I think Khabib is going to beat Barboza, but...

That's literally the one thing that makes Khabib terrifying.

It only takes ONE successfull TD and it's game over.

With that said, Barbosa is someone who can sleep anyone in the division with one shot.

Ready to see this spectacle.

Barboza doesnt have a wrestling background. The strikers with the best TDD in the UFC are guys who have a serious wrestling background... like Whittaker, Woodley.

Barboza is a bigger threat than Ferguson, Khabib is not going to crack his chin and Barboza has great TDD
Michael Johnson also had some of the best TDD before his fight with Khabib. Not comparing both of them, but none have/had faced someone with the range of grappling skills/takedowns that Khabib holds.

It could happen, but luckily Khabib prefers takedowns against the cage, up close and personal.

Nah...Khabib is a different level.

Anything can happen, but Khabib has this one.

He'll get injured or miss weight? Right now the odds are +800 he will and I love Khabib. Most talented man in the division slowly going the way of Cain but not grabbing the gold. I notice a phenomenal fighter when I see one, this man is one of those men. Worst match-up for The Conman in the division. Tony vs Khabib is the real fight.

That's a sic knee in the OP. Lighting quick.

The amount that Khabib gets hit in the head is amazingly low though. RDA & MJ is like 7 times in both fights combined... & RDA spent a lot more time standing with him. Will be interesting seeing if Barboza can pull it off... but I've become pretty impressed with Khabib's standing defense.

That said, one has to wonder if another injury will put him out for a year... so I think it would be better for the division if Barboza does win.

you just throw flying knees while someone holds pads? or throw them on bags?
I know what normal knee drills are. I'm talking about throwing it while almost about to stuff a takedown. That would be hard to find a willing partner to emulate the way he did it in that fight.

That's a sic knee in the OP. Lighting quick.

The amount that Khabib gets hit in the head is amazingly low though. RDA & MJ is like 7 times in both fights combined... & RDA spent a lot more time standing with him. Will be interesting seeing if Barboza can pull it off... but I've become pretty impressed with Khabib's standing defense.

That said, one has to wonder if another injury will put him out for a year... so I think it would be better for the division if Barboza does win.

khabib hasnt a good striking at all, but his striking defense is currently top 10 in the ufc.

1 Gabriel Benitez 73.40
2 Georges St-Pierre 73.10
3 Henry Cejudo 71.80
4 John Makdessi 71.70
5 Myles Jury 71.30
6 Dominick Cruz 70.90
7 Khabib Nurmagomedov 70.70
8 Frankie Edgar 70.50
9 Tecia Torres 70.10
10 Raphael Assuncao 69.60

I know what normal knee drills are. I'm talking about throwing it while almost about to stuff a takedown. That would be hard to find a willing partner to emulate the way he did it in that fight.
just have your pad holders get low and come forward i'd imagine.

khabib hasnt a good striking at all, but his striking defense is currently top 10 in the ufc.

1 Gabriel Benitez 73.40
2 Georges St-Pierre 73.10
3 Henry Cejudo 71.80
4 John Makdessi 71.70
5 Myles Jury 71.30
6 Dominick Cruz 70.90
7 Khabib Nurmagomedov 70.70
8 Frankie Edgar 70.50
9 Tecia Torres 70.10
10 Raphael Assuncao 69.60
I'll bet if they calculated only head strikes, Khabib would have a shot at the top spot.
Very impressive.

... & scary for his opponents. :eek:

He got a solid chin as well.

I never really noticed it till we got to discussing the MJ fight. He only hit Khabib 4 times in the melon that whole fight... & that was all during that 45 second flurry in the 1st. Out of curiosity, I checked out the RDA fight & was once again amazed by his ability to avoid head strikes. They stood a lot in that fight & Khabib only took 3 decent shots to the head.

Barboza is fast & crafty... with good TDD... so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Am i correct in saying this is Co main event? So I would guess it's gonna be a 5 round fight?

Khabib is a fan up up close/clinch TDs. The chances of him shooting in from that far away aren't likely.

i am reading all this stuff about khabib wont let that or this happen or its over after 1 clinch... lol what gives anyone that idea? does khabib even fight anymore? i have seen him fight against low level competition like 3 times in the last two years. granted he looks good laying on cans. so did lesnar. khabib is all hype. i think we should see him fight someone before anyone starts stretching his sack.

Barboza doesnt have a wrestling background. The strikers with the best TDD in the UFC are guys who have a serious wrestling background... like Whittaker, Woodley.

......ok. Not sure why you quoted my post though.

Khabib can KO Barboza as well. He does have an underrated power in his hands, international master of Sambo is no joke

This gif concerns me..

BonyCircularBumblebee.gif

The speed and timing on the knee is scary. Khabib better be careful on his takedown attempts...

Khabib doesnt shoot that way

barboza is a much better version of uriah hall and his style of fighting with this timing and that flashy stuff. when he catches u with this spinning stuff in the right timing it can be over but ... they mostly only depends on this. when they cant do that it can almost ends like mousasi vs uriah hall 2.

mousasi - hall 1

9zw1Og.gif

mousasi - hall 2

InfantileSnoopyArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

I think you don’t know wtf you’re talking about . Edson isn’t dependent at all on flashy stuff to get wins

Khabib will just get him up against the cage, and trip him.

He has to catch him first Barboza is a springy dude he's like a slippery rabbit but yea there is just too much space for Barboza too slip up and make an error once he gets taken down and held down he's not going to be as athletic when he gets up. All Khabib has to do is worry about getting countered by some crazy kick or knee if he plays it smart fights from the outside and doesn't leave his leg out there for Barboza to kick at will Barboza will make a mistake since he doesn't fight well coming forward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back