I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Started "The Leftovers" yesterday. Very intriguing show, and its opening scene was great.

Man, are you going to HATE the last season and the finale.

Just kidding, it's awesome right to the end.

Man, are you going to HATE the last season and the finale.

Just kidding, it's awesome right to the end.

So glad I started this series. In addition to the amazing, batshit insane story, I can't get over how awesome the soundtrack is.

Season 1 was terrific. Season 2 was a train wreck, but good enough to keep watching. The last few episodes were definitely fucked. I do know that there was some talk of a season 3, but not sure how that'll go.

Also, check out Jericho. That was a great watch.
so fucking annoyed with jericho's cancellation. it and firefly should have been able to run their course. i hate neilsen families.

so fucking annoyed with jericho's cancellation. it and firefly should have been able to run their course. i hate neilsen families.
If i can recall, it was pulling good ratings. But cbs decided to cancel it because the storyline was veering towards insurrection with government. This was when we were stuck in iraq, dubya bush was in charge, and the public was getting fed up with all of it. So it wasnt a coincidence that the show was suddenly canceled for no damn reason.

Fresh Meat

- Set in a students house at Manchester University . Same writers as Peep show. Very funny.

People just do nothing

- Follows a group of jobless youths running a pirate radio station in West London. Very funny aswell, gets better with every season.

Fresh Meat

- Set in a students house at Manchester University . Same writers as Peep show. Very funny.

People just do nothing

- Follows a group of jobless youths running a pirate radio station in West London. Very funny aswell, gets better with every season.

I really like Fresh Meat.

Grabbing People Just Do Nothing now.

Thanks.

No worries man, definitely worth checking out. Especially season 2 and 3

Just finished season three, I really liked it.

The scene where Steves' nan died gutted me. A silly, breezy show where nothing is too serious, and they take the one big-hearted character and kill his grandmother. Didn't see it coming, took it pretty hard.

Just finished season three, I really liked it.

The scene where Steves' nan died gutted me. A silly, breezy show where nothing is too serious, and they take the one big-hearted character and kill his grandmother. Didn't see it coming, took it pretty hard.

Yes that was an awesome episode, the way they handled Steves' and Grindah's story was excellent.

They are showing season 4 in the UK at the moment and it's just as funny.
Big shout out to Chabuddy G, that geezer cracks me up.

Yes that was an awesome episode, the way they handled Steves' and Grindah's story was excellent.

They are showing season 4 in the UK at the moment and it's just as funny.
Big shout out to Chabuddy G, that geezer cracks me up.

Caught the first episode.

Seeing Grinder messed up on coke all the time makes the show really different. Interested in seeing where they go with his addiction. At least it isn't heroin.

Asim Chaudhry, the actor who plays Chabuddy, is one of the creators of the show. He's damned funny but he creeps me out.

Caught the first episode.

Seeing Grinder messed up on coke all the time makes the show really different. Interested in seeing where they go with his addiction. At least it isn't heroin.

Asim Chaudhry, the actor who plays Chabuddy, is one of the creators of the show. He's damned funny but he creeps me out.

Grindah does put in a funny performance as a cokehead but yeah it is quite uncomfortable to watch his downfall at times. Would have been tough to watch if he got on the skag.

Yeah I heard all the main characters chip in with creating and writing the show, I was surprised to hear that Steves is the main writer. They are really popular over here at the moment, they play loads of live gigs/clubs/festivals. Ive been wanting to see them live for a while.

Another funny program I can recommend is Summer heights high. Its been around for a few years so you might have seen it already.

Banshee.
Ended after 4 seasons.
Hardcore dark action

Stan against evil.
2nd season coming up
Horror comedy.

Justified.
ended after 6 seasons
Hardcore action.

The Magicans.
Season 3 is under production.
Sex, Drugs and Magic (and more than the occasional mutilation and death)

The expanse.
3rd season coming up.
A seriously good and INTELLIGENT Sci-Fi

If you need something to watch with your girl.
Outlander
season 3 coming soon.
Romantic adventure

If you are after something less known.
Plebs.
4th season under production.
British roman-era comedy.

Yonderland
ended after 3 seasons.
Serious British silliness. not for kids despite the cheap kid-show look.

American Gods
season 2 under production.
Modern world, old gods.

Last edited:
Glad to see People Just Do Nothing getting some love, funny show. It's all about Chubbz for me, he cracks me up!

Banshee.
Ended after 4 seasons.
Hardcore dark action

Satan against evil.
2nd season coming up
Horror comedy.

Justified.
ended after 6 seasons
Hardcore action.

The Magicans.
Season 3 is under production.
Sex, Drugs and Magic (and more than the occasional mutilation and death)

The expanse.
3rd season coming up.
A seriously good and INTELLIGENT Sci-Fi

If you need something to watch with your girl.
Outlander
season 3 coming soon.
Romantic adventure

If you are after something less known.
Plebs.
4th season under production.
British roman-era comedy.

Yonderland
ended after 3 seasons.
Serious British silliness. not for kids despite the cheap kid-show look.

American Gods
season 2 under production.
Modern world, old gods.

Great list.

I've seen every episode of each of these shows.

It's Stan Against Evil, by the way.

Justified is one of my top ten favorite shows ever.

Magicians has problems but also has a healthy supply of epic moments.

Outlander is extraordinarily well shot and acted.

Is there not a single realistic space travel show on tv?

I keep on seeing The Expanse listed as a good space show but I dunno man, has anyone seen it ?

Back