I miss base infiltration/stealth shooters

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1 man commando games like Splinter Cell and Project IGI.

MGS V was the last one I played but nothing on recently. Kinda dying for games like that.

600px-IGI2_DRAGUNOV.jpg

SCB_Image_Screenshot_SP_Paraguay3.jpg

Yeah, what happened to the Splinter Cell series? I used to love that.

I remember the game I played with my dad - Hidden and dangerous 2. It had a rather advanced stealth system compared to CoD and MoH. There were mission briefings where they advised you what gear you would need, then you went packing, but could take anything.
So I ended up on a Nazi ship trying to steal Enigma coding machine with a fucking sniper rifle, because my dad likes sniper rifles. Had to take out the entire ship silently with a knife.

The new Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 is open-world-like with big spaces for infiltration options...though it's a sniper game, meaning long-range to get to objectives, but you can stealth your way in as well.

1 man commando games like Splinter Cell and Project IGI.

Sniper Elite 4 is like this. Maps are quite open that allow multiple avenues and for the most part require stealth.

Played the Deus Ex games bro?

Splinter Cell used to be my favorite series, especially when it came out, when I was in high school. I thought the success of Blacklist would breath new life into the series, but that was 5 fucking years ago. shit.

There is still some good stealth, like Deus Ex, Dishonored, and a few others. I'm so sick of the batman arkham asylum vision, and enemy tagging that has destroyed the genre. Seeing outlines of every enemy in an area meant for stealth kills any and all tension.

There was easily once a time where my little code strains of MGSV Infiltration soldiers were practically a third family

I had some random female agent that had solid perks who wound up pulling off my most pants-shittingly intense infiltrations of live players defending and I played her constantly to the point where my mates would enter my house and go who is that woman you're literally rolling around covered head to toe in blood and I would reply shush I can't hear things

Aint no party like a 40 minutes of tense silence spent watching seagulls waiting for an opening

Fantasy setting, not a gun & camo stealther, but one of the more recent ones:

PC-Dishonored-2-SaveGame.jpg

Also, Giant Bomb's GOTY a few years ago:

hitman1-1200x640.jpg

Splinter Cell Conviction is now backwards compatible in the Xbox One.

Hitman is amazing. I highly, highly recommend it if you like stealth, freedom and creativity in a sandbox level. One of the best and most creative games one of the few that did episodic content right. I'm so happy IO retained the Hitman license when Square (the fools!) let them go.

Also, people just don't have the patience for it anymore and mp gaming has exploded tremendously within the past 5 years or so.

I never enjoyed the Hitman games just couldn't get into them. Splinter Cell was fucking amazing back in the day. I hate the changes they made.

I remember playing the first one and losing the game halfway through a level because someone discovered a body I hid in the beginning of the level. I literally would have to restart the whole level.

Hitman is amazing. I highly, highly recommend it if you like stealth, freedom and creativity in a sandbox level. One of the best and most creative games one of the few that did episodic content right. I'm so happy IO retained the Hitman license when Square (the fools!) let them go.

Also, people just don't have the patience for it anymore and mp gaming has exploded tremendously within the past 5 years or so.

Yep. bought it a couple months ago. I play like 20 games at once, and take forever to beat any one of them. Hitman is just as great as it's lineage. I remember being instantly curious about Hitman 2 when a HS buddy was playing it on ps2. Off to the races since then. Blood Money is my favorite, but Contracts, Absolution, and this one so far are great.

I am the BM Hitman guy. New one is OK but not as good as BM was.

Back