I think Michael Bisping is just an average but persistent (and lucky) fighter who became champ

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His only good win on the road to the title was the actualy title fight. He exploited Rockhold's weakness, gave it all and went in for the kill (like he actually never does). Maybe that was not luck but he was surely lucky to get the bloody fight, with Weidman pulling out
He was almost KOd in both his fights against Hendo and Silva, two fighters way past their primes. Now he's bragging in UFC prefight videos about those fights...come on mate!
Won a very very close fight against Leites, a split decision which many gave to the Brazilian, claiming that the only reason why the Count won was cause the fight took place in British soil.
Won another close one vs Dollaway and before that was easily dispatched by Rockhold.

Now, does he deserve it? Yes he probably does because of how he kept coming, fight after fight, always wanting and waiting that titleshot.
Does he still deserve it? In my opinion he doesn't. He defended against a bloody 46 yo believing it would have been an easy vendetta and he got his shit kicked in. Now he's fighting a fella who's been out for ages, smaller...just for the sake of money and hig big name.

I like the guy actually, but I don't fancy the way he's carrying himself as a champ and I don't think he's the rightful champ

USADA is the reason Bisping is champ

He gained the championship by being ready to scrap at all times, toughness and determination.

That was always his game, so in that sense he wasn't 'lucky' he just never stopped trying.

But yeah, he was always fringe top 10 guy.

And it's sad to watch his 'anyone' shtick disappear, displaced by 'money fights' but this seems to be the trend now.

Your dream world and the real world are just two very different things and no Bisping is one relentless tough fighter with tons of heart skill and cardio...

It is through persistence weak fighters can become strong, strong fighters can become champions and champions can become legends.

Basically right place right time he had always lost the chance to fight for the belt in the past.

He said himself at the post fight presser after the Rockhold fight (I believe it was): "Listen, I'm an average guy ...!" So it's not that he doesn't know.

I disliked Bisping for most of his career, but his persistence and hard work eventually made me a fan.

That said, I do wish he'd focus on contenders rather than money fights. But at the same time, I get why he's going for the money. At this stage of his career, he wants to make it while he can.

Basically right place right time he had always lost the chance to fight for the belt in the past.

Well, it's not that he didn't come close vs Chael (quite a few people thought he won that).

Matt Hamill deserves a mention here.

he's one of the toughest and hardest working people on the planet and it paid off

He said himself at the post fight presser after the Rockhold fight (I believe it was): "Listen, I'm an average guy ...!" So it's not that he doesn't know.

meh, he said in a recent interview he was unbeaten at LHW and that he finished henderson.

bisping's word has no value

meh, he said in a recent interview he was unbeaten at LHW and that he finished henderson.

Haven't listened to it, but I have seen it posted here. My immediate reaction was that he's trying to pull a Chael and say ridiculous stuff that everyone knows isn't true.

Basically he is tough as hell and has a ton of heart, never lost faith in his abilities despite losing over and over again then the stars aligned for him and he ended up winning the belt. I don't think he would ever come close to the belt if he had to fight Mousasi like normally scheduled.

He also said GSP is a better athlete and martial artist, but he is a better fighter.

I love the way Bisping is carrying himself as champ. He knows what position he's in and even confronted GSP about it yet gives 0 fucks. Really getting excited for this fight. With that said, it's completely unfair to Hendo and Spider for the UFC to imply Bisping 'finished' them when in fact he didn't. That shit will only make people lose respect for Bisping and likely hurt ticket sales ya morons.

He ducked Yoel.....and old man Hendo nearly killed him.

Yoel would destroy him...Anybody who thinks bisping is the best MW, is an idiot.

I love how Bisping showed how many phonies sherdog has...Before the rockhold fight, everybody was like "bisping sucks, he is getting destroyed"....Now everybody loves him and say he is the MW GOAT LMFAO.

BTW I rooted for bisping to beat rockhold....but he is still a mediocre fighter, he has never been the best MW.

Back