"I think I want to fight in the UFC" --- Gervonta Davis

He'd get smoked just like Toney did against Randy. Like Stipe would if he boxed Joshua, and like Conor did against Floyd <{hughesimpress}>Stick to what you know, kid. You're a good boxer.
No he'll obviously take it more serious than Tony and train a couple years on his wrestling, ji jitsu,etc. before he steps in the Octagon. The guy's really young. Tony was at the end of his career when he decided to try his luck at the UFC. Floyd is his mentor so there's now way he's going to do it in a way that puts risk to himself or his career.

tenor.gif

Someone who doesn't gas 8 minutes in and resorts to throwing arm punches.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Ledet? Holly, Hardy, Julaton, Duffy, should I go on?
Duffy got smashed by vick, hardy got one punched by condit and holly got slept by meisha.

In all seriousness though my statement stands. Mma is a different beast the smaller gloves make a difference. Would like to see davis give it a go though

I love how Toney talked so much smack about MMA and he fucking got taken down by not just a single leg, but by a single ankle pick. That was embarrasing, and that guy was a world champion too. Granted i don't believe he had the work ethic of the younger more intelligent boxers, but good lord that was embarrasing. He spent his entire life boxing and trashtalked MMA a shit ton, and all it took was a gust of wind to take him down.
I'm sure that 3-6 months of light training was just enough for him to scare Randy to go for an ankle pick over some Greco Roman takedown that alone can be counted as a win for Toney.

I love how Toney talked so much smack about MMA and he fucking got taken down by not just a single leg, but by a single ankle pick. That was embarrasing, and that guy was a world champion too. Granted i don't believe he had the work ethic of the younger more intelligent boxers, but good lord that was embarrasing. He spent his entire life boxing and trashtalked MMA a shit ton, and all it took was a gust of wind to take him down.

toney didnt plan on beating randy. he didnt even train mma. he literally just showed up for the 500k.

toney was a great fighter at 160. at heavyweight he was meh and by the time he got to the ufc he was slurring his speech severely punch drunk.

cling to that all you want, but that fight was the equivalent of chuck liddell losing a boxing fight today.

yeah he trash talked mma a ton. most boxers do. the skill level isnt very high in mma and it is really easy to get to the big show compared to boxing, so it doesnt get much respect from boxing.

There ain't a flyweight or bantamweight in the entire UFC that would stand with him

lol at getting knocked out. Whoever fought him would shoot for a double within seconds and hope for relentless lay and pray.

If any 126 or 135 pounder tried standing with him, it's them that would be KTFO.
This is not necessarily true at all. It’s quite conceivable he could get KOed in MMA. Even by non-strikers. Smaller gloves and the threat of takedowns changes everything.

Boxers had a very mixed record in K-1. They got KOed sometimes. And that’s without the threat of takedowns.

With TDs, even if the guy doesn’t go for them, you have to have a different stance and hold your hands lower.

Holding hands lower hurts your defense a lot. And the wider stance means jabs are much less important, as your power hand is much closer and thus more useful in MMA.

Guys like Cro Cop, Pat Barry, Overeem have got knocked out plenty in MMA. Even by grapplers.

MMA is just more random than boxing.

I like him. Legit the only dude I care for in Boxing.

Would be epic.

Seems like an odd choice. I mean, I quite like him too, but there are far better and more exciting boxers around.

I would be interested in seeing him in the UFC though. He is a good athlete. Fast, powerful, low centre of gravity. If he does have some wrestling experience and could develop solid TDD, he could do well.

toney didnt get smoked. sylvia got smoked against mercer.

the rest i agree with tho. boxers should stick to boxing. mma fighters should stick to mma. crossover fights are unwinnable freakshow fights.
Toney didn’t get smoked??

Duffy got smashed by vick, hardy got one punched by condit and holly got slept by meisha.

In all seriousness though my statement stands. Mma is a different beast the smaller gloves make a difference. Would like to see davis give it a go though
Holly didn’t get KOed. She went to sleep but not in the way you’re trying to spin it.

This is not necessarily true at all. It’s quite conceivable he could get KOed in MMA. Even by non-strikers. Smaller gloves and the threat of takedowns changes everything.

Boxers had a very mixed record in K-1. They got KOed sometimes. And that’s without the threat of takedowns.

With TDs, even if the guy doesn’t go for them, you have to have a different stance and hold your hands lower.

Holding hands lower hurts your defense a lot. And the wider stance means jabs are much less important, as your power hand is much closer and thus more useful in MMA.

Guys like Cro Cop, Pat Barry, Overeem have got knocked out plenty in MMA. Even by grapplers.

MMA is just more random than boxing.

Yeah but, they're not boxers, let alone world class ones.

Boxers hit ridiculously hard, and have excellent chins and defence compared to MMA fighters. Any MMA fighter would have to be retarded to stand with a prime, legit boxer even in the octagon.

They're obviously going to want to pull a Randy, so they don't get Mercer'd.

Which isn't what the post I was replying to mentions.. it implies that Davis would get smashed from the start. Which isn't the case with anyone I listed. Hardy is a female too, not a male.. hope you messed up and didn't mean Dan. Nor did Holly get slept, she was choked into submission.. the term "slept" in regards to fighting is used when someone is finished from strikes. And yet, you fail to mention Duffy and Ledet.. both being undefeated boxers and Duffy being the first pro boxer to finish Conor in a combat sport.

In all seriousness, I teach at Title Boxing and went 2-1 as a Pro in MMA..

This kid is an excellent boxer. I would like to see him in the UFC.

He would get smothered, mauled and embarrassed.
Maybe he wrestled in school and trains mma part time? One day someone is going to come in and shock the world like a younger GGG.

6 months sprawl training at Rufus and he's a contender

knowing the shitty cuck new owners they'd give him a total can to stand with him so he can knock him out.

if this was the fertittas still they'd do to him what they did to james toney and make an example out of him so boxers think twice about saying they can hop in the octagon
Why would that be a good thing? The more high level kickboxers, wrestlers, bjj artists etc
That come to MMA the better. If more high level strikers come to MMA it will help evolve MMA striking and make an overall better product with time.

He'd get smoked just like Toney did against Randy. Like Stipe would if he boxed Joshua, and like Conor did against Floyd <{hughesimpress}>Stick to what you know, kid. You're a good boxer.
If everyone “stuck to what they know” MMA wouldn’t exist bro, I don’t see the problem with other combat sports athletes and martial artist wanting to come and do MMA, that makes the sport more exciting and evolves the sport imo

The guy is a complete ass...hope he comes over so he gets his ass kicked.

Some examples of him being an ass

Watch the end of this video..drops a guy with a body shot..after the ref calls it he comes over and mocks his ko'd opponent. The guy is just an ass.

21:30

Back