I think Khabib would shock everyone and destroy Tony Ferguson with ease

We actually do. Khabib has NEVER been in any sort of danger on the ground even during his NAGA world championship run back in 2012, even though his arsenal was significantly limited in this competition (no access to GnP).

NAGA is not a serious, world level competition. It's not even worth discussing, my dentist has multiple regional NAGA belts.

You have the Pan-Ams, Mundials and ADCC. That is where you find elite submission grappling. Occasionally, elite grapplers pass through NAGA but it doesn't mean much in general.

In any event, Khabib is without doubt one of the best MMA adapted wrestlers in the sport right now, and his guard looked pretty solid against Trujillo.

NAGA is not a serious, world level competition. It's not even worth discussing, my dentist has multiple regional NAGA belts.

You have the Pan-Ams, Mundials and ADCC. That is where you find elite submission grappling. Occasionally, elite grapplers pass through NAGA but it doesn't mean much in general.

In any event, Khabib is without doubt one of the best MMA adapted wrestlers in the sport right now, and his guard looked pretty solid against Trujillo.
NAGA is a world level competition whether you like it or not. You don't get to twist the meaning of terms simply because they don't fit your agenda.

NAGA is a world level competition whether you like it or not. You don't get to twist the meaning of terms simply because they don't fit your agenda.

It unequivocally, categorically it is not world level competition.

Go look at Khabib's bracket and the other winners, and note they are guys you never have and never will hear of.

I support NAGA and its an important organization. It is not, by any stretch of the word, the worlds best grappling.

Naga is a northeast grappling circuit. Khabib probably did that tournament when he was sent to that Russian gym in Jersey. I don't see Naga as much as I see grappling industries nowadays. There isn't any money in it to attract the major competitors. On a side note,Tony has to keep Khabib in the guard or he is screwed.

No one in UFC would beat Tony with "ease", Tony is as tough as they come and super skilled. Even higher weightclasses would not beat him with ease. He has no wilt and quit inside him, you would have to knock him out cold.

Go look at Khabib's bracket and the other winners, and note they are guys you never have and never will hear of.

I support NAGA and its an important organization. It is not, by any stretch of the word, the worlds best grappling.
you think tony would have won those Expert division tournaments in that time? he was like a blue belt at that time

I love Tony, and I hope he would win, but I agree it's sided much more towards Khabib. It would definitely end up going to the ground, and with the way Khabib ties up his opponents feet I find it hard to believe Tony would be able to move on the ground and get into rubber guard, which is where I see him winning the fight if he does.

{<jordan}

{<jordan}
{<jordan}
{<jordan}

Early stoppage. Ferguson was dropped worse against gatekeeper Lando.

Ferguson can be touched and hurt. We've seen it too many times. That's why Conor would still open the betting favorite over Tony.I see khabib getting his ticket punched but not by anyone we see in top 10 today.

khabib doesnt finish very many people. Couldnt finish barboza on the ground and allowed mctapper into the 4th yet you think vs tony who has a terriffic ground game, bjj and scrambles with unquestioned cardio and toughness that suddenly khabib will turn into a quick finisher when he hasnt shown that before?

If staph infected Kevin Lee dominated Ferguson on the ground until he gassed, there’s no reason Khabib would have problems getting it on the mat. Khabib is unlikely to gas so much to get subbed

Tony is the most proven light weight fighter in the world right now. Look at the guys he's beaten (and put away) in his 11 fight win streak.

It is absolutely absurd to say anyone, let alone a low % finisher like Khabib, is going to easily put Tony away.

You believe it's absurd to claim that the LW champion could finish the number 1 contender? How do people end up like this? Some insight would be great.

One-sided, sure, but I don't think it would be a quick finish and I'd be a bit surprised if there was a finish at all. Tony can take some pretty serious punishment without going away.

Absolutely wrong. Khabib won the NAGA world championship, it's objectively world level competition. World level competition is not defined as "guys who people have heard of", it's defined as competition that allows athletes from all over the world to participate. It's absolutely irrelevant how you twist the terms, your opinion is not going to change their definition. There's regional, international and world level competition and Khabib is a world level grappler whether you like it or not.

Amazing strawman. Where did I say that a NAGA world championship is equivalent to ADCC championship? The skill of a fighter is defined by the quality of competition he has beat. If we consider strictly BJJ, a competitive BJJ belt who actually participates and wins grappling competitions is better than a guy who has never won anything apart from subbing random bums in his gym, because he is actually competition proven. You saying that a NAGA championship is meaningless implies that any competition below the absolute highest level is meaningless, which is nonsense. There are levels to submission grappling competitions and Khabib has proven himself as a world class grappler even though he did not compete at the absolute highest level, but that's something I've never said or implied.

Funny how Al vs Lee fight changed so many guys opinion here on Tony

Back