I MUST say this about the warriors of today

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have been watching MMA for 24 years. Since 1993 when the UFC began.
Those who have started watching when TUF began do not realize how good ALL the fighters have gotten..... I seriously watch some Hollywooded movie at times and think, what if a battle like such ACTUALLY did happen?
Well, I seriously cannot pretend that what is acted out in movies, we sometimes get to see as TRUE MMA FANS.

For instance, this past weekend, the first fight between Brown and Camacho was a Top Notch battle of wills with both warriors refusing to quit.
Back in early UFC days, a battle as such was non-existent....In Pride, it occurred on occasion.
BUT, in 2017, a battle of wills does not necessarily or must come from a top name. Great MMA battles come from unknowns all the time now.

I could care less if I see the typical, "UFC is dying" post. 2018 is gonna be MASSIVE!

PRIDE had more action

For instance, this past weekend, the first fight between Brown and Camacho was a Top Notch battle of wills with both warriors refusing to quit.
Back in early UFC days, a battle as such was non-existent....In Pride, it occurred on occasion.
{<huh}

I've been watching for over 12 years and never lost interest until this year

It's not as good as it once was

Also had more steroids. I miss it.
yeah it was dudes on the juice tryna beat the shit outta eachother. think of the damage those guys took when they fought with the knees on the ground, soccer kicks etc.

without the roids those guys wouldn't have lasted more then a few years fighting like that. the roids helped em to withstand the punishment

tumblr_msrytpx26r1r228r5o1_250.gif

Let's go back to tournament style..
That's hardcore

It's true. The sport has evolved, and now we have all of these full-time fighters coming from the great gyms. They all spend hours and hours training mma, and they go through these 2-month (min) training camps to get in peak physical condition for the fight. Throw in some heart and will, and you'regonna be treated to some entertaining mma.

It's good to see respect for the current state of mma. A lot of things were better back then, but not the fighters.

With so much bitching and whining on here it's nice to see an appreciation thread.

A lot of so-called fans really don't understand what they are watching.

I've been watching for over 12 years and never lost interest until this year

It's not as good as it once was
I been watching ufc since 05-06 back when it was on spike (chuck vs Tito) and I've never more of a mma fan that I am now.

I have not been watching as long 2003 and this is first year I started hating it. So much BS. Fighters getting rubs. Money fights. Slow defenses. Canceled fight pass after years and don't give UFC a cent is best way I know to show I'm not happy.

The ONLY thing better is the fighters who don't fight.

There have always been wars and great fights.

But yes, that Brown vs Camacho fight was a ridiculously entertaining brawl. I also felt a little uneasy watching them absorb so much damage.

HW and LHW have got much much worse over the years and has gone backwards badly.

What you said its true for the other divisions though. although they never really existed much in the early days.

its true the level has gone up in those divisions but the level of point fighting has gone up, game planned decisions. I have seen a awful lot of point fighting in the last few years creep in, which never really existed in the past. The WMMA is amateurish and not even at mens amateur level.

The Brown and Camacho fight that you highlighted from last weekends event was very good, I agree, but why not mention Hamilton vs Wiezorek from last weekends event? that was so bad, beyond awful.

prefer "don't ask, don't tell" on steroids

Back