I might get a new laptop, recommendations?

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the recommendations. I've been off the market for awhile and learned a lot while trying to 'catch up' so I could make an informed decision.

I went with:

HP - OMEN 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 1TB HDD + 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.

I got it for $800, new.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...8gb-pcie-nvme-m-2-ssd/5911800.p?skuId=5911800

It's a bitch to transfer all my old shit onto this laptop, I only have a 128gb flash drive so I've been doing this in pieces. 100gb at a time, checking the file size and file count after each transfer so it matches with what's on the old laptop. I'm only getting about 10mb/sec transfer speeds so it's a pain. I've had this latop for years and I'm giving it away. I'm also OCD about record keeping, so I want to be dilligent.

Thanks again.

How are the Razer laptops? The ones where you can add an external video card? That would be the way I'd go, if gaming were a priority.

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the recommendations. I've been off the market for awhile and learned a lot while trying to 'catch up' so I could make an informed decision.

I went with:

HP - OMEN 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 1TB HDD + 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.

I got it for $800, new.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...8gb-pcie-nvme-m-2-ssd/5911800.p?skuId=5911800

It's a bitch to transfer all my old shit onto this laptop, I only have a 128gb flash drive so I've been doing this in pieces. 100gb at a time, checking the file size and file count after each transfer so it matches with what's on the old laptop. I'm only getting about 10mb/sec transfer speeds so it's a pain. I've had this latop for years and I'm giving it away. I'm also OCD about record keeping, so I want to be dilligent.

Thanks again.

You should get an external hard drive. They're not expensive. Then use Macrium Reflect.