I think it's Time for an Interim HW belt.

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Doesn't look like Stipe Will be defending His belt anytime soon.

Interim or Strip him

Discuss

Doesn't look like Stipe Will be defending His belt anytime soon.

Interim or Strip him

Discuss

You provided so much information so this discussion should be excellent.

How long is Stipe out for? Is he injured? What's the traditional length that heavyweight champs take between fights? What's the history of interim belts at heavyweight? Who are the two people that would fight for such an interim belt?

There's no clear contender at HW right now, so I think he can afford to. He should probably fight the winner of Overeem v Ngannou.

I would be pissed if i was Stipe too. The baddest dude on the planet who is champ has been getting paid less than his opponents.

who would fight for the belt? volkov vs lewis? <36>

Lol what? Is Stipe injured? Is he off getting his ass kicked in another sport? Has he turned down a fight that the UFC tried to book him? The answer to all of those is no. There isn't even a clear #1 for Stipe to fight right now. It will be decided by Ngannou vs Overeem. The situation in the HW division is much different than the other dvisions. Who would be your idea to fight for this interim title? Lol please enlighten us.

Yeah, I mean it's been a whole five months since the dude fought. Not to mention the three times he fought in 2016. Clearly an interim belt is needed at this time, in a division with no viable contenders.

No need to strip him. There isn't a clear contender for the belt right now, which is why there really isn't a need for an interim belt neither. If they never stripped Cain, they sure aren't stripping him.

He's not a draw. You can only be payed by what you bring in
Well he puts on exciting fights, so it's not his fault he doesn't draw the public, just like a lot of other exciting fighters that don't draw. It's the UFC's piss poor ability to market that is to blame, and always has been. It shouldn't have to be entirely up to the fighters to have to continue to say stupid shit in order to get the public to tune in.

Cain vs Big Nog for the interim!!! Make it happen Dana

{<buffer}

Stipe has finished 5 ranked opponents in the last 2.5 years, and still gets nowhere near the respect a guy who held the division up for four years gets.

You provided so much information so this discussion should be excellent.

How long is Stipe out for? Is he injured? What's the traditional length that heavyweight champs take between fights? What's the history of interim belts at heavyweight? Who are the two people that would fight for such an interim belt?

We are in Sherdog bruh

Any thread who is not "UFC IS DYING!!!!11!!1!!!" related is pure gold

Or simply pay him more. That's what this is all about.

He fought JDS 5 months ago. No contenders at the moment. I'm guessing you're another CM nuthugger trying to troll shit on people for being upset he is avoiding defending his belt. Shit thread.

He's not a draw. You can only be payed by what you bring in

Hes not a draw? He sold tickets for $ 2,3 at the gate on ufc 203 and sold 300 000 K PPVs. If you're a champion fighting in the main event and you're card brings in over 10$ to the company you should get paid if you ask me.
What is a draw in you're eyes?

Funny, because I think it's time for an end to all this interim bullshit.

It is Jon Jones fault for testing positive not Stipe 's.

Hes not a draw? He sold tickets for $ 2,3 at the gate on ufc 203 and sold 300 000 K PPVs. If you're a champion fighting in the main event and you're card brings in over 10$ to the company you should get paid if you ask me.
What is a draw in you're eyes?
Conor,gsp.,jones,leaner, even reem is a bigger draw then him

Back