Elections I believe Hillary will run as VP in 2020

Hillary Clinton will run for President in 2020.

• Total voters
Though, if anybody reads her book, she blames everybody under the sun, so a lot of bridges burnt to a crisp.
But, then again, with Hillary supporters, who knows how far their depths of naive stupidity reach.

@Jack V Savage

Do you think this is a good idea?

Nah. I've said before that I prefer a younger candidate. O'Malley was my top pick last time, and he's still younger than Clinton. Ordinarily, I say any decent candidate should run, even if they're not my favorite, but there's still bitterness over the last primary so it's best to just it go.

She's not spending a dime of her own money to campaign.
all that sweet sweet planned parenthood money selling chopped up baby parts to make baldness potions for the nouveau riche chinese

Nah. I've said before that I prefer a younger candidate..

Like this dude?
talesfromthecrypt2.jpg

I laughed at the collection.

Cint: The Robert E Leeader of this ragtag bunch of white dudes.
Burning Hammer: If you're burning up in need of vaguely racist posts. You call in the Hammer.
Devout Pessimist: Are you hungry? Because at this BBQ DP is cooking up the Aspergers.
Jim Bob: ...Posts about how you would expect.
Pwent: You need an I Told You So OP? Because Pwent is here... and he's here to tell you so.
Ripskater: Flat ass, Flat Earth, God cursed the world so fuck what ya heard.

Coming to an outrage thread near you.

Rip doesn't believe in Mars. I feel like you guys let him off the hook on that one.

Maybe. But my point is that people in the right have been saying for three decades that Hillary is:

* shrill
* robotic
* unlikable
* corrupt
* ambitious to a fault
* narcissistic

Shrill and robotic are contradictory. Ambitious to a fault also pretty much contradicts corrupt (as generally, pre-Trump, people who aspired to high office have had to keep their noses clean--as Clinton had). The other stuff is just things that partisans say about people in the other party. Part of what made Clinton seem unstoppable was extremely high favorables. But what we've seen is a much more effective propaganda campaign than ever before (with methods and even actors taken directly from authoritarian regimes). What's clear now is that literally anyone can be turned into a corrupt monster in the eyes of a large segment of the public.

@Possum Jenkins you see what I'm talking about?

Possum's point is demonstrably wrong, too. I mean, Clinton obviously will not run again, but you can't reasonably attribute the loss to personal factors when she outperformed fundamentals AND outperformed down-ballot Democrats. Politics is cyclical (because of systemic adaptations rather than some law of nature), and whomever the Democratic candidate was in 2016 was facing an uphill battle. The personal stuff is just standard for any candidate, escalated by improved propaganda tactics. If someone with Clinton's record could be portrayed as corrupt with no "scandal" any bigger than not following IT security protocols, it could happen to literally anyone.

Nah. I've said before that I prefer a younger candidate. O'Malley was my top pick last time, and he's still younger than Clinton. Ordinarily, I say any decent candidate should run, even if they're not my favorite, but there's still bitterness over the last primary so it's best to just it go.

I actually think she has a good chance this time.

I actually think she has a good chance this time.

What's funny is that you guys are acting like you uniquely hate Clinton. The reality is that you'll hate whatever pro-working-class candidate makes it to the end just as much, if not more.

Back in 2011, when people were still using AVs with Obama photoshopped to look like Hitler, calling him the anti-christ, and contrasting him unfavorably with Bill, I predicted that by 2016, they'd claim to have been former Obama supporters and contrast him favorably with whomever the Democratic candidate was. The hatred isn't based on real characteristics; it's just marketing that you guys fall for.

Possum's point is demonstrably wrong, too. I mean, Clinton obviously will not run again, but you can't reasonably attribute the loss to personal factors when she outperformed fundamentals AND outperformed down-ballot Democrats. Politics is cyclical (because of systemic adaptations rather than some law of nature), and whomever the Democratic candidate was in 2016 was facing an uphill battle. The personal stuff is just standard for any candidate, escalated by improved propaganda tactics. If someone with Clinton's record could be portrayed as corrupt with no "scandal" any bigger than not following IT security protocols, it could happen to literally anyone.

Up until the day of the election, lefties all gave Hillary a 90%+ chance of winning. Then she lost and now she was the underdog all along?

Hillary lost because Trump outworked her in key battleground states and had a clear message while Hillary had a litany of past fuck ups and constantly contradicted her past positions on everything. Even Obama said 'Hillary will say anything and stands for nothing.'

What's funny is that you guys are acting like you uniquely hate Clinton. The reality is that you'll hate whatever pro-working-class candidate makes it to the end just as much, if not more.

Back in 2011, when people were still using AVs with Obama photoshopped to look like Hitler, calling him the anti-christ, and contrasting him unfavorably with Bill, I predicted that by 2016, they'd claim to have been former Obama supporters and contrast him favorably with whomever the Democratic candidate was. The hatred isn't based on real characteristics; it's just marketing that you guys fall for.

Good post. I agree.

She wouldn't get the nomination this time. The DNC big wigs know she's cancer.

@Possum Jenkins you see what I'm talking about?

It doesn't matter if Jack defends her or not, what's important is if she'll garner enough votes to win a primary.

Obviously she's still going to have a lot of admirers, but I'd be very, very surprised if it's anywhere close enough what she needs to win another primary.

Back