I Think Bellator May Be Missing The Boat.

datfnguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think the fight with MVP and Semtex should happen at 179. They have and continue to jar at each other at a high level. They also have to consider that Page will likely walk through Derek the Barbecue Anderson while Rory could beat Daley and if that happens a fight between Page and Daley will lose all it's hype. I think they should find a way to make that fight happen that way Page can get his well needed big name win and move up the ranks. Then Daley can focus on what opponents pay the most.

Thoughts

Daley turned down the MVP fight iirc, think he only wants to fight Rory.

Daley turned down the MVP fight iirc, think he only wants to fight Rory.
He did. I think he knows he could lose both fights, but he stands to make more money fighting Rory. I don't want to see MVP vs Rory, Bellator needs it's hype trains to stay on track, but MVP needs to start fighting bigger names soon or the hype will start to fade.

Hype already faded with MVP the chance to strike while the iron is hot is already over. After MVP cracked cyborgs skull that clip was everywhere that's when the guy needed to step it up.

They're missing the boat full stop, the way the UFC is going since the take over its literally there for the taking, fighters being passed up for title shots, champs not defending, fans literally sick of the way the orgs ran, for the first time since I followed MMA the UFC has left the door wide open for its competition to step up.

Feels like Kimbos death and Dadas near death put a damper on things. In reality its the commisions fault for sanctioning that fight, but I think what was supposed to be a fun money fight instead turned ugly and reflected quite poorly on Bellator.

I think Derek Anderson will be a very tough fight for MVP, I know I'll be having a little wager on him winning

I think Derek Anderson will be a very tough fight for MVP, I know I'll be having a little wager on him winning

Agreed. Good chance Anderson out points MVP and takes the decision.

Yeah... it is only a matter of time until MVP hypetrain crashes. It is already slowed down tho.

I agree thats the fight that should of been made, I disagree a loss to Rory kills the hype if anything it justifies the fight... at this point daley is a far move proven fighter, taking on a prospect like MVP is high risk low reward if daley loses he will be looking for a fight to reestablish himself and thats when facing a young new fighters makes a lot more sense. The Rory fight sets up the MVP fight.

MVP "walking though" Anderson? MVP struggled with the wrestling of Cyborg in round 1... a guy that isn't known for wrestling control at all. MVP HAS to keep this fight standing to have a chance.

Back