I recently decided to stop judging others, and I feel really proud so far

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I grew up with really poor self esteem. I think I started combating this by just judging others as harshly as I judged myself. Then after some soul searching, I truly realized that I need to stop being so critical of others and be kinder to myself. My life has been miserable with some intense suffering. Yet, if I focus on the positive, there's so much to be appreciative about.

Now I know this process will be hard and completely not judging will have challenges, but I'm proud of myself for once in my life. I look forward to adding to the quality of the planet, rather than being negative and making excuses for myself. If anyone ever wants to chat, PM me. Thanks for the kindness I've received on this board over the years. It has helped to inspire me.

You've got it figured out. People judge others because they're insecure and generally see in others the flaws they dislike in themselves...

I grew up with really poor self esteem. I think I started combating this by just judging others as harshly as I judged myself. Then after some soul searching, I truly realized that I need to stop being so critical of others and be kinder to myself. My life has been miserable with some intense suffering. Yet, if I focus on the positive, there's so much to be appreciative about.

Now I know this process will be hard and completely not judging will have challenges, but I'm proud of myself for once in my life. I look forward to adding to the quality of the planet, rather than being negative and making excuses for myself. If anyone ever wants to chat, PM me. Thanks for the kindness I've received on this board over the years. It has helped to inspire me.

Good stuff bro, that's a good attitude

Fuck you asshole

I feel like I need to work the most at having empathy for those that demonstrate hostility. Everybody deserves kindness and respect, and those that may seem like they don't likely need it the most.

You've got it figured out. People judge others because they're insecure and generally see in others the flaws they dislike in themselves...
not always. true. I judge animal abusers and never have beat an animal in my life

"Thanks for the kindness I've received on this board over the years"?? You've barely been here longer than me!

Also, you sound poor.

I feel like I need to work the most at having empathy for those that demonstrate hostility. Everybody deserves kindness and respect, and those that may seem like they don't likely need it the most.

I wus just kiddin'

"Thanks for the kindness I've received on this board over the years"?? You've barely been here longer than me!

Also, you sound poor.

I've had various names on here since 2006, but I am poor. Still not bad. LoL

People judge others all the time and it's not a negative trait to have. It's called having an opinion. Anyone who thinks they don't judge others may be a little retarded.

Quick scenario:

You're on a train. You want to sit. There are two open seats. The open seat on one side of the train is next to a homeless man who is muttering to himself and giving off a faint, but foul odor.

The open seat on the other side of the train is next to little old lady, quietly reading a book.

Which seat do you pick and why?

200_s.gif

Great Minds Discuss Ideas;
Average Minds Discuss Events;
Small Minds Discuss People

judging others is one of my favys! I like to figure out all of a persons flaws and make a mental note of it in case i need to throw that shit in their face when they are at their most vulnerable state.

Good job TS. Now practice forgiveness and you'll know the power of Christ.

People judge others all the time and it's not a negative trait to have. It's called having an opinion. Anyone who thinks they don't judge others may be a little retarded.

Quick scenario:

You're on a train. You want to sit. There are two open seats. The open seat on one side of the train is next to a homeless man who is muttering to himself and giving off a faint, but foul odor.

The open seat on the other side of the train is next to little old lady, quietly reading a book.

Which seat do you pick and why?

I mean, you're absolutely right that there's judging involved in everything. I guess what I'm trying to do is not make negative judgments on people's character based on a few moments or words. In your scenario, it sounds like just judging to have a better experience sitting down and minding your own business.

Good job TS. Now practice forgiveness and you'll know the power of Christ.

Self forgiveness is something that I will have to work very hard on, but it's something that I look forward to achieving. In a way, I feel reborn, but I wonder if I should try to reach out to others that I feel I said mean things to and tried to hurt, or I should accept that the past is the past.

I mean, you're absolutely right that there's judging involved in everything. I guess what I'm trying to do is not make negative judgments on people's character based on a few moments or words. In your scenario, it sounds like just judging to have a better experience sitting down and minding your own business.
<LikeReally5>

Stop lying to yourself. If you or any person agreeing with you in this thread saw someone kick a dog, you won't say

"Well, I'm sure he had a good reason to do that"

Stop lying to yourself. If you or any person agreeing with you in this thread saw someone kick a dog, you won't go "well, I'm sure he had a good reason to"

I mean, that's an extreme example. When we go out into the world, we don't see that type of stuff regularly. I judged people for the most minuscule things and have not been happy for it.

not always. true. I judge animal abusers and never have beat an animal in my life

Maybe you are expressing your innate recognition of the injustice of your over consumption of animal products. Or maybe it was a genralization...

Self forgiveness is something that I will have to work very hard on, but it's something that I look forward to achieving. In a way, I feel reborn, but I wonder if I should try to reach out to others that I feel I said mean things to and tried to hurt, or I should accept that the past is the past.

I more meant having a forgiving attitude towards others. But not beating yourself up is good too. Making amends for pass indiscretions is always a plus.

Back