I still love Conor

Whoever 'liked Conor before' and not anymore now needs to reexamine their life. These are cage fighters, not priests. All the signs of ego, retaliation, being above the law we have seen long before the Khabib Saga. We, as cage fight fan consumers, ask these kids to get punched in the head for our entertainment then get pissed when they start acting like they have CTE.

Keep your idols and cage fighters separate. End of story.

Agree 100%

Whilst it's hard to understand for many of the privileged middle class fight fans out there who only witness mass brawls on youtube via gas station cctv behind the safety of their imac screens, these guys are never going to be religious disciples. The majority of top level UFC fighters come from tough backgrounds and grew up by a moral code you don't understand.... they find out their friend was ganged-up-on and threatened? They will retaliate in the way they see fit. They're not interested in engaging in a civilized debate... they want to fuck shit up. That's what they know. That's how they handle their business. If you feel that reaction is not of a sporting gentlemanly nature, don't follow a sport which at its essence is no-holds-barred fist fighting.

The only redeeming factor or relatable quality about his actions that no one can deny was two things

1. It was very obvious artem was getting outnumbered and bullied. Anyone who watched that video would feel khabib was in the wrong.

2. There’s something touching about how he did all this in defense of his friend and training partner (who’s been with him way before he made it big), so if there hadn’t been the dolly incident, it’s the equivalent to the cliche story of a kid bullied on playground and his older brother comes in to defend him

The only redeeming factor or relatable quality about his actions that no one can deny was two things

1. It was very obvious artem was getting outnumbered and bullied. Anyone who watched that video would feel khabib was in the wrong.

2. There’s something touching about how he did all this in defense of his friend and training partner (who’s been with him way before he made it big), so if there hadn’t been the dolly incident, it’s the equivalent to the cliche story of a kid bullied on playground and his older brother comes in to defend him

Absolutely nothing, no harm at all, has been done to Artem.

He needed no defense

I find him boring as hell. But I realize I am part of the minority.

Definitely my favourite Pikey , after Brad Pitt in Snatched of course .

Agree 100%

Whilst it's hard to understand for many of the privileged middle class fight fans out there who only witness mass brawls on youtube via gas station cctv behind the safety of their imac screens, these guys are never going to be religious disciples. The majority of top level UFC fighters come from tough backgrounds and grew up by a moral code you don't understand.... they find out their friend was ganged-up-on and threatened? They will retaliate in the way they see fit. They're not interested in engaging in a civilized debate... they want to fuck shit up. That's what they know. That's how they handle their business. If you feel that reaction is not of a sporting gentlemanly nature, don't follow a sport which at its essence is no-holds-barred fist fighting.

Two trained adult fighters getting paid to compete under rules, under the supervision of a ref, their team, & a doctor is not the same as launching a heavy steel object towards a bus full of unsuspecting people, most of whom you have no beef with.

I don’t agree with your viewpoint; most of these fighters are capable of controlling themselves & acting professionally. This level of incident has never happened in the UFC before. Your description of this is as anti-mma as John McCain in the 90s.

Besides, I’ve been involved in & witnessed plenty of gang attacks on the streets; what Conor did looked dumb compared to what I’ve seen. At least attack the person you have beef with, don’t run in protected by security & a bus, not getting any licks in on the people you’re after.

Absolutely nothing, no harm at all, has been done to Artem.

He needed no defense

Hence the comparison to the age old story of a kid getting bullied in the playground (backed against the wall, surrounded, slapped).

Hence the comparison to the age old story of a kid getting bullied in the playground (backed against the wall, surrounded, slapped).

Yeah, but older brother defenses a kid because kid is innocent, naive and cannot stand intimidation.

Here's a grown man, a fighter, part of a team led by someone who's supposed to be a king of intimidation and mental warfare. Yet he crumbles when mean mugs, surrounded by CAMERAS, come to him. They had no intentions to do anything but embarrass Artem.

Great fighter but he's slowly destroying his chance to be one of the all time greats.

Great fighter but he's slowly destroying his chance to be one of the all time greats.

Didn't he say, back in the days: "get in, get rich, get out".

Well, he got in, he got rich. Probably even richer that he would have dreamt of. Now he should be getting out, if all goes according to his plan.

Of course you do. It wasn't your face he cut or your knuckles he broke or your eye he put glass on, preventing you from doing your job, by assaulting you indiscriminately with a bunch of thugs.

Of course you don't care about what happens to others as long as you're ok.

Last edited:
Back