I still can't decide how good Magny is

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude has beat a ton of good guys like Lombard and Carlos Condit, but still loses to RDA and Lorenz Larkin. Then goes and fights someone who I never heard of. Is he top 10, top 5, contender? What?!

Solid workman. Jack of all trades master of none. Pretty much a gatekeeper though.

Pretty good.

tenor.gif

Solid workman. Jack of all trades master of none. Pretty much a gatekeeper though.

It's weird though. He has wins that would get guys top 5 fights, but he just fights cans after those wins lol. IDK what is the deal.

Gatekeeper, ranked in the bottom half the top 10. And condit is beyond washed up and Lombard fell off after like his 3rd ufc fight lol.

The biggest shock to me is he has a win over Gastelum.

he's a solid gatekeeper, he'll never be like top 5 but if you beat him you're most likely top 10.

When he's on, he's on. When he's off, he's very off.

Dude has beat a ton of good guys like Lombard and Carlos Condit, but still loses to RDA and Lorenz Larkin. Then goes and fights someone who I never heard of. Is he top 10, top 5, contender? What?!
Well, when you decide would you please let the rest of us know?

It's weird though. He has wins that would get guys top 5 fights, but he just fights cans after those wins lol. IDK what is the deal.
well condit was pretty done at that point, and he also has no TDD so of course magny was probably gonna beat him.

lombard has always been pretty overrated but he gassed after trying to finish magny.

hendricks was coming off 2 losses and magny's win wasn't even impressive, they just finally rewarded a guy for being active off his back for once.

kelvin fight was in 2015 and kelvin has improved.

he only fought that nobody because the guy was short notice after gunnar pulled out.

magny is just a solid top 10 gatekeeper.

Speaking of, dude just got married.

Congrats to Magny.

The sad truth is that Magny benefits from fighting in a thin division. WW has been pretty bad for a couple years now. There's a reason why the rankings are populated by LWs (RDA, Masvidal, and Cowboy), past-prime WWs (Robbie and Maia), and guys who aren't actually that good (Magny and Ponz).

Simply put, a number of the top guys (GSP, Robbie, Hendricks, Condit, Nick Diaz) got older/retired and left a void. Around that same time, the UFC let guys like Shields, Fitch, and Palhares leave town. They also refused to sign Askren and let Rory go to Bellator.

Hence, we're left with a pretty mediocre fighter (Magny) being a perennial top 10 WW.

Side note: TS is looking much too deeply into Magny's wins over Condit and Lombard. Those guys were already shells of there former selves by the time he beat them. Magny's best win is probably against Gastelum, who hadn't yet found his groove.

Did you comment this on a FB post a while ago and have Magny respond to it ?

I legit remember seeing this.

But Mangy is legit , depending if his opponent doesnt take him down and submit him. Very hot and cold fighter , could beat the best and lose just as well ...

Newsflash, Condit and Lombard aren't good anymore.

Also, dude got blanketed by the shittyest version of Pig Rig. Basically fought from his back the entire fight.

Did you comment this on a FB post a while ago and have Magny respond to it ?

I legit remember seeing this.

But Mangy is legit , depending if his opponent doesnt take him down and submit him. Very hot and cold fighter , could beat the best and lose just as well ...

No. Not me. I was watching a card on FS1 randomly and he was fighting some no name fighter and it was really close and I was like wtf he has good wins why is this so close.

Back