I think Michael Bisping is just an average but persistent (and lucky) fighter who became champ

He is good everywhere (not average) but not really spectacular in one area.. From what I remember Bisping had 3 times he was close to a title shot

Vs Henderson/Belfort and Sonnen.. Most people had him beating Sonnen bit that's beside the point all 3 we're on PEDS around the time Mike faced them. Then look at some of his other losses Silva (def user) and Kennedy (suspect as hell body)..

I would say the guy if anything is UNlucky

he ducked actual contenders in favor of easier money fights. He beat Rockhold because Rockhold didn't take the fight seriously. Now he's fighting a guy who should be a LW.

Agree, specially in the lucky part, he doesn't excel particularly at anything other than cardio.

He knows he is not championship caliber fighter, that is why he is begging for fights like Hendo, Nick or GSP, he is just trying to milk his Serra moment as much as he can

I agree with TS completely apart from I never liked him. The first time I saw him speak was the post fight presser after the Matt Hamill fight; a fight I thought he lost and at best shaved. He talked like he decimated Hammill and that has been a blue print for the rest of his career....average performances and talking like he's the best. He lucked out against Rockhold, a guy he'd lose to 9 times out of 10. And worst of all, his 17 months of ducking forced Mousasi to seek fights elsewhere. That was truly sad. Bisping has rarely been and probably still isn't top 10 at MW.

He ducked Yoel.....and old man Hendo nearly killed him.

Yoel would destroy him...Anybody who thinks bisping is the best MW, is an idiot.

I love how Bisping showed how many phonies sherdog has...Before the rockhold fight, everybody was like "bisping sucks, he is getting destroyed"....Now everybody loves him and say he is the MW GOAT LMFAO.

BTW I rooted for bisping to beat rockhold....but he is still a mediocre fighter, he has never been the best MW.
Yeah, well, Bisping is champ and Yoel is about to be cut from the UFC. I got double yellows for pointing out the race disparity.

Yeah, well, Bisping is champ and Yoel is about to be cut from the UFC. I got double yellows for pointing out the race disparity.
Race?

Yoel won't be cut....Being Champ doesn't mean you're the best btw.....Bisping would get destroyed by a bunch of middleweights.

I view Bisping as quite similar to Forrest, not exactly in style and clearly he's tougher mentally but neither is I think close to the best fighter in the division but was always strongly favoured by the UFC and given a lot of chances for success before one finally stuck. Both are also pretty consistant in terms of their performances, can't really think of a fight where Bisping badly underperformed and for Forrest only Anderson comes to mind, that ment that when they had there chances they took them.

USADA is the reason Bisping is champ

So, that would mean drugs (and other fighters taking them) were the reason he wasn't champ earlier?

fuckyou.gif

Race?

Yoel won't be cut....Being Champ doesn't mean you're the best btw.....Bisping would get destroyed by a bunch of middleweights.
Dude imagine if Yoel were a jacked up white guy. We all know he'd have gotten a title shot. Same with Jacare. But they're both black and foreign, and the UFC can't have that.

And I'm a racist white guy saying that.

He's a top 10 fighter who managed to put it all together in the most important fight of his life. I don't think he's top 5 in his division in ability terms, but you have to respect heart and perseverance.

Dude imagine if Yoel were a jacked up white guy. We all know he'd have gotten a title shot. Same with Jacare. But they're both black and foreign, and the UFC can't have that.

And I'm a racist white guy saying that.
Yeah Of course the UFC pushes white people...Just look how badly the pushed Sage and PVZ...You got dubs for that?.....Sherdog modding is a joke, the War Room is full of racism against minorities but this isn't allowed? lol.

First of all Bisping has only 1 eye left and is undefeated in USADA era, undefeated at lhw and undefeated against non roiders.

Rockhold I: Headbutt
Tim Kennedy: Roider
Belfort: TRT
Sonnen: TRT and close fight
Wanderlei: Roider
Henderson: TRT
Anderson: Roider
Bisping won 4 rounds and fought 2 rounds concussed. Herb Dean fucked up and Anderson cheap shotted. Bisping hurt Anderson 3 times.

Post USADA Romero and Whittaket would kill Bisping, so would a non nonchalant Rockhold do

I seem to remember almost everyone saying that Rockhold was going to kill Bisping in the title fight. We see how that turned out. You never know until the fight actually happens. That's why they fight instead of awarding a win based on odds and predictions.

K
His only good win on the road to the title was the actualy title fight. He exploited Rockhold's weakness, gave it all and went in for the kill (like he actually never does). Maybe that was not luck but he was surely lucky to get the bloody fight, with Weidman pulling out
He was almost KOd in both his fights against Hendo and Silva, two fighters way past their primes. Now he's bragging in UFC prefight videos about those fights...come on mate!
Won a very very close fight against Leites, a split decision which many gave to the Brazilian, claiming that the only reason why the Count won was cause the fight took place in British soil.
Won another close one vs Dollaway and before that was easily dispatched by Rockhold.

Now, does he deserve it? Yes he probably does because of how he kept coming, fight after fight, always wanting and waiting that titleshot.
Does he still deserve it? In my opinion he doesn't. He defended against a bloody 46 yo believing it would have been an easy vendetta and he got his shit kicked in. Now he's fighting a fella who's been out for ages, smaller...just for the sake of money and hig big name.

I like the guy actually, but I don't fancy the way he's carrying himself as a champ and I don't think he's the rightful champ
Kind of like Weidman. Good fortune and right place at the right time.
Bisping is champ cause of usada.

Average fighters are Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch, Costa Philipou, Patrick Cote, James Irvin, Dan Hardy, Matt Serra, etc.

Bisping is far from average. Rich Franklin is more average, considering Bisping had twice as much longevity during an era of much tougher competition.

Donald Cerrone and Carlos Condit are average fighters. At least Bisping was able to win the fights that mattered and become a champion.

Back