i think if Floyd fought like this vs Pac

If Pac fought like Pac vs Floyd

Pac might get KOd

styles make fights, he would have never fought this way with pac

Pac was always way more dangerous than Mcg will ever be. If Floyd would have had the opportunity to ko Pac in their fight he would have went for it.

Floyd cant pressure he looked mediocre when he was doing it

another reason why its laughable to put him in the top 20 alltime

Sweet Pea was a better defensive fighter while being far more aggressive, with more output and far better infighting. More versatile, its really no comparison

Floyds been able to dominate against a weak era of boxing and still shouldve lost to Castillos pressure.

But true boxing fans know hes nowhere near the true pantheon greats in the top 20 to 30

Floyd can't fight like this against someone like Pac. And he looked fucking old tonight too. Happy it was his last.

Floyd can do it all even has good takedown defense but not the best ever

2015 Floyd was much better than 2017 Floyd.

Sweet Pea was a better defensive fighter while being far more aggressive, with more output and far better infighting. More versatile, its really no comparison

Floyds been able to dominate against a weak era of boxing and still shouldve lost to Castillos pressure.

But true boxing fans know hes nowhere near the true pantheon greats in the top 20 to 30

I think that Floyd in his best beats Whitaker. Faster hands and mentally stronger.

I think that Floyd in his best beats Whitaker. Faster hands and mentally stronger.

Whittaker has a better jab, far better infighter, more output and better defense. Faster hands wont matter

He had a scrub in front of him.

He's not fighting like that against an actual opponent.

Whittaker has a better jab, far better infighter, more output and better defense. Faster hands wont matter
Of course they will matter. Floyd wins by controlling the pace of his fights, not by outboxing like Whitaker.
He exploits his speed advantage and then gets the hell out or ties up his opponents and don't allow them to go on the offense,
except if he sets them up for counter. This is his tactic anyway and it served him well so far.

And I don't agree with what you said anyway. I don't see why his defence is worse.

let's be honest here, floyd looked like shit... which can't really be held against a 40 year old who's been out of the game for 2 years, but did he throw more than 5 jabs in the entire fight?

not throwing anything for like 4 rounds, then moving forward flat footed without cutting the ring off. we all knew conor would tire and get finished, but it should've happened much earlier.

i hope conor stays in boxing, though. considering he won rounds, he might get another big fight.

let's be honest here, floyd looked like shit... which can't really be held against a 40 year old who's been out of the game for 2 years, but did he throw more than 5 jabs in the entire fight?

not throwing anything for like 4 rounds, then moving forward flat footed without cutting the ring off. we all knew conor would tire and get finished, but it should've happened much earlier.

i hope conor stays in boxing, though. considering he won rounds, he might get another big fight.

Dammit, I've barely boxed and I could tell Conor was proper fucked in the first round. Mayweather looked like shit because he didn't give a shit. Aside from a few cute looks he gave Mayweather early on Mayweather figured him out early and it was obvious that Mayweather never felt even slightly threatened.

Dammit, I've barely boxed and I could tell Conor was proper fucked in the first round. Mayweather looked like shit because he didn't give a shit. Aside from a few cute looks he gave Mayweather early on Mayweather figured him out early and it was obvious that Mayweather never felt even slightly threatened.
mayweather got hit a lot more than he should've, though. that first uppercut he walked into should've woken him up.

i don't buy the bullshit that he let conor hit him. he let him throw early, by not doing anything at all, that is true - but he certainly didn't want to get hit as much as he did. not at 40, not after 2 years out of the game. he got hit because he's a shell of his former self, and i'm not saying this spitefully, it's just a fact. he's slow, he's sloppy. that's what an aged fighter looks like.

He did lose to Castillo, imo.

Who would he fight? Canelo and GGG would murder him like CM Punk got murdered, plus he won't this kind of money against anyone else.

mayweather got hit a lot more than he should've, though. that first uppercut he walked into should've woken him up.

i don't buy the bullshit that he let conor hit him. he let him throw early, by not doing anything at all, that is true - but he certainly didn't want to get hit as much as he did. not at 40, not after 2 years out of the game. he got hit because he's a shell of his former self, and i'm not saying this spitefully, it's just a fact. he's slow, he's sloppy. that's what an aged fighter looks like.

I don't think he let himself get hit, I agree.

I also think Canelo dismantles Mayweather if he is crazy enough to rematch him now.

Back