KO artist like him.

There have actually been several guys who have jumped from MMA to pro boxing and done very well. Lucas Browne and Matt Skelton went on to earn more money than they ever would have in MMA.

Ngannou is 31 (allegedly), sure he can get with a new camp and work on his wrestling, but is he really going to bring it up to speed to defend against a guy like Cain?

I'd rather see him knocking heads off in boxing, like he originally wanted.

i believe even an absolute can would destroy ngannou in boxing. he is just a puncher.

There are guys in boxing that match him in size and power but are much better boxers.

Physicality alone does not get you you as far in boxing as it still does in MMA.

He can still be a top 10 HW easily and could eventually be champ since all it takes is one punch, especially from him.

His technique wouldn't be far worse than Deontay Wilders to be fair. Power alone pretty much got Wilder to the number 2 spot in the world sooo...

His technique wouldn't be far worse than Deontay Wilders to be fair. Power alone pretty much got Wilder to the number 2 spot in the world sooo...

Wilder technique > Ngannous and im one of the biggest wilder haters. I hope joshua destroys him. Ngannou is still a puncher ... after all these years.

I want to see black beast vs. Ngannou before Francis goes anywhere else.

Ngannou has more chances to develop a good grappling defense than be even remotely successful in boxing.

he doesn't have nearly the cardio to go 8 rounds, let alone 10 rounds. ref would be stopping the fight as soon as he starts gasping for air

the time is now

I always think of John Cena when I see that lol

giphy.gif

Ts is needs to take all these dumbass boxing threads to the boxing forumgiphy-30.gif

Every ufc fighter with a decent ko record would be a hit in boxing according to sherdog, its nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back