'I shot a whole family of baboons'

So your view is that hunting is immoral and anyone who engages in hunting is somehow an immoral person and therefore has to justify that to you, along with the justification of thier own personal beliefs?

Im not sure why my views are being questioned. Do you normally question people who are questioning someone else's views?

To answer your question about my question (see what youve done) about this story, a single act does not make one immoral but yes people who gratuitously hunt exotic animals and go out of their way to do so for enjoyment are doing an immoral thing. Its kind of weird how he gloats about how beautiful the giraffe is and then poses next to its corpse. Not beautiful enough to be spared from his need to have a pleasurable experience.

I also think someone who believes in objective moral values and then also says they are christian are not being consistent if they are okay with this. Jesus wouldnt be okay with killing families of baboons.

Last edited:
A single act does not make one immoral but yes people who gratuitously hunt exotic animals and go out of their way to do so for enjoyment are doing an immoral thing. Its kind of weird how he gloats about how beautiful the giraffe is and then poses next to its corpse. Not beautiful enough to be spared from his need to have a pleasurable experience.

I think it funny how these kind of hunters must hunt exotic or endangered animals to provide funding to protect them. A simple donation of the money they would spend on the hunt would be sufficient.

I think it funny how these kind of hunters must hunt exotic or endangered animals to provide funding to protect them. A simple donation of the money they would spend on the hunt would be sufficient.

Thats just hedonism. You just need to apply that logic to other things to see through it. Like hey its okay if i beat the shit out of this dog because i'll donate money to dog shelters.

Thats just hedonism. You just need to apply that logic to other things to see through it. Like hey its okay if i beat the shit out of this dog because i'll donate money to dog shelters.

It is only the joy of killing these animals that they are after. They dont actually care about anything else. Most of these animals they drive around until they spot them then shoot them. It's not what most people would call hunting. They arent harvesting the animals for their food. There is no respect for the animals in these hunts.

people have to eat something. they should eat that which causes the least damage.
people do not have to shoot baboons for the sake of shooting baboons.
one is done in order to live, one is not.
if i shoot you because you are about to kill me, it isnt the same as shooting you just cuz i want to brag about it, or the middle ground wherein i shoot you because i find you intolerably stupid.

Lolz

People ate with out killing anything but plants before the mass slaughter of small animals by harvesting machinery.

It appears all of this outrage is coming from the fact that someone went hunting, but how DARE they openly enjoy it!

I enjoy the activity of hunting, and I refuse to apologize for it.

All of the hunts highlighted in the opening post were done legally. If you find yourself morally outraged over someone engaging in a legal hunt, you need to accept the possibility that you're anthropomorphizing an animal.

I'm literally not clueless on the subject. Most people hunt because they enjoy hunting, not because they need the meet or want wild game.

The fact that they eat what they kill doesn't mean that they're hunting out of necessity. In fact avid hunters spend hundreds a year in ammo, target practice, and gear on top of licenses.

I have cousins hunting in the seasons allowing them to shoot some moose and deer. For me it feels like a privilege to know people who will give you some noble deer that is some of the best meat I know. Hunting here is about maintaining and keeping a balanced eco system. To many of them would not be good for our forest, and that is why we need to have predators to keep the numbers down. All this is good if we keep it this way and the modern enlightened humans can see the shortcomings from the past and try live in harmony with nature and animals.

With all that said. When people are treating animals bad, there are feelings inside me that I can´t control. The outrage hits me so hard every time.

To the guy I marked with a yellow. This is cold blooded thinking. So why do you have the urge to kill? Why can´t you let the animal live if you just do this for the fun of hunting? Why can´t you play theHunter: Call of the Wild instead? When I´m fishing I don´t keep the fish, I let it go back in to the water. And the reason I don´t keep the fish is the fact that they collect alot of poison and harmful doses of metal inside them. That is a problem we see more and more in our sweet water lakes. The deeds from the past by us humans will now punish us for along time. And a reason why I forbade my wife not to eat any kind of fish while she was pregnant.

I think people with a hunting rifle or bow should incorporate the mentality of fly fishing.

waft1bh.jpg

WmbJGzr.jpg

9CQXUEi.jpg

0okGasM.jpg

The game I mentioned is IMO the prettiest looking hunting game on the market.

Last edited:
It pissed some libs off so the right wingers on here must take the position that it’s ok.
And that's what it really comes down to with today's online rightwing, they just support anything they perceive will bring about 'liburul tears' .

There’s sort of a difference between acting like an asshole and going off on a racist rant or engaging in other vulgar activities and then simply doing something 100% legally that some people just don’t agree with.

He’s not going to lose his job.
He lost his job.
Good riddance.

Maybe he was just really hungry.

Im not sure why my views are being questioned. Do you normally question people who are questioning someone else's views?

To answer your question about my question (see what youve done) about this story, a single act does not make one immoral but yes people who gratuitously hunt exotic animals and go out of their way to do so for enjoyment are doing an immoral thing. Its kind of weird how he gloats about how beautiful the giraffe is and then poses next to its corpse. Not beautiful enough to be spared from his need to have a pleasurable experience.

I also think someone who believes in objective moral values and then also says they are christian are not being consistent if they are okay with this. Jesus wouldnt be okay with killing families of baboons.

The Jesus of the King James Bible? Probably not. The real person that came to be known as Jesus, we will never know.

I'm literally not clueless on the subject. Most people hunt because they enjoy hunting, not because they need the meet or want wild game.

The fact that they eat what they kill doesn't mean that they're hunting out of necessity. In fact avid hunters spend hundreds a year in ammo, target practice, and gear on top of licenses.

Claiming that nobody has to supplement feeding their family by hunting is absolutely clueless . . . claiming that someone has chosen to use wild game over store bought meat is literally something a clueless person would say . . .

So yes . . . in this case you're clueless.

I don't really like baboons, but this dude seems fucked in the head a bit.

It amazes me how so many humans get such joy out of killing something. i get the whole eating what you kill thing, but to sit there and pose with it is absolutely disgusting. You seriously have to be fucked up in the head to celebrate killing something

It amazes me how so many humans get such joy out of killing something. i get the whole eating what you kill thing, but to sit there and pose with it is absolutely disgusting. You seriously have to be fucked up in the head to celebrate killing something

That goes extra for when they use such extremely easy means to kill something. Sniping something with a rifle is about as easy as it gets.

If you managed to wrestle a leopard to death I'd be more inclined to think you're entitled to bragging about it, even if it's still pretty pointless.

Not sure what the problem is. Its not like he illegally hunted in Idaho, he was hunting in Africa legally. Why should I be mad? Baboons are assholes anyways.

I think it could be argued that if African countries had similar conservation laws like we do in Idaho a lot of the hunting going on there would be illegal too.

Some day we'll read about a bear mauling this dooshbag, and what a tragedy it is. At least the bear would have a good reason for killing him.

Back