I think I figured it out, LW belt situation and Dana

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it possible that Tony is fighting for the real belt. He wins the fight he is the light weight champion and Conor is then stripped.

But, if Khabib wins, he takes Tony's belt and becomes the new Interim Champion and will fight Conor for the real belt at a later date?

Is this a possibility?

Howbout Khabib beats them both in the same night?

I could see that, it seems likely that they want to see what happens in the fight between Khabib and Tony before they decide what to do with Conors situation.

i was thinking they wouldn't strip him until the night of the fight..

if they strip him and something happens to the fight they lost a huge hand in the game

How about making Conor's belt the interim one now and give Tony the real one to fight Khabib. Sounds more fair to me.

Is it possible that Tony is fighting for the real belt. He wins the fight he is the light weight champion and Conor is then stripped.

But, if Khabib wins, he takes Tony's belt and becomes the new Interim Champion and will fight Conor for the real belt at a later date?

Is this a possibility?

No. Bozo-Dana said that the winner will be the undisputed champion.

Is this a possibility?

No. Regardless who wins, they are the real champ. That being said, They want Khabib to win to set up him vs Conor in Russia later in the year...

I think it's Conor's choice. He must be dragging them around right now, refusing to sign a contract. If he keeps it up, they'll strip him. If he says he'll defend against the winner of Tony vs Khabib, it'll stay the interim bout. I think that's what the bald schmuck meant.
I'd just strip him now. Conor always wants to be the challenger, so make it it easy for him. Make Tony the Real Champ now

How about making Conor's belt the interim one now and give Tony the real one to fight Khabib. Sounds more fair to me.
How about getting rid of silly interim belts altogether because it's undermining and exposing the whole gimmick of a belt in the first place

How about getting rid of silly interim belts altogether because it's undermining and exposing the whole gimmick of a belt in the first place
I agree but they're probably trying to avoid stripping twice their biggest cash cow and piss him off to retirement.

Is this a possibility?
Nope...if they are fighting for the real belt...no matter who wins...they become the real champ

IMHO, it is much more simple, TS.

Dana said that Tony vs. Khabib will be for the real title...but that fight doesn't occur until early April.

Therefore, Conor does not need to be stripped...yet.

Is this a possibility?
<mma4>

I agree with this.

UFC invented the "Interim" belts to sort out situations in which champions were injured or openly ducking.
But the interim shit got out of control.
They should get rid of all those stupid interim belts and make mandatory for champs a number or defenses a year (or at least one). They must stop with this moronic distribution of belts like free pizza.
I know, of course, that they won´t do that.

This is a mess.

this is my thoughts on the situation as well , Just about every fighter in the LW division see Tony as the real Champion so Conor is just the interim Champ .
Tony has the longest winning streak in the LW division and has taken on all contenders if he beat Khabib he a pretty much cleaned out the division .

Is this a possibility?
That is exactly what I thought why the fuck would they strip Conor before the fight ever happened, just in case someone pulls out which is possible.

Once someone wins the winner is the unified champ and Conor bumps down to interim or number one contender.

Back