I think Michael Bisping is just an average but persistent (and lucky) fighter who became champ

His only good win on the road to the title was the actualy title fight. He exploited Rockhold's weakness, gave it all and went in for the kill (like he actually never does). Maybe that was not luck but he was surely lucky to get the bloody fight, with Weidman pulling out
He was almost KOd in both his fights against Hendo and Silva, two fighters way past their primes. Now he's bragging in UFC prefight videos about those fights...come on mate!
Won a very very close fight against Leites, a split decision which many gave to the Brazilian, claiming that the only reason why the Count won was cause the fight took place in British soil.
Won another close one vs Dollaway and before that was easily dispatched by Rockhold.

Now, does he deserve it? Yes he probably does because of how he kept coming, fight after fight, always wanting and waiting that titleshot.
Does he still deserve it? In my opinion he doesn't. He defended against a bloody 46 yo believing it would have been an easy vendetta and he got his shit kicked in. Now he's fighting a fella who's been out for ages, smaller...just for the sake of money and hig big name.

I like the guy actually, but I don't fancy the way he's carrying himself as a champ and I don't think he's the rightful champ
Kinda like Conor

He said himself at the post fight presser after the Rockhold fight (I believe it was): "Listen, I'm an average guy ...!" So it's not that he doesn't know.
Average guy yes, He will never say he's an average fighter though.

I seem to remember almost everyone saying that Rockhold was going to kill Bisping in the title fight. We see how that turned out. You never know until the fight actually happens. That's why they fight instead of awarding a win based on odds and predictions.
if they fight 100 times Rockhold wins 96 of them.

Unless you can beat him shut the fuck up

Would make for a shit MMA forum if we could only talk about fighters we could beat up. I mean, there's only so many times I can talk about CM Punk.

Last edited:
Would make for a shit MMA forum if we could only talk about fighters we could beat up. I men, there's only so many times I can talk about CM Punk.

CM Punk has been seriously training with a legit team for around 3 years now. He'd prolly fuck you up.

Bisping is definitely not an average fighter (by UFC standards). It looks like the UFC has 68 fighters at 185 at the moment.

Would you really rank him in the 30-40 range? Hopefully not.

Bisping has been a "merely good", B/B+ level fighter. He took a big swing at his one big chance and made the most of it, so fair play to him. He has done serious work in the UFC and I'm happy for him.

Last edited:
CM Punk has been seriously training with a legit team for around 3 years now. He'd prolly fuck you up.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

LOL at the Bisping hate.. how does a average fighter become Champ?

If Bisping is an average fighter.. only fuck knows what the rest of us pathetic peasant are.. we must be lice..

As for Bisping, he's been a perennial top 10 fighter in his division for the last decade. That is faaaaaaaaaar from average. Average fighters don't even make it to the UFC. Bisping has beaten UFC, PRIDE and Strikeforce champions, has more wins in the UFC than any other fighter in history, and is the reigning world champion.

Average... Sherdog gonna Sherdog I guess.

Bisping is 6-15 fighter that got a couple breaks on his road to the title. His only top 5 wins were Anderson (coming off a year suspension) and Rockhold. He will have two title defences without facing a top 10 MW which is absurd.

People say he had the best career of any tufer but id strongly disagree and say Rashad was top 5 for about 5 years and in 2009/10 if he got to defend against Houston Alexander and Rich Franklin he would have multiple successful defenses.

Bisping got lucky in that he would have been 4th in line for a title shot but things broke his way and he fought on short notice and won.

Bisping gets slated for 'barely beating past prime Anderson' but this fight was actually a great performance by Bisping. He was outstriking Anderson, dropped him and completely dominated until he took the knee when he wasn't looking. Then he came back and won the 4th round after almost being KO'd. That fight alone showed his skill and toughness. He didn't look so good against Hendo but it could've been the fear of being KO'd again which would've basically ruined his legacy. He's got the skills but I think it's a mental problem with Bisping as to why he's so inconsistent (he's mentioned this before in interviews and said he had to go to a sports psychologist).

But can't you agree with the sentiment and judgement that it is kind of unfair and ridiculous for the fans of the sport and elite fighters of UFC MW that a journeyman like Bisping is the MW champ?

It's unfair that he KOd the reigning champion and at the time P4P #3 and became a champion himself? No, I don't think anyone with a working brain would agree.

I love the way Bisping is carrying himself as champ. He knows what position he's in and even confronted GSP about it yet gives 0 fucks. Really getting excited for this fight. With that said, it's completely unfair to Hendo and Spider for the UFC to imply Bisping 'finished' them when in fact he didn't. That shit will only make people lose respect for Bisping and likely hurt ticket sales ya morons.
Good post

He ducked Yoel.....and old man Hendo nearly killed him.

Yoel would destroy him...Anybody who thinks bisping is the best MW, is an idiot.

I love how Bisping showed how many phonies sherdog has...Before the rockhold fight, everybody was like "bisping sucks, he is getting destroyed"....Now everybody loves him and say he is the MW GOAT LMFAO.

BTW I rooted for bisping to beat rockhold....but he is still a mediocre fighter, he has never been the best MW.

Who is saying he's the goat?

I love how everybody thinks sherdog is one opinion. Read 10 idiots or trolls' stupid opinion on something that counters the dominant opinion and it's like you've discovered some massive conspiracy of contradiction.

- no, there are just idiots who post here. We all know this. All of sherdog didn't just suddenly reverse it's opinion.

His only good win on the road to the title was the actualy title fight. He exploited Rockhold's weakness, gave it all and went in for the kill (like he actually never does). Maybe that was not luck but he was surely lucky to get the bloody fight, with Weidman pulling out
He was almost KOd in both his fights against Hendo and Silva, two fighters way past their primes. Now he's bragging in UFC prefight videos about those fights...come on mate!
Won a very very close fight against Leites, a split decision which many gave to the Brazilian, claiming that the only reason why the Count won was cause the fight took place in British soil.
Won another close one vs Dollaway and before that was easily dispatched by Rockhold.

Now, does he deserve it? Yes he probably does because of how he kept coming, fight after fight, always wanting and waiting that titleshot.
Does he still deserve it? In my opinion he doesn't. He defended against a bloody 46 yo believing it would have been an easy vendetta and he got his shit kicked in. Now he's fighting a fella who's been out for ages, smaller...just for the sake of money and hig big name.

I like the guy actually, but I don't fancy the way he's carrying himself as a champ and I don't think he's the rightful champ

Yeah, man. You and all people who watch him fight since he began fighting.

Back