I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Well I have good news for you then. I watched an episode of it and IMDB has two different people credited with the voice acting so it's def out there.

My issue was the voice actor was too stereotypical cool if that makes sense. I guess a good analogy would be the uniforms of the marvel movie characters. All the uniforms look really good and the characters look badass. One punch man being a satire makes fun of this and his uniform looks silly in comparison, certainly not the whole badass imagery. I think not having stereotypical badassery persona is a big part what makes him so appealing as a character.

Plus they should have chosen a japanese guy who at least had a hint of an accent. He doesn't need to be speaking broken english or anything but the guys name is Saitama, he should have at least a hint of an accent IMO.

I'm interested in the voices of the other characters.

I remember there being several interactions I wanted to hear the goofy English interpretations

If you can get your hands on a Spanish female prison show, Vis a Vis. I think the English title is locked up. It's pretty good. Netflix has the first two seasons. It's everything Orange is the new black wants to be. , it also helps that it doesn't have lgbt /black lives matter propaganda with the subtleness of fucking tank that oitnb loves to nurture.

Yeah, the main characters got some of the biggest plot armors I've ever seen in tv show, but it's still a good watch.

Has anyone watched Absentia? Wondering if it's worth a go.

Watched the first episode of Sick Note. British comedy. Liked it and will watch more. Always like nick frost

you can stream "bablyon 5" on amazon prime. the effects were cheesy at their time and worse now, but the story holds up.

Holy shit 12 monkeys is fuckin great. Was a random rainy day and had shit to read or watch so I put one on and have binged all week. Just started the last season. Love all the little easter eggs and nods to the movie.

Also love:

the cameos so far. Madeleine Stowe and the Impractical Jokers lol. Wonder if there's any more in this last season

Holy shit 12 monkeys is fuckin great. Was a random rainy day and had shit to read or watch so I put one on and have binged all week. Just started the last season. Love all the little easter eggs and nods to the movie.

Also love:

the cameos so far. Madeleine Stowe and the Impractical Jokers lol. Wonder if there's any more in this last season

Wait, theres a show for this? Is it on Netflix by chance?

I've seen just about everything people talk about here and I have run out of great things to watch.

I would really appreciate some assistance finding something I haven't seen that is good.

Thanks in advance.

23rmhi0.jpg
Vice Principals
People of Earth
Black Mirror

If you can get your hands on a Spanish female prison show, Vis a Vis. I think the English title is locked up. It's pretty good. Netflix has the first two seasons. It's everything Orange is the new black wants to be. , it also helps that it doesn't have lgbt /black lives matter propaganda with the subtleness of fucking tank that oitnb loves to nurture.

Yeah, the main characters got some of the biggest plot armors I've ever seen in tv show, but it's still a good watch.

Maybe I'll check it out down the line, my standards are pretty high for shows with subtitles. I eventually gave up on the Spanish heist show.

Thanks for the tip.

latest

Last edited:
Has anyone watched Absentia? Wondering if it's worth a go.

Watched the first episode of Sick Note. British comedy. Liked it and will watch more. Always like nick frost

I caught the first couple of episodes of Absentia and then forgot about it. It seemed pretty good but fell off my radar.

91swLjN8B3L._RI_.jpg

I liked Sick Note. FYI, series two just started.

DjDwUXkW4AwxVHN.jpg

you can stream "bablyon 5" on amazon prime. the effects were cheesy at their time and worse now, but the story holds up.

How's the quality?

I've had a pretty ratty collection of B5 files for quite a long time, I'd be interested in seeing them in higher resolution.

The first time I saw it was a collection of VHS tapes of television broadcasts.

Vice Principals
People of Earth
Black Mirror

All great.

We need to get the word out about People of Earth, that show is fantastic, and nobody is talking about it.

maxresdefault.jpg

people-of-earth-tbs-season-2-premiere-canceled-renewed-e1498488519817.jpg

ARRGH

Just checked, cancelled. Dammit, I really liked that show.

How's the quality?

I've had a pretty ratty collection of B5 files for quite a long time, I'd be interested in seeing them in higher resolution.

The first time I saw it was a collection of VHS tapes of television broadcasts.
just like watching it on tv. so better than vhs recordings.

Maybe I'll check it out down the line, my standards are pretty high for shows with subtitles. I eventually gave up on the Spanish heist show.

Thanks for the tip.

latest
The heist show was very retarded and only reason i watched it because for some reason I thought it was based on a true story. If you can stomach oitnb, then you'll enjoy this.

• Money Heist (Spanish bank heist series, smart and really good)
  • Manhunt: Unabomber (10 episode docuseries)
  • Ozark (Jason Bateman and Laura Linney deliver great performances here)
  • Sharp Objects (just started on HBO, 2 episodes in, so far it's great)
  • American Crime - Only 2 seasons, brushes on current social issues like racism and sexual abuse. Underrated show.

Four episodes into Sharp Objects and I'm enjoying it.

All great.

We need to get the word out about People of Earth, that show is fantastic, and nobody is talking about it.

maxresdefault.jpg

people-of-earth-tbs-season-2-premiere-canceled-renewed-e1498488519817.jpg

ARRGH

Just checked, cancelled. Dammit, I really liked that show.

What?!

If you likeTrek, The Orville is good.

I liked Orville initially, but it began to feel like it was nothing more than a vehicle to discredit religion, God, etc... Just grew tired of it.

Sneaky Pete (Season 1 must see)

Schitt's Creek

Shut Eye

Spotless (not for everyone, but I enjoyed)

Billions (must see)

Succession (very similar to Billions)

Altered Carbon (not for everyone, but I really like Joel Kinnaman )

Black Mirror (skip around, not every episode is good, but some are great)

Humans (season 1 is great)

OA as someone else mentioned. Not like anything you have seen before.

I second Happ and Leonard. Great show to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
I binge watched Great Teacher Onizuka live action version(1998) in 3 days. I was a fan of the anime and this one is campy, riled with actors that lacked talent and fucking amazing! I'm now watching the 2012 remake of the series. After this I'll watch the movie version so I could finish the quadfecta. The anime is still better though.

I always resented Grey's Anatomy because it stole Boston Legal's time slot for that first season, and actually bumped BL for a year.

I never really liked Hospital dramas, the closest I came was House. I never watched ER or (gasp) Scrubs.

House is the only hospital drama I've ever enjoyed. I got my wife to watch it as well but she kind of just stopped watching it once the new team got brought in\was being decided.

Back