I said Stipe was a mediocre HW in the weakest HW division of all time

Bamboozled

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think this just proves it. DC wasn't as fast or fluid as he was back in Strikeforce and he dropped him like a sack of potatoes. Good run Stipe, but for the fans the reality has finally smacked you right in the face. You got to see on full display tonight how poor the Heavyweight division is.

Good stuff from both guys, DC looking down. Stipe looking Stipe.

Can't wait for Lesnar vs Cormier.

Right weaker than when Sylvia was champ or Zombie Nog or Couture?

Welcome to sherdog. Longest reigning HW champ ever loses to arguably the greatest fighter ever and now he's mediocre.

No, it can't be. #NewBreed or whatever

DC wasn't as fast or fluid as he was back in Strikeforce

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

DC went back to his natural weight class, and continued to prove to be the best.

DC went back to his natural weight class, and continued to prove to be the best.

He was better in Strikeforce. I said that in the OP.

Right weaker than when Sylvia was champ or Zombie Nog or Couture?

Welcome to sherdog. Longest reigning HW champ ever loses to arguably the greatest fighter ever and now he's mediocre.

HW was stronger then. Inside and outside the UFC.

i feel like alot of these LHW guys coulda been champs at HW

I always felt that he just came at the right time.

JDS was ruined by Cain, Overeem with his chin, Hunt old and too small (without a wrestling back ground).

Stipe looked fucking sloppy like in the francis fight. Only reason he won that one was because francis was gassed and has a horrible ground game. He paid dearly in this fight.

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

Wish fedor didn't get bludgeoned by Silva so cormier could have been the first to KO him.

Nah, This is far from the weakest HW division. I would argue it's the second strongest behind when Cain and JDS were on top. Stipe did have the best UFC HW run of all time and he did do it against stiff competition. DC is an elite HW even if he isn't in his prime. Only lost to a serial juicer.

I think this just proves it. DC wasn't as fast or fluid as he was back in Strikeforce and he dropped him like a sack of potatoes. Good run Stipe, but for the fans the reality has finally smacked you right in the face. You got to see on full display tonight how poor the Heavyweight division is.

Good stuff from both guys, DC looking down. Stipe looking Stipe.

Can't wait for Lesnar vs Cormier.

No it didn't

They are scrambling for their eye poke excuse right now

Stipe is good, but he was fighting the GOAT.

Yeah no shit OP. The division is aging badly and he fought a lot of washed up fighters. Francis beat two of those fighters and he's somehow the second coming of Christ.

And I agree with you. He actually looked much better in Strikeforce.

Stipe looked fucking sloppy like in the francis fight. Only reason he won that one was because francis was gassed and has a horrible ground game. He paid dearly in this fight.
If Ubereem was not so chiny and had better fight IQ he'd probably have finished Stipe as well.

he just fought the 2nd best MMA fighter of all time and lost, no shame in that

Thread starter is a sage and a prophet.

Everyone - bow down to his superior clairvoyance.

He’s a great guy but I’ll say it again.

His resume is against old, slow, plodding fighters and one dimensional newcomers.

If Ngannou didn’t feel comfortable standing with Black Beasf, why didn’t he switch it up and grapple? That’s right. He doesn’t know how to.

Back