I recently decided to stop judging others, and I feel really proud so far

You've got it figured out. People judge others because they're insecure and generally see in others the flaws they dislike in themselves...
Yeah, this is what people who can't come to terms with themselves say. Not every decisive action is a reflection of your flaws. There are successful and essential people whose job it is to judge others. There are literally people who are, ya know, STATE APPOINTED JUDGES whose job it is to judge a person or a situation.

TS, stop being a little bitch. Yes, I am judging you. It's perfectly fine to judge, you just have to judge yourself by the litmus you judge others, thus upping the standard of your owns means of life and empowering those around you to do the same.

Problem isn't your self esteem, it's your work ethic. Only lazy losers do the "I Don't judge" crap, because its too much pressure and work to consistently, 24-7, 365, work your fucking ass off and do the right thing, as well as push others to do so. The only reason you're scared to judge people is that you're scared of them not liking you, which is just feeding your own lack of self esteem. Backwards thinking. Get your ass to work boy.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is what people who can't come to terms with themselves say. Not every decisive action is a reflection of your flaws. There are successful and essential people whose job it is to judge others. There are literally people who are, ya know, STATE APPOINTED JUDGES whose job it is to judge a person or a situation.

TS, stop being a little bitch. Yes, I am judging you. It's perfectly fine to judge, you just have to judge yourself by the litmus you judge others, thus upping the standard of your owns means of life and empowering those around you to do the same.

Problem isn't your self esteem, it's your work ethic. Only lazy losers do the "I Don't judge" crap, because its too much pressure and work to consistently, 24-7, 365, work your fucking ass off and do the right thing, as well as push others to do so. The only reason you're scared to judge people is that you're scared of them not liking you, which is just feeding your own lack of self esteem. Backwards thinking. Get your ass to work boy.

Judgment is a complicated thing. "Judges" are doing their job, it's a myopic example. Recognizing characteristics of people or analyzing actions of others is a kind of judgment we all do, when weighing the value of those things against your moral or ethical compass one practices a judgment not beneficial to their self... We aren't all in a stage of existence where we can recognize or accept this and that's fine.

Judgment is a complicated thing. "Judges" are doing their job, it's a myopic example. Recognizing characteristics of people or analyzing actions of others is a kind of judgment we all do, when weighing the value of those things against your moral or ethical compass one practices a judgment not beneficial to their self... We aren't all in a stage of existence where we can recognize or accept this and that's fine.
Was this supposed to be a coherent thought? Because it's very very close to being one.

giphy.webp

if only you could stop whoring for attention...

I went to try and not be judgemental in the gym today for only 1 hour.

Started over 4 times.

Self forgiveness is something that I will have to work very hard on, but it's something that I look forward to achieving. In a way, I feel reborn, but I wonder if I should try to reach out to others that I feel I said mean things to and tried to hurt, or I should accept that the past is the past.
If you interact with them on a frequent basis, sure, mention it. If you don't, don't go out of your way to find them to apologize.

If you interact with them on a frequent basis, sure, mention it. If you don't, don't go out of your way to find them to apologize.

Thank you. I have an ex-friend who I considered buying a gift for on Amazon. I'm not likely to interact with him ever again, so you believe it best to just let the past rest?

Looking over the OP again, "judging" isn't quite the word you are looking for. The word for what you and many others are doing is "prejudice".

Judging is forming an opinion based off of different factors such as a person's appearance, behavior, beliefs, past actions, etc.

You and some others in a thread are looking at one aspect of a person and applying a preconceived opinion based on very little evidence.

"He said or did X, so he must believe/do A, B, C and so on."

Looking at several factors and forming an opinion based solely on those factors is what judging is and is a valuable tool humans use. It's called READING people and it's actually a very positive trait.

Example of Prejudice
"He's Republican so he must be racist, homophobic and hates Muslims."

<{cruzshake}>

Example of Reading Someone
"She came in late to work with messy hair and bags under her eyes so she probably woke up late and had to rush to work."

<Goldie11>

Last edited:
Thank you. I have an ex-friend who I considered buying a gift for on Amazon. I'm not likely to interact with him ever again, so you believe it best to just let the past rest?
Yeah, I'd forget it. If you ran into him, then by all means, apologize. If what you did caused the friendship to break up, and by apologizing you can work things out, and you'd like to be friends with said person, then I'd apologize. But I wouldn't apologize to make yourself feel better. Just assume that he forgave you.

Interestingly, thousand of years ago, there was a Greek and Roman belief that a vein from the fourth finger on the left hand ran directly to the heart. This vein was known as the ‘vena amoris’ also known as the vein of love. This belief led to the tradition of wearing the wedding ring on that particular finger, symbolizing the love amongst the couple being married. According to scientific evidence, this myth is not true, however many individuals still like to believe it is.

Back