I think Darren Till is going to win.

The kid has obviously not been fighting elite competition to this point, but he looks very smooth on the feet and he's fucking huge. Cerrone has looked far from good in his last two outings, and Till is a very big guy comparing to his past opponents.

Till TKO Round 2.
It's difficult to look good against Lawler and Masvidal. I'm sure Cerrone would've looked better against someone like Wendell the Aloe Vera, Till's last KO.

Plus, you know Greg Jackson's game plan will be to take Till down and sub him, since Cerrone has a big advantage in grappling.

So yeah, you're crazy if you bet much on Till.

It's difficult to look good against Lawler and Masvidal. I'm sure Cerrone would've looked better against someone like Wendell the Aloe Vera, Till's last KO.

Plus, you know Greg Jackson's game plan will be to take Till down and sub him, since Cerrone has a big advantage in grappling.

So yeah, you're crazy if you bet much on Till.
do you even remember the last time Cerrone followed a gameplan?

do you even remember the last time Cerrone followed a gameplan?
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Before Lawler and Masvidal, he looked pretty focused in all his fights at 170. Those two are highly-skilled fighters with few weaknesses that can take most WWs off their game plan, and he was no exception.

Cerrone wins by whatever he wants. Till is overrated.

If I was Cerrone's head trainer or someone close to him (another fighter/trainer), I'd tell him to treat his current stretch at 170 as a brief time period to tighten up his game to be a much better version of himself to descend back down to 155.....win or lose to Till.

In Cerrone's case, its almost like sending a thoroughbred up to an allowance type of racing to actually get better knowing he'll hopefully comeback an absolute handful at a claiming level.

There are so many good fighters that never claim that title (just like any sport) and I don't think Donald will win a title in the UFC but his chances to get another title shot are significantly better at lightweight.

This

Ive been waiting for him to announce his return to LW forever. I love cowboy and his fights at 170 have been awesome and fun to watch, but i just dont see him beating alot of the top guys. Every time he gets a fight announced i get worried, i thought Lawler would brutally KO him

Till reminds me of Conor. Something about the timing/accuracy of his straights, I haven't seen a lot of footage, but it looked like a larger Conor at times with fairly heavy hands.

Cerrone is a warrior of course, so this will be interesting!

This

Ive been waiting for him to announce his return to LW forever. I love cowboy and his fights at 170 have been awesome and fun to watch, but i just dont see him beating alot of the top guys. Every time he gets a fight announced i get worried, i thought Lawler would brutally KO him
Yeah- these top tier welter s walk around over 190 so if you're a Cerrone supporter, you'd hope a return to 155 is in the cards.If he beats Till then carry that momentum when he descends to proper weight

He's got some nice technique but I haven't seen him throw 2 strikes together. He's way too picky with his shots and has low output iirc. He isn't a ko artist either. He's doing the right thing by taunting donald tho, those are the times he doesn't perform at his best. If he comes out aggresive and lands some shots it will get interesting

Am I crazy?

I was looking through the odds for some upcoming fights and I liked the look of Cerrone and Mousasi double at 2.15 odds. Surely that's a banker I thought, Mousasi will walk through Shlemenko and Cerrone will school the young kid. Obvious right? and easy money, right?

Well, then I started watching Darren Till...

The kid has obviously not been fighting elite competition to this point, but he looks very smooth on the feet and he's fucking huge. Cerrone has looked far from good in his last two outings, and Till is a very big guy comparing to his past opponents.

Till TKO Round 2.
The fuck you mean "far from good" just cos he lost? He looked great against Lawler (except when backing up) and why do people exclusively pick winners when betting, especially in fights they have no idea who is gonna win? Can't you just bet on it to not go the distance or something?

Till reminds me of Conor. Something about the timing/accuracy of his straights, I haven't seen a lot of footage, but it looked like a larger Conor at times with fairly heavy hands.

Cerrone is a warrior of course, so this will be interesting!

That's exactly what I saw when I first saw Till fight. It's probably the stance and the sniper straights as you said. Good boxing overall too.

I just hope Cerrone stands. If it goes to the floor I think Cerrone wraps him up quickly.

I've seen his fights and I really don't get the hype. I really don't see how he'll stop Cowboy.

The trick is never buy into the Cowboy.

Don't get me wrong dude is a gamer and a bad ass in his own right, but he's always due for a beatdown once everyone gets to hyping him up again.

We will see though, Till as good as he is is raw and not Jorge Masvidal

The trick is never buy into the Cowboy.

Don't get me wrong dude is a gamer and a bad ass in his own right, but he's always due for a beatdown once everyone gets to hyping him up again.

We will see though, Till as good as he is is raw and not Jorge Masvidal

Cowboy is easy to buy into. He's basically a gatekeeper who worked his way into a title shot because everyone else at the time was on a losing streak.

Till has entertaining value, but that doesn't mean he is a great fighter.
In his last fight, he looked good in round 1, but after that he looked worse by the round.

I'll still go with Cowboy. I don't know a lot about Till but Cowboy has beaten pretty much everyone who isn't a champ.

Am I crazy?

I was looking through the odds for some upcoming fights and I liked the look of Cerrone and Mousasi double at 2.15 odds. Surely that's a banker I thought, Mousasi will walk through Shlemenko and Cerrone will school the young kid. Obvious right? and easy money, right?

Well, then I started watching Darren Till...

Till TKO Round 2.

Yea man you're crazy
Sorry my 6th sense is telling me Cowboy will sub him with relevant ease

Save your dough, there's better bets on this card

He does, like Till he’s in for a rude awakening. At least Till will finally fight someone with a Wikipedia page that someone’s actually heard of. It’s just too bad it will be a loss by finish next to it.
<36>

He could win, as could Cerrone. If Cerrone has aged a lot - which is bound to happen - Till has a good chance of winning; if not, Cerrone should take it.

"Till has a good chance of winning, if not, Cerrone should take it"

Is there someone else that could win if neither Till nor Cerrone win?

Back