I propose a new rule

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you fail to make weight on 3 separate occasions you must fight at least 1 weight class higher and cannot fight at the weight class where you failed to make weight.

Discuss bitches.

3 times is way too much and will be exploited. I think there's no reason why a professional fighter if he is truly a natural at that weight class should miss weight unless they are either too big for the weight class and are using weight cutting as an advantage over their opponent. I think if you miss weight once or twice you should be forced to move up.

Last edited:
3? You crazy. Zero tolerance is the only way to go

Doubt they change... you have guys almost killing themselves and nothing has changed.

Just think how many would wait til they already missed weight twice before they cared. How many wins would be achieved via weight difference?

I would say 2 times. or USADA should send people to monitor weight, and if it is above a certain percentage a week out (start of fight week), they should be pulled from the fight.

I propose a cumulative penalty system that takes into account total amount of weight missed over a period of 10 fights. Miss by X lbs for the first time you get X*10% less purse. If you miss again within the next 10 fights by Y lbs you get (X + Y)*10% less pay, so on and so forth, up to 100% purse.

For example, Dern missed weight by 7 lbs last time, so she should get a 70% purse penalty. If she ever misses weight even by 1 lbs in the next 10 fights, she'll get (7+1)*10 = 80% purse penalty. If she misses again by 2lbs she fights for free.

It's really not that complicated. Bring each fighter to the UFCPI for a weigh in with hydration testing. Use that to set the lowest weight class in which they are allowed to fight. Do this in conjunction with a fight so they aren't tempted to jack their bodies around to game the test. If I am not mistaken, the financial penalties for missing weight are assessed by the commissions, not the UFC. Let the commissions do their jobs, but on your second miss, you are moved up a weight class permanently.
Oh, and one last thing: Don't hand out title shots to those who miss weight. I'm looking at you, Romero and Till.

Is this an AC rule or a UFC rule? Either way the UFC won't make a rule for this cause they'll end up breaking it at some point.

Twice

1st = Warning

2nd = Go Up stupid

Not much to discuss, its up to the UFC to make it happen, but its similar to their "dont refuse fights" rule Chael mentioned when Yair got "cut".

Take more money from them

Suspend them from the roster for a year

Make them fight a weight class higher

Reduce their pay for their next fight

Rank them lower

Put them on the undercard or remove them from PPV

Make them forfeit their PPV earnings

Back