I see the excuses already pouring in for Mighty Mouse

TJ has had title defenses in the past. And the belt was taken away from him in a split decision loss that, even as a big Cruz fan, I can admit he should have gotten. Had he been rightfully given that decision, chances are he would be six defenses in. I know this is all hypothetical, but I also don't see what the big deal is, considering how interesting and lucrative this match up is compared to their other options.
Big Cruz fan?

I was rooting for TJ in that fight and still scored it 49-46 for Cruz only giving TJ round 4 where he used his wrestling.

First, TJ calls out the smaller fighter in Mighty Mouse, and most of you had no problem with that, though I'm sure you would have thrown fits, had it been the other way around.

Then, barely 2 days removed from the callout, and most of you were all ready calling him a coward, because he hadn't yet responded.......48 hrs after the call out.

Now that he's on the verge of accepting the fight, people are already marginalizing a Mighty Mouse win, by saying TJ will be too drained to perform well, even though TJ was the one who pursued this fight.

The true fight fans respect Mighty Mouse for his stellar accomplishments, and recognize him for what he is....one of the greats.

For the rest of you, you're not fooling anyone with your constant hypocrisy and double standards. Mostly little cowards, who have some personal vendetta against MM, for whatever reason.

Well he's not going anywhere, so keep pulling as many excuses and rationalizations out of your asses as you can.

Stay salty my friends. Cheers.
Just change the names MM and GSP and this post can be directed at you....talk about hypocrisy!

TJ has had title defenses in the past. And the belt was taken away from him in a split decision loss that, even as a big Cruz fan, I can admit he should have gotten. Had he been rightfully given that decision, chances are he would be six defenses in. I know this is all hypothetical, but I also don't see what the big deal is, considering how interesting and lucrative this match up is compared to their other options.

And TJ dropping the belt, which has played hot potato since, basically resets the track record of consecutive defenses. Right now TJ has zero defenses since regaining the belt and isn't in the position to pick his fights.

As a die hard MMA fan, I'll agree that it's an interesting fight, but casual fans don't (and won't) give a shit about this fight... calling it lucrative is a stretch.

I don't really care for this fight, TJ should be sticking at 135 and building his own legacy. What sort of champ calls out in a weight class below ?

And TJ dropping the belt, which has played hot potato since, basically resets the track record of consecutive defenses. Right now TJ has zero defenses since regaining the belt and isn't in the position to pick his fights.

As a die hard MMA fan, I'll agree that it's an interesting fight, but casual fans don't (and won't) give a shit about this fight... calling it lucrative is a stretch.

Let me ask you this.

What hasn't Dillashaw done that he would have done had he been defending as champion? He's fought and won against all the same people he would have competed against as champion, save for maybe Faber (who likely wouldn't have fought him to begin with). "You don't have title defenses" isn't a statement that should be taken at face value. We have to look at why people say it. Under this circumstance, it's pointless. Maybe it makes sense if this were Rose Namajunas we're talking about. But TJ Dillashaw is a very strange circumstance - considering he's fought against all the top guys (guys you could argue were more tough than who the champion was fighting at the time), and lost his belt in such a controversial way. So I think an exception to the "rule" should be made here.

Back