I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also heard great things about WolfCreek the miniseries. It should be available on Netflix soon

Almost finished Wolf Creek.

It's well done but this definitely wasn't for me.

How_War_and_Peace_was_sexed_up_for_2016.jpg

War and Peace 2016 six part mini-series. The battle scenes from the trailer convinced me to watch this and I was not disappointed. Excellent series, don't miss out.

Just finished this, it was quite good, thanks again for the recommend.

Lily James was excellent, look forward to seeing her in other things. Paul Dano was better than I expected, although he wasn't great.

My Name is Earl is a decent show.

Liked it a lot.

In related news, Ethan Suplee (Randy) is currently playing a violent psychopath in Chance, the new thriller with Hugh Laurie. He's really good.

Liked it a lot.

In related news, Ethan Suplee (Randy) is currently playing a violent psychopath in Chance, the new thriller with Hugh Laurie. He's really good.

I remember an episode of Earl where they were going to
make a movie. The let Randy act a few things.
It was great.

I'm a HUGE fan of Rectify. Pretty sure I started the first Mayberry thread for that show.

Yep, here it is.

Jesus, you guys were not kidding about Rectify. Been devouring it the last couple of days. So good!

Jesus, you guys were not kidding about Rectify. Been devouring it the last couple of days. So good!

Glad you're enjoying it, it's not for everyone, but it's a gem.

haven't read the whole thread but I'm about to finish off the first season of "Man Seeking Woman" and I find it to be pretty hilarious. You should check it out if you haven't already.

I'm slightly more than halfway through Fauda. It's fantastic.

Best thing I've seen in ages.

67dfe7b84f26e85288dbb1de52815bf54c2bf62a.jpg

I've been finishing up twin peaks for the sequel later this year

I'm slightly more than halfway through Fauda. It's fantastic.

Best thing I've seen in ages.

67dfe7b84f26e85288dbb1de52815bf54c2bf62a.jpg

I thought you said you don't want to watch shows with subtitles because you wanted to multitask while doing other things.

I thought you said you don't want to watch shows with subtitles because you wanted to multitask while doing other things.

It takes me much longer to watch them because they take 100% of my time, but I do watch them.

I happen to be home and incredibly sick, so I'm watching the whole season today. If I'm still crazy sick tomorrow I'll watch Gomorra, which I really want to see.

Almost done Fauda and it's really, really good.

Why ‘Fauda’ Is One of the Best TV Shows You’ll Ever See

Any Donnie Brasco fans looking for a good series about the mafia should check out Gomorrah. A really excellent show about horrible people. It's got excellent storylines, great acting, it's full of violence and there's a surprising amount of piss in it.

xsXLzJcr.jpg

Anyone seen Gomorrah? It's based on Roberto Saviano's 2006 real-life tell-all book about the Camorra, the Neapolitan crime syndicate.

I really enjoyed this show, even though it's in Italian so had to watch wth subtitles.

I saw the movie. I know they making a TV series out of it on Netflix, but I did not know it was finished and out already.

The same director also made Suburra. And I think they will do a TV series out of that as well.

Funny thing is both stories are polar opposites. Gamorrah makes mafia life look foolish, wasteful, and hypocritical. Suburra glamorizes the living hell out of the Mafia. After watching Suburra, I wanted to join.

edit Correction, the films are not directed by the same people. But the TV series Gamorrah and the movie Suburra are directed by same person.

But if the TV series is the same as the movie Gamorrah, then everything I say stands.

Halfway through the first season, this show is great. Loving every second.

Will check back in when I finish the first season, then the second.

Really enjoying it, thanks for the recommend.

Halfway through the first season, this show is great. Loving every second.

Will check back in when I finish the first season, then the second.

Really enjoying it, thanks for the recommend.

Where can you watch second? I have not found it

I am so surprised one of the US channels did not pick this up.

Any Donnie Brasco fans looking for a good series about the mafia should check out Gomorrah. A really excellent show about horrible people. It's got excellent storylines, great acting, it's full of violence and there's a surprising amount of piss in it.

xsXLzJcr.jpg

Anyone seen Gomorrah? It's based on Roberto Saviano's 2006 real-life tell-all book about the Camorra, the Neapolitan crime syndicate.

I really enjoyed this show, even though it's in Italian so had to watch wth subtitles.

I saw the movie. I know they making a TV series out of it on Netflix, but I did not know it was finished and out already.

The same director also made Suburra. And I think they will do a TV series out of that as well.

Funny thing is both stories are polar opposites. Gamorrah makes mafia life look foolish, wasteful, and hypocritical. Suburra glamorizes the living hell out of the Mafia. After watching Suburra, I wanted to join.

edit Correction, the films are not directed by the same people. But the TV series Gamorrah and the movie Suburra are directed by same person.

But if the TV series is the same as the movie Gamorrah, then everything I say stands.

This was an incredible series.

There's a scene in the season two finale so savage I burst into tears, a game of thrones level execution of an important character, only real people in the real world, it hit me pretty hard. This show did NOT mess around.

Che grande finale.

This was an incredible series.

There's a scene in the season two finale so savage I burst into tears, a game of thrones level execution of an important character, only real people in the real world, it hit me pretty hard. This show did NOT mess around.

Che grande finale.

Second season already out in Italy, not sure why it is not available here yet, cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back