I miss Sakuraba, he was incredible. You just don´t have fighters like that anymore.

Saku was abused full stop. Takada is an absolute bell end. I remember reading that as saku fought out of his gym he'd only get a percentage of the fight purse and that takadas gym would take the majority. He's a bag of shit that couldn't win an mma fight without the assistance of the opposition. War saku, fuck takada.

Enson Inoue also said something about Takada being a huge pussy.

Is that what it comes down to? You don't believe it because on the surface/on camera Saku had a smile and seemed like a nice guy? You seem like a nice guy yourself, but you really have a lot to learn about how the world really works bud.

As far as which matches to look for, the most obvious ones are Vitor, Cro Cop, Randleman, Shamrock, Jackson. Keep in mind that there isn't only one way to fix fights, it's not only a traditional "guy loses on purpose" in fact some of the opponents involved with Sakuraba actually won, which gives credence to what Quinton Jackson said. If the yakuza could not convince a guy to dive they could offer them a different deal like 'Don't knock Saku out standing, everything else goes' which is definitely what happened with the fixed Cro Cop match for example. That way it still contributes to Sakuraba's mythology despite losing: ie. 'he lost but wow look at how well he did against a much bigger guy!'.

That formula worked, it holds up even today. Look at all the disillusioned people today still buying that narritive and literally repeating it.

That is the sham of this guy's quote on quote legacy.

Vitor - broken hand...plus he was totally gassed...then got his legs destroyed

Cro Cop - You are saying in a Pride vs K1 event...Pride bribed the K1 fighter? First off Cro Cop is a counter striker....he is fighting a guy who is also a southpaw. Saku had a great single leg and was very quick at getting down low to get it. So since Cro cop didn't come out throwing high kicks...you're claiming fix. Saku went for 3 takedowns in the first 30 seconds...then cro cop rocks him with a 1-2 that forces saku to clinch for a waist high takedown...oh wait...nevermind....I forgot crocop isn't supose to try and knock him out...my bad. Cro cop then starts chopping away at the back of Saku's thighs.....like he always does to get his opponent to lower his hands...to set up the head kick. Once Cro cop gets taken down...his ground game is holding the other guys hands to get a standup. Saku stayed busy to nullify a standup.

Randleman - Kevin controlled most of the fight unitl he got caught in the armbar. It was a dull fight with mostly lay and pray from kevin. Randleman put himself in a bad spot. He ignored instructions from his corner the whole fight. I suppose the Nakamura fight was also a fix...since he was a Japanese fighter the same size as Saku and out-grappled Randleman.

Shamrock - Ken was in the middle of a 1-8 fight streak at this point. He ran away and went face first into the ropes. Taking a couple shots to the side of the head in the process. He got knocked out 3 fights later in Cage Rage. So after Ken throws a fit about the mezger decision...he come back and takes a fixed fight against saku
giphy.gif

Rampage....first the story about the bribe to not tap....then he was poisoned. He comes out on the Pride Decade DVD saying he was sick...he wasn't right for that fight and wanted a rematch. As stated his word means nothing

New Sakuraba fan...lol...and don't call me a kid ...Well lets critique your brilliant logic...first Rampage...who said he was offered more money if he didn't tap if caught in a submission. Well he was caught...but he tapped...so he lost the money he was supposedly offered...which was free money...and didn't affect the outcome of the fight. Rampage also talked shit right to Dana before the first chuck fight...about how great Pride was....it was better than the UFC...blah blah blah....then when he is signed with the UFC...Oh the UFC is great....better than Pride...yada yada yada. Rampages word means nothing....and thats the Only fighter you have claiming they were offered a "fix" against Sakuraba.

Oh the noble Brazilians.....except Vitor.....because he took a bribe. Vitor is mentally weak...he broke his hand at the begining of the fight....and didn't know what to do...so he just gave up. Vitor...who has been caught cheating multiple times....Wand came out and accused the UFC of fixed fights....even had Tito backing him...then recanted.....ran from drug testing...but you're going to assume he had too much integrity to turn down bribes from Pride. Where are all these statements from ChuteBoxe and BTT saying they turned down bribes. You don't have any...your just making assumptions to fit your agenda.

The Randleman fight....your a fool if you thing Saku was dominating him on the ground....Randleman was in full control...then Saku pulled out an armbar. Where are your comments from Randleman claiming this was fixed? You don't have any.......I mean Coleman came out and said he took a dive.

The Shamrock fight....he fell face first into the ropes...thats what broke his fall.

The definition of a "Fixed Fight" is the outcome is arranged before the event. Schrembri and Mezger you claim the officials fixed it during the fight/ after. So does this mean McGregor Diaz2 was fixed....Diaz outstruck him and maintaned octagon control by holding the center of the octagon while Conor ran around him. Big John has made claims of the UFC fixing fights...but you don't want to mention these instances....but according to you....a questionable decision in Pride means a fixed fight.

Do you always talk like you're in need to take a dump? Because you come across low IQ and unreadable, exactly the type of individual who would believe these Saku fights were all legit. I doubt anybody in this thread read more than one paragraph of that.

I've never seen any other cases of that except Rampage and even that 'offer' didn't make it a fixed fight number one because Rampage didn't accept and second it wasn't about throwing a fight, it was for not tapping if he was caught in a submission hold by Saku.

Rampage is also a notorious whiner and even if his critiques have some truth behind them it's a fact he's complained furiously about Pride, UFC and Bellator. He's seems like the type of guy who's never satisfied with his situation.

Again you guys miss the point. Regardless of the details of that offer, it is damning enough that officials were trying to fix fights in Saku's favor in ANY WAY. How do you not get that? I can't stand Jackson in any way, but there is no way he would completely make that up about Pride. Twisting some details to make himself look better maybe, but it's a fact that he got approached by sketchy individuals from that corrupt organization with an offer in Saku's favor, thereby nullifying all legitimacy.

If the defense to that is "well Jackson didn't accept it anyway!" then it becomes clear that there is no talking to you. In that case Saku is your prophet and this is a creepy cult-like following.

Enson Inoue also said something about Takada being a huge pussy.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/enson-enoue-calls-nobuhiko-takada-a.2763527/

I remember enson used to post here. Found this and he doesn't have a high opinion of the guy.. ensons responses in that thread are hilarious.

Anyways I rewatched the crocop, shamrock fights as had been suggested.

@Readybodisready

Cro cop fight doesn't seem like a fix. Guys have too much respect for each other and it was semi dull quite like the cro cop pat Barry fight. The shamrock fight seems legit too, saku cracks him and he turns away through the ropes seemed like a damn good call by the ref. Then as usual shamrock protests like he does in many many fights.

All in all I still don't think saku was aware of nor purposely threw any fights at all.

Do you always talk like you're in need to take a dump? Because you come across low IQ and unreadable, exactly the type of individual who would believe these Saku fights were all legit. I doubt anybody in this thread read more than one paragraph of that.

Wow...what an intellectual comeback..I guess by giving instances to actual back my opinions means I have low IQ....my current profession would completely contradict that statement. I have addressed each of your points, but you have failed to do that with anyone. But I guess we should just take your word...which has been the entire basis of your argument this entire thread. You are a complete fool

Saku was a true "once ever" fighter.
But look at him now, knees fucked, some dude pretty much ripped his ear off and he most certainly has brain damage...

Back